The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Preston,

Thanks for all your service and assistance and pointing out the errors in my posts. Will miss the old thread, but agree it's time to retire it.

Shirley, they should make a "sticky" of you information post above. It has everything. Nice work!!:)

I do have a question. BIL and SIL used CBS to get from the airport and return. They liked it, but the guy made a lot of stops. We were driving passed the airport exit on the Turnpike (which I didn't make as the exit we were suppose to take to 528 for god knows what reason) when they were getting into the shuttle. We drove down past Kissemee befor eI realized we were going the wrong way and we turned around. We still beat them to the CI&S by 15 minutes. On the CI&S shuttle back to our car after the cruise, Cindy, one of the drivers, remarked that the Travelink shuttle was their favorite to get ot the airport.

Has anyone here used Travellink? Opinions?

Thanks and cheers to the brand new thread.

Crew

Preston,

Thanks for all your service and assistance and pointing out the errors in my posts. Will miss the old thread, but agree it's time to retire it.

Shirley, they should make a "sticky" of you information post above. It has everything. Nice work!!:)

I do have a question. BIL and SIL used CBS to get from the airport and return. They liked it, but the guy made a lot of stops. We were driving passed the airport exit on the Turnpike (which I didn't make as the exit we were suppose to take to 528 for god knows what reason) when they were getting into the shuttle. We drove down past Kissemee befor eI realized we were going the wrong way and we turned around. We still beat them to the CI&S by 15 minutes. On the CI&S shuttle back to our car after the cruise, Cindy, one of the drivers, remarked that the Travelink shuttle was their favorite to get ot the airport.

Has anyone here used Travellink? Opinions?

Thanks and cheers to the brand new thread.

Crew

Travelynx is the key shuttle for all the crew members from the port and also most of the hotels use them also they have been around for a long time. Most of the shuttles here are pretty reliable - go with your gut instint :-)) Make sure you tell most of shuttles services such as Beachbound, travelynx etc that you are off this board for your 10% off

Good luck and yes I do miss Preston for he is very knowledgeable and love his humor

I meant to add that you can go to the old thread and search for comments on different shuttle services to see which stands up to the test or search for shuttle services or even a particular one and it will give you more insight - the folks here really give their experience, good, bad and indifferent.

Good luck

Edited by snelsonbrown

Shirley, mine is an unusual question, we will be staying at the Best Western Cocoa Beach for 2 nights before our cruise in Oct, is there a public service transport system I can use to take me to the nearest Walmarkt store from this hotel and also to take us to the dinassau store, I know that there is a Publix store near the hotel but they do not stock the tea I like but walmarkt does stock it. I always try to buy a good supply when I travel to America as this tea is not available in the UK. Please no-one tell me it is easier to hire a car to get around as my husband refuses to drive when on holidayso always use local transport systems wherever we go.

Jewel

I skimmed through all the material previously compiled on Port Canaveral but I wasn't able to find any info on kayak tours. I've read great reviews about Fin Expedition and also looking into Adventure Kayaks. Both are about $30. Any comments or suggestions?

Also, if we take a cab from the Port to Cocoa, will it be easy to catch a cab back to port or should we call in advance to arrange for one?

Thanks so much!

I used Budget getting in last week and Hertz getting out. Both were fairly quick and effecient. Budget did have the regular size shutle bus which was easier in and out and held more people comfortably. Hertz had two big vans caravaning together and we had to wait about a half hour for them to arrive at the pier.

I used Budget getting in last week and Hertz getting out. Both were fairly quick and effecient. Budget did have the regular size shutle bus which was easier in and out and held more people comfortably. Hertz had two big vans caravaning together and we had to wait about a half hour for them to arrive at the pier.

I just wanted to take the time to sincerely thank you for your input - it really helps folks in trying to made decisions and also cuts time getting upset or irrated with not finding right answers

If folks would give their inputs on one thread then folks, I feel would like its a "safe zone"

Thanks again

Shirley, mine is an unusual question, we will be staying at the Best Western Cocoa Beach for 2 nights before our cruise in Oct, is there a public service transport system I can use to take me to the nearest Walmarkt store from this hotel and also to take us to the dinassau store, I know that there is a Publix store near the hotel but they do not stock the tea I like but walmarkt does stock it. I always try to buy a good supply when I travel to America as this tea is not available in the UK. Please no-one tell me it is easier to hire a car to get around as my husband refuses to drive when on holidayso always use local transport systems wherever we go.

