Travel Alarm Clock Recommendation?

Dr. Jack Daniels

Your phone in your cabin has access to an automated wake up call system... Cost free, luggage required zero.

Really after 10 cruises, I did not know that.:rolleyes:

Will the "wake up system" announce what time it is in the middle of the night when I go to the bathroom?

Thanks for your insight. Really invaluable.:rolleyes:

By the way thanks to everyone else for their recommendations. Decided to go with the LL Bean.

I bought a $5. plug in little alarm clock at Wal-Mart. I bring a power-strip (for my camera battery, computer, iPod) and I also plug my little alarm clock in. It is literally smaller than your hand, keeps great time and has a bright and dimmer switch on the digits. Don't waste your money on anything more expensive (in my opinion)

Many of todays newest cruise ships have 110 volt power at 60 cycles - just like you have at home in America. If you travel on one of those ships and use a plug-in clock, it should keep quite good time.

If you happen to travel on one of many other cruise ships that have 110 volt power at 50 cycles, your plug-in clock will lose 10 minutes every hour.

Instead of stressing out which situation you might encounter, better to use a battery powered or wind up clock.

Your cell phone will change to the local time zone (think Caymans to Coz) but your SHIP MAY NOT CHANGE THEIR TIME. They will let you know if and when to change your clocks/watches.

Don't take a chance on missing the ship because you thought you had more time. Happens ALL THE TIME.

Cheap little alarm clock/watch = peace of mind.

Same thing occurs with a travel alarm clock except you have to manually change it. On my cruise in Nov. my phone changed automatically to ships time....

Archived