found memory card on DREAM

oceanseagle12

I am just off the Carnival Dream and have a memory card that I found. I am thinking it was from the previous sailing- December 3, 2009. It was found in a balcony cabin on the Lido deck.

I am hoping to find the person who it belongs to before I bother contacting Carnival. If you think it could be yours, let me know the cabin number and type of card and/or describe some of the pictures.

If you have a CF card reader, look on the card and see if there is any identifying information.

The pictures will typically have some metadata that indicates the type of camera, date and time, etc. You may see stuff on the card that identifies the owner.

It's worth a shot.

Why would Carnival bother returning a memory card when it would take them time to hunt down the rightful owner? They might have a drawer full of them. I think the OP is doing the right thing and hopefully if the OP contacts Carnival to give it back to it's rightful owner, then IMHO, that would be the easiest way to go.

I too take the first picture of my name and contact info anytime I start a new card - that way if I lose it and someone is sauvy enough they will check it out - hopefully you find them. I don't know if you realize it but only about 5% of people who sail actually use this board although you would think that it is a lot more. Hope not too many of you are getting this big dump of snow I see going on down there - this is what we usually are like.

Glendale- I am pretty sure it is of the Dec 3 sailing- recognized photos of St Thomas but I will look more closely tomorrow.

Fire- How many posts have you read on here of people trying to get stuff back from Carnival? I knew it wasn't from my sailing, and it was obvious that they didn't do a back to back.

I decided to make my best effort at hunting them down. I can always call Carnival, but I feel like I have better chance with the card in my possession rather than it going into some drawer on the ship.

Wow, my heart almost stopped for a minute there.

But I doubt the one you have is mine. I was not in a balcony. I was on Vista deck and the first picture (of 172) was of my address.

I hope to get mine back someday. I was on the September 21st sailing.:(

wow that is a great idea!!! i will have to remember to take a picture of my address b efore out next trip

that is a great idea for a website!! to the previous poster: If someone is on a cruise without their spouse-(without the spouses permission)... shame on them!! personally, i don't think I could ever go on a cruise without my dw... but i think if she went on one with her bro. or sister that would be great by me...

Such a great idea!

Did you read the success stories!!

yeah, they are amazing!! I never would have thought to take a picture of my address... I now have my cell phone number as the first picture on the memory card in my cameras...

yeah, they are amazing!! I never would have thought to take a picture of my address... I now have my cell phone number as the first picture on the memory card in my cameras...

That is really a good idea!

The photo dept also has a card reader so you can develop photos.. maybe a photo of your cabin number too?:)

Archived