early flight out of Orlando day of disembarkation

CHENELLEH

Our flight leaves at 10:45am the day we get back, off of the Carnival Dream. We thought we would get a private car to make sure we make it in time. Will we make it in time? When we made res. we didn't know MCO was so far from port.

IMO very doubtful. Security at MCO can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to clear. This means that for a 10:45 flight the latest you should be at the airport to allow time for checking in, clearing security, and riding the tram to your terminal is 9:15. It is about 45 minutes to MCO from Port Canaveral. Allowing 30 minutes to get off the ship, collect luggage, clear customs, and get your car , means you have to be off allowed the ship by 8:00. That is not likely to happen.

Your chance of making a 10:45 flight from MCO is less than 33%.

Our flight leaves at 10:45am the day we get back, off of the Carnival Dream. We thought we would get a private car to make sure we make it in time. Will we make it in time? When we made res. we didn't know MCO was so far from port.

When is your cruise? What airline are the flights on? Depending on the answers to these questions you may have options to change those flights without paying.

When is your cruise? What airline are the flights on? Depending on the answers to these questions you may have options to change those flights without paying.

Like to know what airline you are speaking of regarding not paying. Possibly SWAir ? Even if so, flight costs could have increased since they originally booked, but maybe not and end result would have been no additional fee's !

You are definitely cutting it close but it can be done. We had an 11:15am flight out of MCO due to Delta cancelling and consolidating flights. We made sure we told the cruiseline we had a very early and got an early color off the ship. We also did as you suggested, we had a private towncar waiting for us. We had asked for an 8am pickup but our driver showed up just after 7:30 as we were getting our luggage. We were on the road before 8 and checked in for our flight by 9. The security line was huge but we were through in half an hour and made our flight with tons of time to spare.

We would have preferred our originally scheduled 1:30pm flight but given the choice of the 11:15am or 7:30pm which were our new options, I would pick the earlier flight again.

Just do your homework. We had a list of the available flights for the rest of the day with us. We had all the phone numbers we needed for airlines, hotels, etc just in case we couldn't get out that day. We also had my husband's medallion status with Delta and 1K status with United on our side.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.:)

You are definitely cutting it close but it can be done. We had an 11:15am flight out of MCO due to Delta cancelling and consolidating flights. We made sure we told the cruiseline we had a very early and got an early color off the ship. We also did as you suggested, we had a private towncar waiting for us. We had asked for an 8am pickup but our driver showed up just after 7:30 as we were getting our luggage. We were on the road before 8 and checked in for our flight by 9. The security line was huge but we were through in half an hour and made our flight with tons of time to spare.

We would have preferred our originally scheduled 1:30pm flight but given the choice of the 11:15am or 7:30pm which were our new options, I would pick the earlier flight again.

Just do your homework. We had a list of the available flights for the rest of the day with us. We had all the phone numbers we needed for airlines, hotels, etc just in case we couldn't get out that day. We also had my husband's medallion status with Delta and 1K status with United on our side.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.:)

We also have a very early flight. Can you tell me what private towncar service you used? We're debating between that or Cocoa Beach Shuttle - - whichever can get us picked up at the port & to MCO quickest.

We also have a very early flight. Can you tell me what private towncar service you used? We're debating between that or Cocoa Beach Shuttle - - whichever can get us picked up at the port & to MCO quickest.

Well, that is a whole other story.:rolleyes: We had a car reserved with a company that was sold, then bought back by the original owner, sold again and then closed by the courts then was reopening around the time we were sailing. We ended up with a company that was taking their reservations in the interim, that had our reservation backwards (from airport to port as opposed port to airport) when I called to confirm. After a long conversation with the owner, I kept the reservation. Well, he sub-contracted out to a different limo company who I have since read merged with another company.

So, long story short, I don't know what name they are working under these days so I really can't help. We didn't use Cocoa Beach Shuttle because they wouldn't call back, answer any emails and were snarky on the phone when we did speak to someone. I have seen both good and bad reviews for them here. If you do use them, I would suggest a private shuttle or car so you can hit the road right away.

No worrys mon it won't help. Get the best transportation you can. Tell the folks on the ship theyve heard it a million and one times anyway. Carry off your luggage if possible and your sittin pretty.

Enjoy a great cruise

Archived