Shareholder Benefit

punkybett

Do you have to own the shares when you cruise? Can I just buy some, fax the sheet, get the OBC, and then dump the shares?

I'm by no means a financial advisor but I don't think $100 would be worth the extra reporting on my taxes or the tax held on shares for a short period.

I'm by no means a financial advisor but I don't think $100 would be worth the extra reporting on my taxes or the tax held on shares for a short period.

Or the chance of losing money by not timing the buy and sell for breaking even with the commission paid to buy and sell.

Better to buy a future cruise cert which gives the same OBC to me.

You'd need to consult your financial advisor on whether owning the stock itself is a good purchase - outside of the OBC benefits you get. As an amateur, it appears to me that the stock price has remained about the same over the last 8 years (hovering between $28 - $32). Doesn't seem like you would have made any great gains by holding it. And you'd have to take a lot of cruises to "break even" with the OBC.

You'd need to consult your financial advisor on whether owning the stock itself is a good purchase - outside of the OBC benefits you get. As an amateur, it appears to me that the stock price has remained about the same over the last 8 years (hovering between $28 - $32). Doesn't seem like you would have made any great gains by holding it. And you'd have to take a lot of cruises to "break even" with the OBC.

Not the case, re share price.

I bought 50 shares last year because that's all the cash I had. I bought when it had dropped to around $28/share.

For once, having to wait actually worked for me. By the time I had the cash for the other 50 shares, it was down to about $16!

It's now back up to around $32. Unfortunately, they suspended the dividends just when I purchased.

Still, I have received OBC of $50, $100, $50 & $100.

That's a pretty good ROI, for now.

I wouldn't have purchased just for the OBC, but you have to figure that into your ROI. Of course, you have to actually spend money purchasing a cruise to get that OBC, but if you are going to cruise anyway, why not?

It has outperformed most of the other investments I had. I purchased it in a Roth IRA.

Yes, consult your financial advisor or accountant.

My financial advisor told me he would not reccommend it for that reason. There are virtually no dividends and the price doesn't fluctuate. So from an investment standpoint, not so good. My take is, so I put 3000 under the matteress,,it doesn't grow, it doesn't work for me,,but if I cruise I can get money back. But that doesn't play in a FP's world after they way the market has been racked over the last decade.

I LOVE my shareholder benefit!!! I use it all the time. I too see it on my Documents, almost immediately!!!

It's great to have an extra $100 on board!!!! Plus whatever else I've rec'd!!!!! :D

I've NEVER sent in multi cruise requests. I've always sent them in one at a time, about 30 days before I cruise. But it's good to know it works!!!

Do you think I'll get $250 where I'm sailling B2B 14 days in total?:D I'm going to fax on monday.

I booked a B2B and rec'd two seperate $100 credits... I sent them at the same time -- OH, I guess I did do a multi cruise request... :o

I even ASKED for the $250...

:confused:

I know someone is going to say this is a dumb question, but I really dont know the answer. How do you get proof of your shares of stock in Carnival? I mean, if I go on Ameritrade and buy some shares, do I get the proof from Ameritrade or do you have to go through a private personal investor accountant person?

:confused:

I know someone is going to say this is a dumb question, but I really dont know the answer. How do you get proof of your shares of stock in Carnival? I mean, if I go on Ameritrade and buy some shares, do I get the proof from Ameritrade or do you have to go through a private personal investor accountant person?

I know some dont want to do it this way, but the easiest way is to go online, download a pdf file of your last statement on your account and attach it to the email.

I dont know how to black out stuff, so I send the whole statement. Others black out certain info, like their ssn # and other stocks.

You can use a printout of your CCL postion in your account, or use your most recent statement.

CCL has been more volatile than mentioned in the above posts.

52.10--10/8/07, 14.85 --11/17/08, 31.74--12/31/09, 16.80--3/09/09.

So it's just about doubled since March of '09.

Your financial advisor has no idea whether or not CCL will go up or down. If he did, he wouldn't be working.

If the economy can continue to improve, that would be one major, positive sign for CCL.

I know some dont want to do it this way, but the easiest way is to go online, download a pdf file of your last statement on your account and attach it to the email.

I dont know how to black out stuff, so I send the whole statement. Others black out certain info, like their ssn # and other stocks.

fabulous! Thank you so much for the info!

We always fax the info in because we can block out the other info from the statement like other holdings, account numbers, etc.

One good thing about the OBC is that it is not taxable which is better than a dividend. We paid about $21 per share the end of 2001 and have taken about 16 cruises since then so we've gotten our money's worth.

Archived