Shareholder Benefit

punkybett

We get statements 4 times a years (the usual quarters) and we have to resubmit our stock fairly close to the cruise. I just got notice that we have to provide a dated stock cert dated in March 2010 for our May 1 cruise. (We already send proof for our 10/4/09 cruise and they applied it to the May 1 cruise but we still had to resubmit closer to the cruise to get the OBC. We have a 9/26/10 cruise planned and they have the info but our PVP told us we will have to submit another cert closer to the sail date to prove we still own it)

I just submitted my January statement for my May 24th cruise and the OBC was approved and posted.

We get statements 4 times a years (the usual quarters) and we have to resubmit our stock fairly close to the cruise. I just got notice that we have to provide a dated stock cert dated in March 2010 for our May 1 cruise. (We already send proof for our 10/4/09 cruise and they applied it to the May 1 cruise but we still had to resubmit closer to the cruise to get the OBC. We have a 9/26/10 cruise planned and they have the info but our PVP told us we will have to submit another cert closer to the sail date to prove we still own it)

Iv never had to resubmit. I have 700 shares on file and maybe they figure Im not selling it.

:confused:

I know someone is going to say this is a dumb question, but I really dont know the answer. How do you get proof of your shares of stock in Carnival? I mean, if I go on Ameritrade and buy some shares, do I get the proof from Ameritrade or do you have to go through a private personal investor accountant person?

I have TDAmeritrade and I printed out my recent purchase advice and faxed it to Carnival. :) I wrote my booking number and phone number on it too.

I just submitted my January statement for my May 24th cruise and the OBC was approved and posted.

Good evening,

As we are going for the first time on a Princess cruise, I would like to know whether I have to send proof of our Carnival shares to Princess Cruises or to Carnival. And what is their mail address?

We have only experience with Celebrity OBC and there, I could just send an email to to RCCL with proof of ownership.

Thank you very much for your help.

Good evening,

As we are going for the first time on a Princess cruise, I would like to know whether I have to send proof of our Carnival shares to Princess Cruises or to Carnival. And what is their mail address?

We have only experience with Celebrity OBC and there, I could just send an email to to RCCL with proof of ownership.

Send to: Princess Cruises

Yield Management

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clara CA 91355

Enjoy your cruise...:rolleyes:

Good evening,

I emailed a copy of my statement to Liza McDaniel here:

lmcdaniel@princesscruises.com

I bought my shares in May of 2009. Normally I buy 1,000 shares of anything I buy, but I was only thinking of OBC since I had two cruises booked. So I ended up taking three cruises, got $50 OBC on one, $100 on another then $100 on the last. So far up to $250 on an investment of $2,400. Not a bad investment. I was going to keep holding onto it, but now the share price is up to $37.00, so for a profit of $1,230 I think I am going to sell. Almost $1,500 profit in a little less than a year, great deal.. Of course Royal would be $6 in March of 2009 up to $30 this year. Sure wish I would have stuck to the !,000 share rule I have always used. Would have been good for a few cruises.:D

• 1 month later...
NO you will get money on each cruise sepertley

Shareholder On Board Credit is based on cabin type' date=' length of cruise booked, and is per cabin (not per shareholder in a cabin). If you have two booking numbers back to back, you would get an OBC for the first booking, and then another for the next booking. If you book a "BACK TO BACK" with only one booking, you will get only one credit.

[i']Eddie M[/i]

It is definately worth it to us....

each year we get at least a 10% return on our investment tax free.....

we are going to cruise anyway...so we might as well make a little tax free income while we do it....

the dividends were only suspended for one year....they are back now....

Shareholder On Board Credit is based on cabin type, length of cruise booked, and is per cabin (not per shareholder in a cabin). If you have two booking numbers back to back, you would get an OBC for the first booking, and then another for the next booking. If you book a "BACK TO BACK" with only one booking, you will get only one credit.

Eddie M

Im assuming you are still talking about Princess stock credit .. as Carnival is the same for all cabin types. Im getting confused who is talking about what cruiseline here.

Im assuming you are still talking about Princess stock credit .. as Carnival is the same for all cabin types. Im getting confused who is talking about what cruiseline here.

I was kinda wondering what they were talking about with the "back to back one booking" thing myself. I have never heard of such on Carnival....

You'd need to consult your financial advisor on whether owning the stock itself is a good purchase - outside of the OBC benefits you get. As an amateur, it appears to me that the stock price has remained about the same over the last 8 years (hovering between $28 - $32). Doesn't seem like you would have made any great gains by holding it. And you'd have to take a lot of cruises to "break even" with the OBC.

Carnival's stock has performed quite well over the past month. I bought 100 shares at 32 and it's now trading at 41. Go Carnival. :D

Carnival's stock has performed quite well over the past month. I bought 100 shares at 32 and it's now trading at 41. Go Carnival. :D

I'm a REALLY happer camper right now - I bought in about 18 months ago at $18.50. :D

Here's to CCLs continued success!!!

Shareholder On Board Credit is based on cabin type, length of cruise booked, and is per cabin (not per shareholder in a cabin). If you have two booking numbers back to back, you would get an OBC for the first booking, and then another for the next booking. If you book a "BACK TO BACK" with only one booking, you will get only one credit.

Eddie M

Well I booked two (back to back) 5 DAY cruises...

They can give me $50 for each, or $100 for (10 days) both... makes no never mind to me...

I am in from $26.00....Wish I had bought more.

Sorry about that... Actually, I was referring to Holland America. I forgot about the Carnival system...thanks for the reminder. Too many threads right now to keep straight. Beside comuters crashing (McAfee April 21 goof), I'm packing for our next adventure.

Happy Cruising!

Eddie M

Sorry about that... Actually, I was referring to Holland America. I forgot about the Carnival system...thanks for the reminder. Too many threads right now to keep straight. Beside comuters crashing (McAfee April 21 goof), I'm packing for our next adventure.

Happy Cruising!

Eddie M

Actually...thanks for reminding me about the other cruise lines in the Carnival Corp world give this. We are cruising Princess next year and honestly, I would not have thought to apply for the Stockholders OBC.

Glad :someone: is looking out for me... :D

Actually...thanks for reminding me about the other cruise lines in the Carnival Corp world give this. We are cruising Princess next year and honestly, I would not have thought to apply for the Stockholders OBC.

Glad :someone: is looking out for me... :D

Happy to look out for a Volunteer!

Eddie M

So, if the hubby and I each own CCL shares separately we cannot both get credit?? Thanks.

Unless you are booking more then one room, then put each of you in a different one. Then switch back once on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know .....if my husband & I own 200 shares in a joint trading account & we are booking a cruise with 2 cabins (Him in one with the two boys & me in one with my daughter) would we be entitled to OBC in each cabin - or would the shares have to be from two different accounts?

Archived