The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone used the Avis Promo Code AWD C031529 recently? Its on a thread linked from this thread about Car Rental discounts. I was able to get some amazing rates from it, I'm just concerned that I will be asked for a coupon or something when I go to pick up my car - the thread where i found the code is from 2007!!

Any experience using this would be appreciated!

I just got some great rates through Avis using AWD C013529 (thats a zero not an o). I've read on some boards that this code doesn't work anymore but it worked fine for me - I will find out for sure though on Feb. 13 and 20 when I pick up my rentals. I'll let you know how it goes!

UPDATE 02/04/2010

I had gone and done some checking and it seems as though the car rentals employees have really been put through a grinding machine so I wanted to take this time to explain something and also give you some information that can help when renting a car.

I had to go to Budget to rent a car to find out they were totally out of cars as well as the other rentals. I spoke to the management Pat and found out that the problem is that the main reservation keeps renting cars, but do not get the cars here until very late the day before all the cars are needed and they come in not cleaned, fueled up etc which has to be done most of the night before - there have been times that all the rental cars places here are overbooked and then everyone is scurry around to fill all the needs for their customers. Customers have been extremely upset and unfortunaltely have gotten angry enough that some raised their hands to the employees. Anyhow this is what I found out to guarantee that your car is there and ready when you are.

I was told that if you book on line directly, you still get a good deal and you do not have to wait around for a car (I finally got mine).

For Budget you go to http://www.budget.com - I am trying to get the rest of the information for all the rental cars to make it easier on everyone including yourselves. I will need sometime to get it all. NOW REMEMBER I DO NOT and I MEAN DO NOT recommend one over the other - the choices are yours to make OK?

Until next time

We will have a group of six with quite a bit of luggage I'm guessing. Should we all trek to the rental car return together and shuttle to the port or should one of us drop everyone and luggage at the port first and return rental himself? Just wondering how the drop off at PC is and if this would be the most efficient way? Thanks!

Shirley, are you talking about the rental places in Orlando or Cape Canaveral?

We rented ours when we come into the Orlando airport for 2 days before our cruise. We did our reservation online.

I am talking about if you want to rent a car out of Cape Canaveral at least this is what I understood from Pat. She explained to me that by renting on line for Cape Canaveral, it shows up on their list here and she then has a better judgement as to the cars needed since they have more cars leave than stay.

All of the rental companies here work hand in hand, but it appears they are always on high stress level to meet the demands and then you have such fusterated customers that really are falling hard on the employees and use very threating words, body and hand gestures that sometimes concerns the workers - I know it must be very fusterating to think you have a car, come in to pick it up and there is nothing.

Norm had an awful time last night in Miami airport trying to get a car that he had rented through the main office - first they told him his car wasn't ready, then there was one - went to go get it and no car to be found, then another car was found, but the keys lost so over an hour later he was on the road coming home - he was saying the guest were cussing, making hand gestures etc at the employees, but it was noone's fault except those that kept overbooking.

Anyhow maybe this weekend, I can just check out so I can give all an insight as to what is going on so that we know which is the best way to go and everyone be able to stay calm, cool and collected and not ruin a fun time -

Shirley I am trying to understand this info. So if you book online with the car rental place, you would be guaranteed a car? This is how I booked my car for June. What I don't understand is how are people booking that is causing such chaos with the rental companies. How do you book without going through the car rental? I want to make sure I have the car I reserved. I am just confused and wanted to make sure I do everything I can to guarantee my car will be available to get back to the airport. Thanks for your help

Shirley I am trying to understand this info. So if you book online with the car rental place, you would be guaranteed a car? This is how I booked my car for June. What I don't understand is how are people booking that is causing such chaos with the rental companies. How do you book without going through the car rental? I want to make sure I have the car I reserved. I am just confused and wanted to make sure I do everything I can to guarantee my car will be available to get back to the airport. Thanks for your help

I had to go and vertify what I had been told and I had written for I was as confused as anyone.

Now I was told that if you book and do not receive a confirmation number, this will not guarantee that you have a solid reservation and have to wait for a car to be ready. If you place a reservation through the website you do have get a confirmation number and yes if you have a special code it will give the discount and yes it does guarantee that your car will be waiting for you. To me it all can be scary since Norm did reserve his on line with another car rental and didn't get his confirmation number and he had to wait in Miami to not only get a car, but one that worked - he also found out that better rates are received in bigger cities than he got here - I am sure you will just be fine especially if you have your confirmation number which appears to be the secret to everything.

