Anyone stock up on medications while in Mexican ports?

Do you purchase "Medications" in Mexican Ports of Call?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Do you purchase "Medications" in Mexican Ports of Call?

• Yes
    • No

Not true. You need a prescription for narcotics even in Mexico.

You are very correct...not like it used to be...However most pharmacies will refer you to a Doctor close by who will write you a prescription after paying him for an office visit.....The meds you can get in Mexico & Canada etc. are very reliable... Per a person that really knows a lot about the drug manufacturers reliability world wide....

Really? I mean why wouldn't you?:eek: Mexico isn't corrupt so of course anything you get is perfectly fine right? :rolleyes: I would absolutely never ever buy prescription meds there. There's enough problem with drug resistance in this country without people bringing back meds that really haven't been prescribed by their regular doctor. It's no different that taking meds that have been prescribed for someone else. I know people who still think that antibiotics "cure" colds and take them all the time, hence resistance issues.

Really? I mean why wouldn't you?:eek: Mexico isn't corrupt so of course anything you get is perfectly fine right? :rolleyes: I would absolutely never ever buy prescription meds there. There's enough problem with drug resistance in this country without people bringing back meds that really haven't been prescribed by their regular doctor. It's no different that taking meds that have been prescribed for someone else. I know people who still think that antibiotics "cure" colds and take them all the time, hence resistance issues.

I have bought antibiotics and migraine meds in Mexico. They work and are cheaper than in the US. I'm not dead yet!:D

I have bought antibiotics and migraine meds in Mexico. They work and are cheaper than in the US. I'm not dead yet!:D

We bought some antibiotics at the Walmart in Puerto Vallarta. No different than what you get in the states. But much cheaper and no prescription needed.

I do. My mother has a standing order for 2 tubes of Retin A, every time we visit Mexico, St. Martin, or other ports. I have previously purchased antibiotics, but have not had occasion to take them. :)

We've bought meds in Mexico on 2 occasions....

Amoxicillin (without prescription) and Prilosec ( A fraction of the USA price... and worked perfectly!)

I've also bought meds in Egypt without any problems!

You aren't, but plenty of people are due to antibiotic resistant diseases that are on the rise. Do a little research and you might think twice about thinking only of yourself.

I'm amazed how many people have no clue about antibiotics and what happens when diseases become resistant. Wow, really? It's just selfish behavior. Not to mention self-prescribing is very dangerous. Have you ever seen a serious allergic reaction to an antibiotic?

Also...as a former person addicted to different drugs I am not advocating drug abuse or customs violations.

I do however think it's a good thought for folks who may need some medications and blew all their money for health care on a junior suite.

:)

lol

This is a cruise site, not a biology class, but as you asked "a girl" is another term used for a female. The word can also be used in phrases like "my girl" being and affectionate term that a male might use when referring to a female that could be either be his daughter or girlfriend. I think that most normal people would not find a need to question the use of such a term, but we can all learn something new each day.

Some might ask what is a Water Baby, as most babies are unable to use a computer to write such comments, or then again it could simply be a nick name or affectionalte term.

"Your girl" :confused::confused:

What is a "girl"? Your daughter?

We ran out of Lasix on a cruise - brought the bottle and got a refill. Also bought Contac - got a cold while on a ship.

Another time, we lost a bottle of insulin went into town and bought a bottle - only to come back to the room and find the original. Now of course we bring two bottles. Showed the bottled from Coz to the drug store here at home and he said it was the same.

With anything you just have to be careful.

My girl swears you can get neo percodan without a prescription in Mexico. I have some sitting in my medicine cabinet.

She swears you can get oxycodone (vicodin) too.

Vicodin is NOT oxycodone. Case in point why it is dangerous to self-medicate like this.

We live within 5 miles of the border during the winter months. There are approximately 150,000 senior citizens who reside here also. (Deep southeast Texas) Most go to Mexico and purchase prescription meds on a regular basis. We buy Amoxicilian, Zpak, and Omprazerole. We have been doing this for years without problem. I would not buy RX from street vendors, only pharmacias. Many seniors can no longer afford the cost of some prescriptions. Our doctors at home know we buy RX in Mexico and do not object.

Archived