Inserting photos into a thead

MTJSR

I plan to to a "live from" thread on my upcoming Golden Hawaii cruise. I want to take photos along the way and insert them into the "body" of the thread, not attach em as a thumbnail. How is this done? I could not get an answer to this in the General Questions section. Thanks

I plan to to a "live from" thread on my upcoming Golden Hawaii cruise. I want to take photos along the way and insert them into the "body" of the thread, not attach em as a thumbnail. How is this done? I could not get an answer to this in the General Questions section. Thanks

Very easy, you will need to sign up with free online photo sharing site like Photo Bucket or Web Shots. You then upload your pics from your computer to the site and simply copy from the site & paste in your post.

Ron :)

When you compose your post there is a small icon at the top of the form that allows you to insert an image. It's a little mountain with the sun.

Thanks for your help......when I do that, it asks for the photo's URL and the picture will be on my computer, not a web site. How do you upload from your internal photo directory. As far as photo size, I will be taking pictures with my iPhone and inserting into the live from posts.

Personally, I would prefer a thumbnail. If I want to see the picture, I can click on it. That way I am not paging thru pictures I am not interested in.

I agree with Paul. No need for huge pictures in the body of the post. A thumbnail does very nicely.

Mike:)

Thanks for your help......when I do that, it asks for the photo's URL and the picture will be on my computer, not a web site. How do you upload from your internal photo directory. As far as photo size, I will be taking pictures with my iPhone and inserting into the live from posts.

Go to the bottom of your post before you post it, just under the message box and under submit reply/review posts.

There is a grey box there that says "manage attachments". You can click on that and upload to the bottom of your post without the picture being on a URL. It will give you a choice to upload from your computer files or a URL there. ;)

Go to the bottom of your post before you post it, just under the message box and under submit reply/review posts.

There is a grey box there that says "manage attachments". You can click on that and upload to the bottom of your post without the picture being on a URL. It will give you a choice to upload from your computer files or a URL there. ;)

Correct me if I am wrong but files uploaded from your computer will only upload as thumbnails for larger pics in the main body of your post they need to be uploaded from a URL or copied & pasted from an Internet site.

I too found that uploading from a computer only allowed a thumbnail. My plan, though some of you prefer thumbnails instead...is to have a "Live From" in Pictures more than a play by play written out. Others have done that very well, but few if any have offered photos of day to day events etc.

Correct me if I am wrong but files uploaded from your computer will only upload as thumbnails for larger pics in the main body of your post they need to be uploaded from a URL or copied & pasted from an Internet site.

You are correct, uploading files will only give you a thumbnail. But posting full sized pictures, they have to be downloaded to the internet first, and I didn't think that is what the OP was looking to do for their live from. There is no simple and easy way to post a regular picture without taking the time to download them first. ;)

You can use the Attachments icon (little paperclip) to use a picture on your computer. They will be thumbnail sized. Then you won't have to be online to upload your pictures to an internet site first.

P1000996.JPG

See if this works....the URL copied in from Picasa album...I suspect this is how the OP wants to see his pics?

Exactly what I was looking for! I remember COLO CRUISERS Alaska pictures and how dramatic they were. I like this better than a small grainy thumbnail. I know........I just set off a firestorm from the folks who prefer only thumbnails, but even they have to admit. Better color, better clarity and more enjoyable to look at. And so I don't get the photo police after me I am not posting a lot just a couple each post.

Clicking on the thumbnails will enlarge them, but not usually as large as you might want them to be viewed.

test that didn't work... sigh...

I normally copy and paste an image from my Flickr pages to CC. But it only works in Internet Explorer and not Firefox or Chrome... don't know why that's so...

Oh and I'm in the "post the full size image" camp. The thumbnails are too small and hey, I have enough bandwidth to deal with it... :p

Exactly what I was looking for! I remember COLO CRUISERS Alaska pictures and how dramatic they were. I like this better than a small grainy thumbnail. I know........I just set off a firestorm from the folks who prefer only thumbnails, but even they have to admit. Better color, better clarity and more enjoyable to look at. And so I don't get the photo police after me I am not posting a lot just a couple each post.

Oh and I'm in the "post the full size image" camp.

Another vote for the full size pics. Looking forward to your Live with pics. When is your Hawaiian cruise? So we know when to look for it.:p:D

When is your Hawaiian cruise? So we know when to look for it.:p:D
We are leaving Feb 28th. I thought it would be fun to see the things you don't normally view on here like the sailaway party, seafood buffett (if any) princess idol, trivia, deck bands, flower lei making, pool games etc. Not to mention sea shots, wave conditions and the kind of deck life while out to see. People getting ready to go have visions of what it may be like out there, but nothing confirming it.

I uploaded all of my photos to photobucket.com and set my prefs to medium sized photos. I wrote my narrative in Word, then went into photobucket to copy and paste the image code back into the Word doc. Then paste the whole thing into CC

You can only include 6 pics per post so you have to segment it.

My Christmas 09 trip report on the Island Princess is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1112431&highlight=

We are leaving Feb 28th. I thought it would be fun to see the things you don't normally view on here like the sailaway party, seafood buffett (if any) princess idol, trivia, deck bands, flower lei making, pool games etc. Not to mention sea shots, wave conditions and the kind of deck life while out to see. People getting ready to go have visions of what it may be like out there, but nothing confirming it.

Great idea! Always love Lives so am really looking forward to yours!:D

Archived