Could this be the difference between HAL and Carnival?

gregdude

Hi, Pipedreams. Nice to have you back!

I love this thread. Brings out the best in everyone! LOL

We sail Carnival whenever the urge arises. Depending on the time of year, we see a few drunks now and then. We also see lots of great, hard working people having a wonderful time. The ships are big, brash, fun and filled with energy and excitement.

When the action gets to be more than we can take, we just glide over to HAL for a few cruises and everything is fine again.

What's to complain about? We're doing all this for about the same money we paid 20 or 30 years ago. There's a place for both Carnival and HAL. Now, get out there and have a great cruise. It's the best travel value in the world today!

Now, I've had my say and I feel better....LOL

Merry Christmas, everybody!

One of the all-time great websites.

(new stock arriving daily, so add it to your favorites. ;))

Ruth I have never seen such a funny website in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this - it is definitely in my favourites. Wow - I came to the States from Aussie twice this year, and as I was looking through these photographs, I had a horrible relevalation that I may come across a photograph of myself and or my partner whilst we were shopping in Walmart!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only wish Walmart would come to Australia.

I have been amazed at the snobbery of some cruisers - I have been on HAL, RCL, Cunard, P &O, and some Russian car ferries converted into cruise ships (x2) (one of which sunk in New Zealand). All have been fascinating with wonderful (and some not so wonderful people) on board. Even the Russian ships which had fantastic food when they were Soviet i.e. salmon, cavier, and then the second time around when they were not Soviet and gave us Borscht and boiled very large potatoes day after day!!!! What an experience. In 2010 I will be going on NCL and Carnival in the States. I love to travel and to enable me to do this I need to travel economically - best price wins for me all the time!!! There are always different people with different values on any cruise - money does not equate with good morals, values, good taste or social skills.

Joanie,

Excellent post....thank you:)

Sadly some people (and not just here in CC but everywhere in life) can't enjoy what they have unless they put down what you have.

Like you said if it is something they feel is beneath them or not fancy enough for them, they need to put it down along with the people who enjoy it.

One of my wifes best friends and her husband (God bless them he has a very very good job, they want for nothing) were looking for a new car for her. She wanted one of those new VW Bugs (she had an old one in high school and college and loved her little "Love Bug")

She ended up getting a BMW SUV

Why?????

Her husband couldn't bear to think what people would think if she drove around their upscale neighborhood or picked up their kids at the fancy private school in a VW Bug.

COO COO ...... COO COO

It is so much more fun to drive a Bimmer. Don't know about the SUV though. :)

Ruth I have never seen such a funny website in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this - it is definitely in my favourites. Wow - I came to the States from Aussie twice this year, and as I was looking through these photographs, I had a horrible relevalation that I may come across a photograph of myself and or my partner whilst we were shopping in Walmart!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only wish Walmart would come to Australia.

I have been amazed at the snobbery of some cruisers - I have been on HAL, RCL, Cunard, P &O, and some Russian car ferries converted into cruise ships (x2) (one of which sunk in New Zealand). All have been fascinating with wonderful (and some not so wonderful people) on board. Even the Russian ships which had fantastic food when they were Soviet i.e. salmon, cavier, and then the second time around when they were not Soviet and gave us Borscht and boiled very large potatoes day after day!!!! What an experience. In 2010 I will be going on NCL and Carnival in the States. I love to travel and to enable me to do this I need to travel economically - best price wins for me all the time!!! There are always different people with different values on any cruise - money does not equate with good morals, values, good taste or social skills.

Murramba, thanks for the enlightning about the Soviet Cruise lines. I enjoy being on most of the lines and crusing to enjoy myself and DW. I love to read about the different modes that people enjoy on vacations on CC.. But people Shopping at walmart is always Good. All these young people Whom Adhore the older people on their boat. Just wait your turn, You will be older shortly, please pass the ice cream> JY.

Ruth I have never seen such a funny website in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this - it is definitely in my favourites.

Oh, I only commented on it; let's give credit to Huddler for posting the link.

A friend sent the link to me several months ago. I didn't realize there were new photos daily (and sometimes more than once a day) until I went to show a photo to a friend. What a nice surprise! Now I check it at least once a day. (Everyone needs a good laugh.)

It is so much more fun to drive a Bimmer. Don't know about the SUV though. :)

Oh they definately are *LOL*

Just bought an SUV over the summer , had a ball with it yesterday morning going into work wayyyy before the snow plows were out *LOL*

There has been thread after thread here where someone has made reference to Walmart as if was was some horrible thing.

It's a freakin retail store!!!!!! And a pretty darn successful one too.

Yes they sell some cheesy ugly crap I wouldn't wear or have in my home , but I have seen some cheesy ugly crap in fancy stores on 5th Avenue I wouldn't wear or have in my home.

They also sell products that everyone needs and uses ...even HAL pax.....Even Cunard pax Things like soap and laundry detergent , and deodorant and toilet paper . And they sell them at a good price.

At least I hope everyone uses these products , otherwise all the fancy formal wear everyone packs is just a facade :)

LOL! So true! I shop Walmart at least twice a month. Who cares if my Scott brand toilet paper, my Crest brand toothpaste, my Secret brand deodorant, my KLeenex brand tissues with lotion,etc. came from Walmart, target, or kroger? LOL! all these times came from the same factory. I was in there last Tuesday and I did vow I would not be back there until a week after Christmas it was so congested-LOL! Which is the only reason for avoiding Walmart-Christmas shoppers makes that place a madhouse right now!

Oh, I only commented on it; let's give credit to Huddler for posting the link.

A friend sent the link to me several months ago. I didn't realize there were new photos daily (and sometimes more than once a day) until I went to show a photo to a friend. What a nice surprise! Now I check it at least once a day. (Everyone needs a good laugh.)

Life boils down to this:

Whatever the situation, humor makes it better/easier and we should laugh at ourselves harder than we laugh at anyone else

r.

PS: And as Ruth knows, Chocolate helps.

Archived