Dumb question

elycelynne

I have a dumb question regarding the VA aft cabins on Vista- and Signature-class ships.

When you're on your balcony can you see anything other than wake, or do the balcony dividers cut off your view of anything else on either side? (Told ya it was dumb!)

You can see some if you are at the railing and lean out but really not much. There wasn't much to see anyway and at a few ports we were right next to other ships on the sides and people were talking across. I remember my Dad having a Nash Rambler station wagon that had a back seat that face backwards and you saw where you had been but not where you were going! We just had one of these rooms on the Noordam and I really liked it and the veranda was a little bigger. My husband didn't care for the vibration at night when he was trying to sleep. It didn't bother me. I thought being down the end of a hall was great and we were not that far from stairs and elevators.

I have a dumb question regarding the VA aft cabins on Vista- and Signature-class ships.

When you're on your balcony can you see anything other than wake, or do the balcony dividers cut off your view of anything else on either side? (Told ya it was dumb!)

Yeah, it's pretty dumb! ;)

The dividers will cut off your view of your neighbors balcony! You'll see pretty much everything else. :D

Yeah, it's pretty dumb! ;)

The dividers will cut off your view of your neighbors balcony! You'll see pretty much everything else. :D

That's quite a relief, being that I'm not a Peeping Tom-ette.

So if, for instance, the ship was approaching port and there was a scenic view on either the port or starboard side, I'd be able to catch a glimpse of it going by?

That's quite a relief, being that I'm not a Peeping Tom-ette.

So if, for instance, the ship was approaching port and there was a scenic view on either the port or starboard side, I'd be able to catch a glimpse of it going by?

If you are at the rail you should be able to see at least 180°.

The vista from the stern of the ship is absolutely wonderful.You see the view enjoyed by both the starboard and port sides of the ship ( albeit a little after they do :)) Toss in the magical wake, a sunset or sunrise and cruising doesn't get any better.Best seat in the house,180 degrees just like Boytjie said.

We just recently got back from a Westerdam cruise on which we occupied aft cabin 5188. The noise from the wake sounded much like a waterfall -- very restful and relaxing. Our only complaint -- and it's really not that much of a complaint -- is that the level 5 aft cabins have an almost total overhang and therefore not much sun at all. That being said, it's very enjoyable to experience room service on that type balcony for that very reason -- the lack of sun. If you want to sunbathe on your aft balcony, avoid level 5. If you want to wine & dine on it, level 5 is perfect.

One other thing, level 5 looks down partially on level 4, so -- if you want privacy -- level 4 is not for you.

That's all we really know, except to say there is a 180 degree view from all aft cabins -- and all aft cabins are, of course, at the very stern of the ship so you better like walking if you choose an aft cabin! We walked a LOT but we needed to!

There are no dumb questions. You probably asked a question some wondered about but didn't have the courage to put it on the thread. I also see you have some answers.

And thank you, Himself, for making me feel just a little bit smarter! It just seems like one of those things where the answer should have been really obvious, but it wasn't (at least to me).

Archived