Need info on hotels in Montreal

sue in florida

Last October we stayed for 2 nights at the Hotel Nelligan which we thought was great. It's a small "boutique-style" hotel in the older portion of town. They had a continental breakfast and a glass of wine and cheese in the evening. Our rooms were good sized as were the bathrooms. Very nice, wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. There were also 2 restaurants connected to the hotel.

Enjoy your trip.

On our cruise in October 2009 we stayed at the Marriott Springhill Suites in Old Montreal. Great location. Free breakfast. Great variety of local restaurants in Old Montreal and lots to see by walking. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk to/from the Port. We walked with our luggage to the ship the day we embarked.

Another vote for Hotel Nelligan. It is a very convenient, well located, comfortable hotel that does a good job for a fair price. We have gone by it any number of times and our 'particular' friends who are used to some world class hotels spent 3 nights there very comfortably. They said they would return! :)

I stayed at Auberge Bonaparte in 2006 after disembarking the Maasdam. I would suggest a taxi to the hotel, but it is a short trip.

This small hotel is in the old section of Montreal (narrow streets, shorter and historic buildings). We later took a Gray Line bus tour of the city and the guide told everyone to eat there. We had a good dinner (not spectacular, but good) and a very good full breakfast the next day.

The rooms were somewhat simple but clean and comfortable and roomy.

The staff was great.

It is a long walk to the newer "downtown" area. The old town area felt more French, the newer downtown felt more like any big city (but there were good things there also).

Here is a link to a review:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155032-d155208-Reviews-Auberge_Bonaparte-Montreal_Quebec.html

I have not been to Hotel Nelligan. Here is a review:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g155032-d263978-r52396777-Hotel_Nelligan-Montreal_Quebec.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

Few years back we stayed at the Hilton Bonadventure in downtown Montreal. I think there is a Hilton also at the airport by the way.

The Hilton Bonaventure is an incredible hotel. I stayed last September during a road trip and loved it, I've been to Montreal before and this is one hotel I WILL return to. We booked a rate with breakfast, and the food was excellent and the hotel has a nice atmosphere, very tranquil.

The Hilton Bonaventure is situated on top of a office building/convention centre called Place Bonaventure. The roof top grounds/gardens are incredible(see attached photo). There are several ponds, fountains, large trees, and it feels like another world when you are there. It also has one of the best hotel pools.

It's right downtown very close to the port and across the train station, the airport is a 20 minute cab ride away. Easy walking to almost of the downtown core.

1975969412_Bonaventuregardens.jpg.46c72b5711b223c70f4290d8ea88e4fb.jpg

We stayed at Le Saint-Sulpice a few years ago and were happy with our stay. Rooms are all suites with kitchenettes and very beautifully decorated. Its conveniently located in the Old Town not far from Notre Dame.

Years ago we stayed in The Sheraton but didn't like it. We really liked our stay at The Ritz and at Four Seasons :) but that's a treat you don't do very often. (DH got good rates. )

e st

If you feel like it, why not try to catch a great price and treat yourself ... these days, there are some bargains if you get lucky.

Montreal is a wonderful city with lots to do and if you add a great hotel, what a memorable stay and terrific way to start your vacation.

stayed at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in Sept. Excellent location, good prices, we walked everywhere.. highly recommend

We spent three pre cruise nights at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth and really enjoyed our stay. It is above the underground train and shopping mall.

We also highly recommend this hotel.

My parents stayed at the St. Sulpice in Old Town Montreal and loved it.

I've stayed at Auberge Bonaparte and thought is was good. Not luxury, but great location and quaint with good staff.

check travelzoo dot com for deals as well.

We also stayed at Auberge Bonaparte, a boutique hotel, and enjoyed its location in Vieux Montreal. The hotel is simply, but nicely, furnished with appreciation for the architecture, with exposed brick and wonderful old wood. There was a very large, deep tub in the bathroom and a most comfortable bed. We could watch horse-drawn carriages pass by from our tall windows. This old section of Montreal has so much character with great architecture, little shops, unique restaurants and bars. If you enjoy walking near the water, there are nice walkways and green space along the port nearby.

Archived