If I'm diamond...

JazzieB

...and I'm sharing a room with my Platinum mum, is she allowed to come in the Diamond Lounge with me on Liberty?

I did a search for this but came up with differing answers and couldn't find details on the RC website

Many thanks

...and I'm sharing a room with my Platinum mum, is she allowed to come in the Diamond Lounge with me on Liberty?

I did a search for this but came up with differing answers and couldn't find details on the RC website

Many thanks

It seems to vary by ship. I was on Sovereign three years ago with my mom. I was diamond and she was gold then. They wouldn't let her in the P/D party. No concierge lounge on that ship.

I was on Legend a couple of years ago with my hubby who was platinum then. He was allowed in the concierge lounge with me. The concierge never asked to see his sea pass card. We only had 1 key card for the lounge so we shared it.

I'll be travelling with my mom again next month but she's platinum this time. I don't know if they will allow her in the lounge with me for the nightly D/D+ event or not. If they won't, then I'll skip it unless Mom is doing something else. It's not a big deal to me.

I've seen reports of some people able to bring their cabin-guest into the lounge and others have posted that concieerge was checking sea passes and the guest was not allowed.

It seems to vary by ship. I was on Sovereign three years ago with my mom. I was diamond and she was gold then. They wouldn't let her in the P/D party. No concierge lounge on that ship.

I was on Legend a couple of years ago with my hubby who was platinum then. He was allowed in the concierge lounge with me. The concierge never asked to see his sea pass card. We only had 1 key card for the lounge so we shared it.

I'll be travelling with my mom again next month but she's platinum this time. I don't know if they will allow her in the lounge with me for the nightly D/D+ event or not. If they won't, then I'll skip it unless Mom is doing something else. It's not a big deal to me.

I've seen reports of some people able to bring their cabin-guest into the lounge and others have posted that concieerge was checking sea passes and the guest was not allowed.

Anyone living in the same house shares the level obtained of the highest family member.

So your husband should be diamond if you are (regardless of the number of cruise credits he, himself, has earned)...... As well as any children you may have who are living at home. :) And your mom for that matter - if she happens to live with you.....

Many thanks

Hi Karen

I remember some time ago you posted about your mum moving in with you and you mentioned about your mum being different C&A level than you and I tried to get a hold of you to say...if your mum moved in she would be same level as you. So if by chance your mum is now living with you...then contact C&A and she will be linked to your C&A account and become Diamond..same as you. I did check with C&A UK at that time and that was what they told me to tell you.:)

Anyone living in the same house shares the level obtained of the highest family member.

So your husband should be diamond if you are (regardless of the number of cruise credits he, himself, has earned)...... As well as any children you may have who are living at home. :) And your mom for that matter - if she happens to live with you.....

My husband is a diamond member now - he got enough credits after our last cruise (13-night in a JS) to change from platinum to diamond. I still have 6 (soon to be 7) more credits than him. I called C&A a few times since others have posted that their spouse/children/friend/etc in the same household had the same status but my husband's status was never changed to match mine. The last time I called I was told that RC was changing the rules so everyone had to earn their own status. I don't know if that has happened yet or not since hubby and I are both diamond now. I haven't checked my folk's account histories lately. My mom used to show as platinum and my dad as gold in their histories since mom & I have taken a couple cruises together and left the men at home.

My parents live in a different city from me.

Many thanks

I think that in light of all of the cut-backs, they will be pretty strict about not allowing "guests" into the Diamond Lounge.

Not exactly. Any MINOR CHILDREN living in the same household. I just had this confirmed by C&A about my now-over-21 daugher.

You each need to obtain your own status....Went through this when I moved out from my parents as well. As of now my mom & dad have different level due to mom & I cruising several times a yr and dad stays home to watch the pets.....They are in the same household yet when we travel with my brothers as a family, he still shows his lower status. Children I believe is the same as parents.

Not exactly. Any MINOR CHILDREN living in the same household. I just had this confirmed by C&A about my now-over-21 daugher.

Another change I guess. My younger DD was 22 and still in college, living at home when we became diamond. She was made diamond as well. And then her husband started with diamond after his first cruise because of DD. With this kind of growth of D and D+ you can see why changes would come I guess..... Sorry about giving outdated info. :o

My husband is a diamond member now - he got enough credits after our last cruise (13-night in a JS) to change from platinum to diamond. I still have 6 (soon to be 7) more credits than him. I called C&A a few times since others have posted that their spouse/children/friend/etc in the same household had the same status but my husband's status was never changed to match mine. The last time I called I was told that RC was changing the rules so everyone had to earn their own status. I don't know if that has happened yet or not since hubby and I are both diamond now. I haven't checked my folk's account histories lately. My mom used to show as platinum and my dad as gold in their histories since mom & I have taken a couple cruises together and left the men at home.

I was not aware of the changes in the program. Wonder when they changed the policies.....

I hope so! :D

I was not aware of the changes in the program. Wonder when they changed the policies.....
To be honest, I don't know if they changed the program rules or not. I can't tell from the website. I was given the information that they were going to make changes over a year ago. It seems like RC often mentions changes coming to their policies a long time before the changes actually go into affect. There were rumors of changes to the C&A benefits posted for several months before RC actually made the changes.

Since hubby and I have both reached diamond now, it doesn't really make a difference, especially with all the changes to the C&A benefits. I have another 2 or 3 cruises (depending on cruise length & stateroom type) to go before I switch to D+ status. When that happens, I'll be interested to see if they will let hubby move up also or if he stays as a diamond.

To be honest, I don't know if they changed the program rules or not. I can't tell from the website. I was given the information that they were going to make changes over a year ago. It seems like RC often mentions changes coming to their policies a long time before the changes actually go into affect. There were rumors of changes to the C&A benefits posted for several months before RC actually made the changes.

This month, December.

Based on recent problems (now solved) that my wife and I experienced I'd strongly suggest you email or write to C&A and ask them to put in writing what the policy actually is, and that they guarantee in writing what you will each receive. Mind you, you'll still find that the ship's management will do what it wants and may offer a better option.

We continue to be lovers of RCI and have never failed to enjoy a cruise, but one thing they are very good at is being consistently inconsistent with its policies implementation.

I called Crown and Anchor this week to ask aboutchanges and they said they knew of none. That person then put me on hold and asked his supervisor and the supervisor also said they don't know of any changes in the pipeline.

Having said that, with my experience with RCI, it could change tomorrow.

Hi Karen

I remember some time ago you posted about your mum moving in with you and you mentioned about your mum being different C&A level than you and I tried to get a hold of you to say...if your mum moved in she would be same level as you. So if by chance your mum is now living with you...then contact C&A and she will be linked to your C&A account and become Diamond..same as you. I did check with C&A UK at that time and that was what they told me to tell you.:)

Hi Liz,

Wow you have a good memory :D Mum hasn't moved in with us yet so I won't be able to link her at the moment.

I'm not worried about not being able to go in the lounge if she can't, only some posters said that the person travelling with you could accompany you, and others said they couldn't, I just wondered if there was a definitive answer

Thanks again

Hi Liz,

Wow you have a good memory :D Mum hasn't moved in with us yet so I won't be able to link her at the moment.

I'm not worried about not being able to go in the lounge if she can't, only some posters said that the person travelling with you could accompany you, and others said they couldn't, I just wondered if there was a definitive answer

Thanks again

I havent seen it in writing for RCCL about taking in cabinmate...only seen it for Celebrity.

Archived