Shareholder Benefit

punkybett

We fax in one statement for the year with the bookings listed. stocks other than CCL are blacked out.

Some will say that CCL is not a good investment vs. returns on that investment. True that dividends have been suspended for the fiscal year. Prior to that, they were pretty good. An improving economy should bring them back.

But, using the shareholders OBC pays a pretty good return on investemnt when we take five cruises a year.................

We fax in one statement for the year with the bookings listed. stocks other than CCL are blacked out.

Some will say that CCL is not a good investment vs. returns on that investment. True that dividends have been suspended for the fiscal year. Prior to that, they were pretty good. An improving economy should bring them back.

But, using the shareholders OBC pays a pretty good return on investemnt when we take five cruises a year.................

Many of us who bought CCL more than a year or so ago are in the red, so of course cant say its been a good investment. Those who only quote that its up after it sold off so bad so they made a killing arent going back very far... hopefully it will come back some day.

I have 700 shares only, but when you divide the OBC into more than 100 shares then it doesnt come back as such a great investment. Im sure Im not the only one with more than the minimum 100 shares?

5 cruises a year??

Can you adopt me please? :D

:confused:

I know someone is going to say this is a dumb question, but I really dont know the answer. How do you get proof of your shares of stock in Carnival? I mean, if I go on Ameritrade and buy some shares, do I get the proof from Ameritrade or do you have to go through a private personal investor accountant person?

To avoid having to "black out" everything else on our statement, we use a copy of our yearly proxy voting info. It's worked so far :).

We've had the stock for quite a while and have held it, partly because of the OBC and partly because we do believe it will go up :D .

Is this something that they always offer once you have 100 shares? The website link that someone listed earlier said that it is available for sailings booked by Feb 28, 2010. So is this a temporary promotion or something that is always offered (getting the OBC)?

Is this something that they always offer once you have 100 shares? The website link that someone listed earlier said that it is available for sailings booked by Feb 28, 2010. So is this a temporary promotion or something that is always offered (getting the OBC)?

Yes it's always available if you own 100 shares...They review it every year and have always renewed it every year...we are getting $100 obc for our Dream cruise and $250 for our 15 day Panama Canal cruise on the Elation...Just send in proof of ownership and your booking number and you will get the OBC....:)....Dennis

Yes it's always available if you own 100 shares...They review it every year and have always renewed it every year...we are getting $100 obc for our Dream cruise and $250 for our 15 day Panama Canal cruise on the Elation...Just send in proof of ownership and your booking number and you will get the OBC....:)....Dennis

$250 is a real nice OBC

I always use e-mail.

Send to guest_solutions@carnival.com

Here's the email address. You need to send them your name, booking number, ship and sail date and the proof of ownership.

Now it's my turn! Can anyone tell me if it's possible to black out info on a pdf file, like my ameritrade statement, and save it that way so I can email the docs instead of faxing?

I'm a little nervous about faxing in a copy of my statement, unfortunately the way the ameritrade statement is set up, my name is only on the first page, but the proof of ownership is on the second page. So to have proof that the second page is from the same account they'll have to match up my account number on the second page to the first with my name on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news, Carnival is resuming dividends. Its Board of Directors voted to resume its quarterly dividend, which was suspended effective March 2009. The board declared a dividend of $0.10 per share and approved a record date of February 19, 2010, and a payment date of March 12, 2010.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1377572&highlight=

woohoo2.gif

I now own 100 shares of Carnival stock. We have 3 cruises booked, do I have to submit proof of ownership separately for each cruise? Is email a better way to submit it than faxing?

It really depends on how far apart the cruises are. Just to play it safe, I would fax or e-mail before each cruise so that there is no getting it wrong. We do it about one month out from our cruises. Love that OBC.

We have always faxed ours. The OBC has been posted to our documents as soon as 2 hours later. Longest was approx 48 hrs after faxing.

Where in your documents does it show your OBC? I am supposed to have some but can't see it anywhere. TIA.

Now it's my turn! Can anyone tell me if it's possible to black out info on a pdf file, like my ameritrade statement, and save it that way so I can email the docs instead of faxing?

You can and there are many ways. The quickest and dirtiest way would be for you to take a screen capture of the PDF (you can do this with the Snipping Tool in Vista or Windows 7, or in any Windows OS by pressing the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard), open up Microsoft Paint, paste the screen capture, then black out anything you want blacked out by drawing black boxes. Then you can save the file as an image, and attach it to an e-mail.

Clear as mud? Hahaha... this isn't the best way, but it is the easiest way to tell you without specifying other software that you would need but may not have.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought our 100 shares last month, and based on the information on this thread and others here on CC I downloaded my statement and scanned it, then emailed it to Liza on Wednesday for our upcoming 14 day cruise in May. I received a confirmation email yesterday and the OBC showed up online as well. We have another 14 day cruise booked - so $500 in OBC in a 12 month period beats pretty much any dividend I could get on that amount of stock - and it's not taxable :-)

I am a bit confused by the post above that said you could see it on "page 6 of the eDocs" - what eDocs? I can't find anything online that shows anything like that or that has anything showing payment amount or status. We booked through a TA. Am I missing something?

Do you have to own the shares when you cruise? Can I just buy some, fax the sheet, get the OBC, and then dump the shares?

We get statements 4 times a years (the usual quarters) and we have to resubmit our stock fairly close to the cruise. I just got notice that we have to provide a dated stock cert dated in March 2010 for our May 1 cruise. (We already send proof for our 10/4/09 cruise and they applied it to the May 1 cruise but we still had to resubmit closer to the cruise to get the OBC. We have a 9/26/10 cruise planned and they have the info but our PVP told us we will have to submit another cert closer to the sail date to prove we still own it)

Archived