Reserving Excursions/MTD times, etc.

orville99

Generally, the "booking window" isn't until after the final payment date, anyway....don't know if C&A status has anything to do with it! Even after final payment is due, not all things will be able to be booked in advance at the same time...

ON DCL, if you are a gold CC member (RCL Platinum), you can start booking 90 days out if you're paid up, and if you're a platinum CC member (RCL Diamond), it's 120 days, vs 75 days out for everyone else. Just wondering if that's similar to RCL C&A status. i.e. if I pay early, can I book early. BTW, there's a button on the RCL web res page that allows you to select your MTD res times online.

Also, you do not actually "reserve" excursions. You pay for them at the time you sign up. If you cancel later, you can get a refund. Typically, we select and pay for our excursions before final payment.

D

ON DCL, if you are a gold CC member (RCL Platinum), you can start booking 90 days out if you're paid up, and if you're a platinum CC member (RCL Diamond), it's 120 days, vs 75 days out for everyone else. Just wondering if that's similar to RCL C&A status. i.e. if I pay early, can I book early. BTW, there's a button on the RCL web res page that allows you to select your MTD res times online.

My apologies. When you said MTD I thought you meant My Time Dining. When going into my reservation I see it means My Time Daily which is something different.

My apologies. When you said MTD I thought you meant My Time Dining. When going into my reservation I see it means My Time Daily which is something different.

I am now talking to myself and going around in circles. I SHOULD be able to book the times on line but can't..... so my apologies again. Think an email to RCCL from me is in order.

I am now talking to myself and going around in circles. I SHOULD be able to book the times on line but can't..... so my apologies again. Think an email to RCCL from me is in order.

I tried to book MTD times today and it said..."not available for this ship". Made me wonder why I given the option if it wasn't available!

Okay - so we can't choose MTD (My Time Dining) until we get onboard? I have paid all of my money, but my TA has us down for Late Seating.

Since then, I have decided that MTD works better for us. If that's the case, is there a way I can change that online? Do I just call my TA and ask her to switch, or do we have to wait until the first day on the ship.

Thanks - TL

Sorry about that. Usually, the only one I end up confusing is me:)

My hope is that the link to making My Time Dining reservations will work once I make my final payment - especially since they already billed me for the pre-paid gratuities required to get the MTD option.:(

Okay - so we can't choose MTD (My Time Dining) until we get onboard? I have paid all of my money, but my TA has us down for Late Seating.

Since then, I have decided that MTD works better for us. If that's the case, is there a way I can change that online? Do I just call my TA and ask her to switch, or do we have to wait until the first day on the ship.

Thanks - TL

Call your TA and have them make the switch.

Just heard from my Cruise Planner :

I just double checked with the Cruise Enhancement team here, they have advised that the pre booking My Time dining times are only available on Oasis currently, they will be looking at rolling it out on other ships, so please keep checking. This facility can be booked by yourself once available.

Just heard from my Cruise Planner :

I just double checked with the Cruise Enhancement team here, they have advised that the pre booking My Time dining times are only available on Oasis currently, they will be looking at rolling it out on other ships, so please keep checking. This facility can be booked by yourself once available.

Thanks. I'm having my TA check and see whether she has any luck cajoling the RCL folks to get us a res time for our upcoming cruise before we board.Offering the advance sign-up MTD option w/o being able to make res's makes no sense.

This will be the first time we have tried MTD. We leave 60 days from today - WooHoo! Our cruise is paid in full and our tips have already been paid. Everytime I log onto the Cruise Enhancement section I also get the "not available" message.

What concerns me a tad is that we won't board for our cruise until very late afternoon and by then I bet others will have signed up their preferred time for MTD already (we have a 9pm sailaway). I don't want to be dining when sailaway happens..... we may end up in Windjammer first night....

Archived