soda card for juice?

elkruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure what line you are cruising on, but on all of our Carnival cruises juice, soda (glasses not cans), and tonic water were included with the Soda card. My DH and DD do not drink that much soda, but the juice and tonic water make the card pay for itself well in advance!

I don't think juices are dispensed via the soda gun. It was my understanding that only carbonated soft drinks were covered under the "Coke card" plan. I suppose you could find a sympathetic bartender who'd bend the rules, but I wouldn't count on it, unless something has changed.

Soda cards cover club soda/soda water with a splash of cranberry. I drank these on previous cruises using a soda card/sticker. Tip - gun sodas come in 2 sizes, ask for the larger size at the bar so you don't have to keep going back for another.

Ultimate card/sticker (approx $75 for 7 days) covers hot chocolate, mock cocktails, and juices/smoothies. Both are available for adult purchase to cover the entire cruise. For example, purchasing on day 2 means you still pay for the price it would cost for the entire cruise. Enjoy your cruise.

I just returned from the Emerald and I bought the Ultimate soda sticker. It was really worth it for me. I would drink soda during the day, but had mocktails in the evening since I don't drink alcohol. I also got orange juice at the International Cafe. Most of the time they gave me the larger glasses of soda when I was at the pool.

After reading about the 'Ultimate' card here on this forum, I purchased one on our cruise.

Well, many people know that I came back with many complaints about our experiences with food and beverage on the Ruby.

(Most everything else was really wonderful.... but this area was nothing other than BAD)

I hadn't mentioned this complaint, yet.... but, now seems the time.

I paid good money for that card - and I can't tell you how many times we were told 'no' for every conceivable reason.

We experienced so many 'NO's' from food and beverage that it was just downright sad.

I might as well have just bought the cheaper soda card.

Everything but soda and simple juices like Orange Juice were flat out denied.... NO to the smoothies... Heck, lemonade is available for FREE - but nobody at any of the bars/counters would even serve me a rasberry-lemonade. :mad: They said NO to a simple shot of rasberry syrup. Very disappointing and quite ridiculous. :confused:

Just be forewarned....

We purchased an Ultimate Card for our daughter and she got everything she asked for on the Emerald during our Thanksgiving Cruise. That is too bad that you were told no after paying $75. It seems like every ship has different rules. They need to be on the same page for all their ships.

After reading about the 'Ultimate' card here on this forum, I purchased one on our cruise.

Well, many people know that I came back with many complaints about our experiences with food and beverage on the Ruby.

(Most everything else was really wonderful.... but this area was nothing other than BAD)

I hadn't mentioned this complaint, yet.... but, now seems the time.

I paid good money for that card - and I can't tell you how many times we were told 'no' for every conceivable reason.

We experienced so many 'NO's' from food and beverage that it was just downright sad.

I might as well have just bought the cheaper soda card.

Everything but soda and simple juices like Orange Juice were flat out denied.... NO to the smoothies... Heck, lemonade is available for FREE - but nobody at any of the bars/counters would even serve me a rasberry-lemonade. :mad: They said NO to a simple shot of rasberry syrup. Very disappointing and quite ridiculous. :confused:

Just be forewarned....

I would have asked for a the bar manager or made a complaint to someone in food and beverage. It says right on the little poster at the sign up table (near the buffet on the first day) that all of those things are included with the UKP.

We were on the Crown in December and I was able to get anything I wanted that was non alcoholic. Lots of virgin frozen strawberry dacquiris, juice drinks like fruit punch which is pineapple juice, orange juice and grenadine. Every bar staff person was pleasant and helpful even after they knew I had the sticker.

WOW!! I've heard of the Ultimate card, but I didn't know it covered virgin cocktails too!!! If I knew, I would've gotten one of those cards on my last cruise!! :eek:

Anyhow, does anyone know how much, exactly, this ultimate card costs? I know it's valid for the entire cruise, but how much per day is it?

Also, it is unlimited, right? So, I can have as many virgin strawberry as I want? (I'm totally addicted to this and Princess makes the best virgin strawberry). :) AND....can I get it in the dining room, too?

Thanx for all your help!

WOW!! I've heard of the Ultimate card, but I didn't know it covered virgin cocktails too!!! If I knew, I would've gotten one of those cards on my last cruise!! :eek:

Anyhow, does anyone know how much, exactly, this ultimate card costs? I know it's valid for the entire cruise, but how much per day is it?

Also, it is unlimited, right? So, I can have as many virgin strawberry as I want? (I'm totally addicted to this and Princess makes the best virgin strawberry). :) AND....can I get it in the dining room, too?

Thanx for all your help!

Last time I checked, the price was $9 (+) per day times the number of days of your cruise.

Thanx for all your help!

Yes, you can have as many non alcoholic drinks as you like including mocktails, sodas, juices, hot chocolate, etc. I always got the virgin strawberry dacquiris in the large plastic glass they use at the pool and had several a day. My total cost for a 7 day cruise was $72.45 which includes the 15% surcharge.

I would imagine you could use it in the dining room, but I never did. If I had one of those with my meal I would not be able to eat much as they are filling.

There is a "deluxe" soda card available that does include cranberry juice. It was offer on our 12/18 cruise.

I am wondering if the Deluxe Soda Card is different than the Ultimate Card? That could be why some of these prices posted are different. Last time I checked, the Ultimate card was $9 plus per day, but it sounds like the deluxe soda card might be a bit less, but higher than the regular soda card????

Yes, you can have as many non alcoholic drinks as you like including mocktails, sodas, juices, hot chocolate, etc. I always got the virgin strawberry dacquiris in the large plastic glass they use at the pool and had several a day. My total cost for a 7 day cruise was $72.45 which includes the 15% surcharge.

I would imagine you could use it in the dining room, but I never did. If I had one of those with my meal I would not be able to eat much as they are filling.

Thanx! That's great to know! I assume it'll be like the soda card. I see people using the soda card (actually a sticker on their cruise card) and I've seen people ordering drinks in the dining rooms, and even in the princess theater using their sticker!!!

It's a great deal at $9 per day. I'll have to do it on one of my shorter cruises. I can't imagine purchasing the card for 30 days!! :eek:

Archived