Call from Royal Caribbean

cruiseonly

When RC called us several weeks before our cruise, we were offered an upgrade from the cheapest balcony to a junior suite for $100 upcharge..........It was a great deal and was still hundreds below what we would have paid for a JS.

I had a call from Royal before my last cruise, I wasn't home and they left a message. It was the same as 39August posted- thanks for choosing Royal Caribbean, have a wonderful cruise, call with questions, etc.

I would have loved the upgrade phone call.

We received a similar call a few weeks ago too. I missed the call, but called back. It was a "if you have any questions" and "have a wonderful cruise" type call too. I have to admit, I was hoping for an upgrade to a royal suite or something. ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

We are diamond members and our last RCCL cruise was on the Freedom in 2007.

We will wait for another call.

After about 10 calls in a 6 month period from Miami where no one would leave a message, I emailed RCI and said I was being bothered. First reply was they told me there was nothing they could do about it. I didn't like that answer and went to the top. After that, I had my very own RCI communications IT guy investigate for weeks only to tell me that they did not find the source of the phone calls. Not surprising though after that, the phone calls stopped. What I really think is my RCI certified cruise planner was fulfilling his quota by making the phone calls and just making the calls satisfied that quota on phone logs.

I don't mind the calls, just don't hang up as I'm running to the phone. A reverse lookup on the internet of the phone number that was calling me turned up comments from others that also received these kinds of nuisance calls.

I hope yours was an upgrade call, but perhaps it is possible that it is just a cold sales call.

Archived