Norwegian Star Drydock?

TxnAquarian

• 1 month later...

Michael,

The Star is currently in Dry-dock in Victoria BC. Originally scheduled for October, it took the canceled Olympic Charter time and decided to use it for dry-dock. She's scheduled to sail again Mar 6 out of LA.

Does anyone know when Norwegian Star is due for another drydock?

Michael

Michael,

The Star is currently in Dry-dock in Victoria BC. Originally scheduled for October, it took the canceled Olympic Charter time and decided to use it for dry-dock. She's scheduled to sail again Mar 6 out of LA.

Sorry but you are both wrong. The Star is still berth at Pier 87 in Los Angeles as of 12:50 USWC time. I just confirmed that with the Marine Exchange in Los Angeles and there is currently no scheduled departure date. It has been reported the Star was due to arrive in Victoria on the 12th but that would be impossible now. The drydocking was to begin on the 15th so that's possible although they would have to really floor it to make it in anything less than three days.

The Norwegian Star will enter a two-week drydock during the time the ship was originally scheduled to be chartered for use during the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Norwegian Cruise Line said the ship will go into drydock in Victoria, British Columbia, on Feb. 14.

NCL said Wednesday that it was finalizing all the details of work to be done during the drydock, but said it would be a "significant refurbishment."

The line said the Star was scheduled to go into dry-dock in October of this year. NCL moved it ahead due to the circumstances with the charter.

NCL was notified on Feb. 2 that Newwest Special Projects canceled a 28-day charter of the ship. The Norwegian Star was scheduled to be in Vancouver for use as lodging during the Olympics.

The cancellation included a four-day sailing from Los Angeles to Vancouver on Feb. 6 and a four-day return cruise on March 2.

Edmonton, Alb.-based Newwest cited poor sales as its reason for the cancellation.

NCL said last week it was "exploring options" for what to do with the Norwegian Star during the time it was to have been chartered.

The ship will resume service with its next regularly scheduled cruise on March 6, a seven-day Mexican Riviera cruise from Los Angeles.

After canceled Olympic charter, NCL ship headed for drydock

By: Johanna JainchillFebruary 10, 2010

The Norwegian Star will enter a two-week drydock during the time the ship was originally scheduled to be chartered for use during the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Norwegian Cruise Line said the ship will go into drydock in Victoria, British Columbia, on Feb. 14.

NCL said Wednesday that it was finalizing all the details of work to be done during the drydock, but said it would be a "significant refurbishment."

The line said the Star was scheduled to go into dry-dock in October of this year. NCL moved it ahead due to the circumstances with the charter.

NCL was notified on Feb. 2 that Newwest Special Projects canceled a 28-day charter of the ship. The Norwegian Star was scheduled to be in Vancouver for use as lodging during the Olympics.

The cancellation included a four-day sailing from Los Angeles to Vancouver on Feb. 6 and a four-day return cruise on March 2.

Edmonton, Alb.-based Newwest cited poor sales as its reason for the cancellation.

NCL said last week it was "exploring options" for what to do with the Norwegian Star during the time it was to have been chartered.

The ship will resume service with its next regularly scheduled cruise on March 6, a seven-day Mexican Riviera cruise from Los Angeles.

After canceled Olympic charter, NCL ship headed for drydock

By: Johanna JainchillFebruary 10, 2010

I hope this stops all the threads about this dry dock thing, the Star will be back in LA March 6 2010 that's good enough for me. But it still needs to leave so it can come back.

I hope this stops all the threads about this dry dock thing, the Star will be back in LA March 6 2010 that's good enough for me. But it still needs to leave so it can come back.

Ok....if the thread bothers you...don't "go there!" :rolleyes: I was interested to see what will be accomplished and it seems that that is still unfolding. I was happy to hear Soho is still going to be there...some people might not agree, of course! It's still an interesting thread.

By the look of the webcam, she's on the move.

Anyone know how long it will take to get to Victoria? Will it be late tomorrow or Saturday?

J9

Supposed to get there sometime Friday for her facelift and "tummytuck":D:D:D Since it a non-stop trip, it should be easy to calculate the time at about 24 or 25 MPH. I don't know the mileage to Victoria from San Pedro, and am not sure what time the Star left.

Ok....if the thread bothers you...don't "go there!" :rolleyes: I was interested to see what will be accomplished and it seems that that is still unfolding. I was happy to hear Soho is still going to be there...some people might not agree, of course! It's still an interesting thread.

There are always a few people who will respond like this and i'm sure in your 2000+ posts you have never made a comment like this, stick with the subject and stop the attacks on posters who have seen the same thread show up five or six times.

According to distances.com it is 1081 Nautical miles from LA to Victoria. At 20-21 knots, the same site reports a travel time of 2 days, 3-6 hours.

At 25 knots, 1 day, 19 hours. At 18 knots, 2 days, 12 hours.

The best I can do for when she left is after last report on sailwx.info, which was 2/10 at 9:03am San Pedro time.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=C6FR3

If it really matters...and if it doesn't....the Star left last night just before 10PM PST.

Matters to me as I am very interested in this story. As you can see I am cruising to Alaska in May on the Star and feel fortunate that the ship will have recently completed a refurbishment.

There are always a few people who will respond like this and i'm sure in your 2000+ posts you have never made a comment like this, stick with the subject and stop the attacks on posters who have seen the same thread show up five or six times.

What was the purpose of your post ? If the fact that some of us are very interested in the Star bothers you, there are hundreds of other subjects discussed on this board. I feel certain you can find ONE that interests you.

I hope this stops all the threads about this dry dock thing, the Star will be back in LA March 6 2010 that's good enough for me.

Many like to know when, where, and what will be done with a dry dock. Even if you don't, that's not really a reason to be negative toward those who do

Archived