Jewel

Good morning Jewel,

First an early "welcome to the USA" for when you do get here in October - BW is so close to everything which will make it very nice for you - here is the link for the local transport system - now you will have to play with it by using Walmart's and Best Western address to find the best route - this transportation only runs on Atlantic Avenue, but they do have other stops - you can email them and the link shows the contact information

Best of luck

http://routefinder.ridescat.com/maps/customerinfo.php#

This link is in the information section of the first page - folks really have to sit down and read the whole information site and make notes for it really answers so many questions folks may have. It took a very long time to compile all that information for it was started by someone else and I took and kept adding to it until it became what it did - now I can not go back to edit any changes here in Brevard County so what I will do is UPDATES so that each and all will be well informed as to what is going on

Edited by snelsonbrown

01/26/2010 UPDATE:

Be aware that traffic lights will be having cameras installed to catch anyone that runs a red light - the fine will begin at $125.00 and will keep rising each time you are "smiling you are on candid camera" also if you are NOT wearing your seatbelt, the first time is $126.00 soooooooooooo take warning OK?

Thanks for the link Shirley I have done a quick check and think I have found a route to the nearest store We stayed at the Best western last year lucked out and caught the Air show weekend. Very pleased with Hotel so will use it again this year.

Jewel

I just wanted to take the time to sincerely thank you for your input - it really helps folks in trying to made decisions and also cuts time getting upset or irrated with not finding right answers

If folks would give their inputs on one thread then folks, I feel would like its a "safe zone"

Thanks again

No, thank you two for keeping the old thread alive. Is the Lone Cabbage still open? I would recommend that place for anybody with a rental car and time to kill before a flight out.

No, thank you two for keeping the old thread alive. Is the Lone Cabbage still open? I would recommend that place for anybody with a rental car and time to kill before a flight out.

Yes it is still open and yep lots of gators out there to see - it really is an interesting place to visit and have lunch at - it is out in the wilderness for sure

How far is the Lone cabbage from Cocoa Beasch ?[/quote

Every bit of information you need is on the first page - take time to read and check out the links - here is the information you need

http://www.twisterairboatrides.com/cabbage.htm

scroll all the way to the bottom and click on "back"

Edited by snelsonbrown

Thanks for the link Shirley I have done a quick check and think I have found a route to the nearest store We stayed at the Best western last year lucked out and caught the Air show weekend. Very pleased with Hotel so will use it again this year.

Jewel

Very good to know. We have the Best Western booked for two nights precruise next month, and I’ve found spotty info at best. Thanks for helping set my mind at ease!

What is the easiest and best way to get to orlando airport. Returning off the freedom March 14th, We are a family of four adults.

We booked Cocoa Beach Shuttle for ~$70 one way back to the airport for four next month. We've also rented a minivan from Budget one way for about that, but you probably won't do that well with a rental this close-we booked about a year out for that rate.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle comes well recommended by many on this board, and will give you 10% off if you mention Cruise Critic (thanks to Shirley!) I'm sure others who have actually used them can chime in with experiences.

What is the easiest and best way to get to orlando airport. Returning off the freedom March 14th, We are a family of four adults.

Best way, less expensive way - rent a car - you can catch a shuttle at the port and they will take your right to the car rental places of your choice.

I just checked their web site $45 / pp plus tip. Even with 10% discount it will be about $160 for four people plus tip. That seems high. Van to fit four people plus luggage is almost $200.

There are other shuttle services you can search for that may better fit your wallet - renting a car is still cheaper and its a straight shot to the airport from here

First I have to admit that I am not going on a cruise. I went on one last year and can't wait to go again, but this year will not do.

Every year, my girl friends and I go on a trip. This year's destination is to Orlando/the beach. We really just want to go to Universal and some of the other Orlando attractions. We plan on being there from July 20-26. We would like to rent a vacation home in Orlando for the week and then drive to a beach and spend Friday and Sat night in a hotel there.

I was thinking Cocoa, because I am from Orlando and am familiar with that beach, all the other girls are from Missouri. Anyway my reason for posting is we are looking for the best hotel to stay in that is ON the beach.

Also, they would like it to be within walking distance of fun stuff to do. So I was thinking somewhere near the pier. Any ideas?

I just checked their web site $45 / pp plus tip. Even with 10% discount it will be about $160 for four people plus tip. That seems high. Van to fit four people plus luggage is almost $200.

Are you sure it's per person? I found their site to be somewhat confusing. We are renting a van to get TO the port but are thinking of using a shuttle to get back to airport after cruise as it seems like a lot less hassle. Have you checked out travelynx?

We decided( since there were 4 adults) to look for another option instead of waiting on a shuttle to fill up & because our flight home was changed to 12:25 instead of 1:30.

A quote from Cocoa Beach Shuttle for a private car for 4 was 85.50 + 17.10 for tip to be 102.60.

Another quote from Florida Town Car was 100.00 flat fee. I talked to a man named J.C. and he was very professional explaining everything to me about pickup, times, etc. That comes out to 25.00 pp since there are 4 in your party.

Good Luck Carbon, hope you find something that works out for you!

Oh, I never mentioned CC to Florida Town Car so maybe they would even give a discount....I better call and ask!!