If I find out anything else, will let you know since I am trying to find a way to calm all the angry that is happening at the rental places - if anyone has any input, please share

Thanks

I had to go and vertify what I had been told and I had written for I was as confused as anyone.

Now I was told that if you book and do not receive a confirmation number, this will not guarantee that you have a solid reservation and have to wait for a car to be ready. If you place a reservation through the website you do have get a confirmation number and yes if you have a special code it will give the discount and yes it does guarantee that your car will be waiting for you. To me it all can be scary since Norm did reserve his on line with another car rental and didn't get his confirmation number and he had to wait in Miami to not only get a car, but one that worked - he also found out that better rates are received in bigger cities than he got here - I am sure you will just be fine especially if you have your confirmation number which appears to be the secret to everything.

If I find out anything else, will let you know since I am trying to find a way to calm all the angry that is happening at the rental places - if anyone has any input, please share

Thanks

Shirley -

I am in PC next week for the Freedom. I have been reading the board since day one of the original post.

First thank you (and Preston) for all you have done for so many travelers.

I certainly know to put helium on my lead foot.

I am planning to go to IHOP for Sunday. What I want to know is Libby still there before I go in looking like a fool by asking for someone who has been gone for a year.

Thanks again

Shirley -

I am in PC next week for the Freedom. I have been reading the board since day one of the original post.

First thank you (and Preston) for all you have done for so many travelers.

I certainly know to put helium on my lead foot.

I am planning to go to IHOP for Sunday. What I want to know is Libby still there before I go in looking like a fool by asking for someone who has been gone for a year.

Thanks again

Yes she is still there and still the owner.

Hi all,

Going to be staying in Cocoa Beach pre-cruise on March 13th before boarding the Freedom on the 14th. Booked with Hampton Inn on their Fly, Snooze and Cruise package. Just wondering if anyone can recommend some great places to dine that are within walking distance from the Hampton.

Beth

1940766588_DisneyLandSea090.jpg.ac7793b0ce873f185b36220b0392a89c.jpg

Hi all,

Going to be staying in Cocoa Beach pre-cruise on March 13th before boarding the Freedom on the 14th. Booked with Hampton Inn on their Fly, Snooze and Cruise package. Just wondering if anyone can recommend some great places to dine that are within walking distance from the Hampton.

Beth

[ATTACH]145655[/ATTACH]

just about everything is within walking staying where you are or a just short cab ride. It depends if you can walk quite a bit -

Look on the first page of all the restaurants and their addresses and it will give you pretty much a good idea.

Edited by snelsonbrown

Don't know if this will help anyone, but we have a rental with Avis from Orlando to drop off 2 days later at the port in Cocoa Beach location.

I just got an email from them with a new worldwide code. It is a plan ahead rate. I already had a reservation with a great price, but this actually took another 15.00 off.

CODE: B492600 (Said it was good at most airport locations.) It is good through April.

Hope this helps someone!!

Don't know if this will help anyone, but we have a rental with Avis from Orlando to drop off 2 days later at the port in Cocoa Beach location.

I just got an email from them with a new worldwide code. It is a plan ahead rate. I already had a reservation with a great price, but this actually took another 15.00 off.

CODE: B492600 (Said it was good at most airport locations.) It is good through April.

Hope this helps someone!!

Thanks so much for sharing - this is what I was saying about the different car rentals here earlier and please make sure you do have an confirmation number ok?

Love this about the folks that visit this site and leave something interesting and helpful behind/

Just me

No thank you Shirley, we can't thank you enough for all the info you give here!! It has been a long time since we have cruised from Port Canaveral and this thread (and the old one) have helped so much in our plans!:)

Thank you again!!

I really believe if someone would leave some info behind and just mark it update - it really would benefit so many folks coming here - what we are trying to do is make it as easy as possible for folks to find all the answers they need without having to repeat stuff so much.

I know "stuff" changes and has to be updated, but at least noone has to chase everywhere to go looking for answers.

Good luck and again thanks to all of those that makes Preston's thread still very appreciated

We will have a group of six with quite a bit of luggage I'm guessing. Should we all trek to the rental car return together and shuttle to the port or should one of us drop everyone and luggage at the port first and return rental himself? Just wondering how the drop off at PC is and if this would be the most efficient way? Thanks!

My suggestion would be to drop everyone and the luggage off at the port first. I did this with only 2 people and luggage. I had to wait about 20 min to drop off the car, so it was easier for just 1 of us to be there.