mahogany bay new port pics?

acetray

I have been to roatan before but I had never gone to the new port. I would recomend leaving the port and exploring the island. It is a paridise on earth. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Parts of it are poor but that is to be expected in a 3rd world country. but the jungle and the hills are spectacular.

Thanks for the pics and info of the new port.:)

Did any of you take any excursions in Roatan?

Cyndee

On our cruise a couple of weeks ago, the weather was too bad to do an excursion (we had a zip line booked, but didn't go because of the weather). We had done an island tour to the iguana farm and shopping, which was nice. It's a beautiful island, you will enjoy your stop there (if the weather cooperates).

Mike

We enjoyed Roatan several years ago before the rebuilt port. It sure looks a lot different now!! The link that "christinelee" posted is quite good. Make sure you take a look. I think the "Magical Flying Beach Chairs to Mahogany Beach" look like a fun addition!! I had to "google" it to find out that it's like an elevated "ski-lift" that transports you from the cruise terminal area directly to the beach!

Thanks for posting the photos. It looks like we'll treat Roatan like another day at the beach. In looking at old postings in the Ports of Call area and at the excursions offered on the Cruise Personalizer, there wasn't anything that excited me more than a relaxing day at the beach.

Archived