Don't count on football being shown on the muts or big screen

laemerald

Personally, I hate those honking big screens altogether....and, therefore, avoid the pool area where this thing makes noise all day and half the night.

I'm not sure whose big idea it was to add these screens to cruise ships but, boy, they ruined a quiet day poolside.

I seek out a place far from it as possible. Many ships have a small pool far aft where adults can actually enjoy the sound of the sea, read a book or gaze off at nothing at all....that's where you'll find me.....HA!!

Amen, I am with you G'ma!!! The pool deck was much nicer when there was NO MUTS!Personally, I hate those honking big screens altogether....and, therefore, avoid the pool area where this thing makes noise all day and half the night.

I'm not sure whose big idea it was to add these screens to cruise ships but, boy, they ruined a quiet day poolside.

I seek out a place far from it as possible. Many ships have a small pool far aft where adults can actually enjoy the sound of the sea, read a book or gaze off at nothing at all....that's where you'll find me.....HA!! Today 08:15 PMPersonally, I hate those honking big screens altogether....and, therefore, avoid the pool area where this thing makes noise all day and half the night.

I seek out a place far from it as possible. Many ships have a small pool far aft where adults can actually enjoy the sound of the sea, read a book or gaze off at nothing at all....that's where you'll find me.....HA!! Today 08:15 PMPersonally, I hate those honking big screens altogether....and, therefore, avoid the pool area where this thing makes noise all day and half the night.

I seek out a place far from it as possible. Many ships have a small pool far aft where adults can actually enjoy the sound of the sea, read a book or gaze off at nothing at all....that's where you'll find me.....HA!! Today 08:15 PM

okay now that I've had a few days I can try and make you understand the situation The nfl game on saturday was scheduled on the muts screen it was just cancelled at the last minute and replaced by a video camera of the waves outside she didn't put a movie on for the other people ,there was just the screen showing waves. There was a big crowd waiting and all the servers were not informed ,their patters said it would be on it was the whole deck and believe there was a alot of people waiting it was YANKED , Guess what IM DONE

OK. I see your point. If it was in the Patter they should have followed through with it. I just personally think there's too much football altogether. I can see a big playoff game or some other big sports event, but not regular game after game. I'd go out there and no one would be there. JMO.

For people who have asked what they're showing, here's what was on MUTS when I was on the Crown Princess in November:

Day 1 Saturday

Bedtime Stories 8 & 10:15

Day 2 Sunday

Sunday Night Football - Dallas vs Philly

Day 3 Monday

Monday Night Football - Denver vs Pittsburgh

Day 4 Tuesday

Kid's Night: Monsters vs Aliens 7:15

Christina Aguilera Concert 9:00

Cirque du Soleil: Delireum 10:00

Christina Aguilera Concert 11:00

Day 5 Wednesday

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past 8 & 10:15 (Rained)

Day 6 Thursday

Thursday Night Football - Chicago vs SF

Star Trek IX 10:45

Day 7 Friday

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 7 & 10:15

Sunday daytime football: 2 games

Daytime movies were: Transformers, Night at the Museum 2, Wall-E, My Life in Ruins, Up, GI Joe, Mamma Mia, Yes Man, Confessions of a Shopaholic, 17 Again

I don't go to MUTS during the day. Too much night time football for me.

For people who have asked what they're showing, here's what was on MUTS when I was on the Crown Princess in November:

Day 1 Saturday

Bedtime Stories 8 & 10:15

Day 2 Sunday

Sunday Night Football - Dallas vs Philly

Day 3 Monday

Monday Night Football - Denver vs Pittsburgh

Day 4 Tuesday

Kid's Night: Monsters vs Aliens 7:15

Christina Aguilera Concert 9:00

Cirque du Soleil: Delireum 10:00

Christina Aguilera Concert 11:00

Day 5 Wednesday

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past 8 & 10:15 (Rained)

Day 6 Thursday

Thursday Night Football - Chicago vs SF

Star Trek IX 10:45

Day 7 Friday

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince 7 & 10:15

Sunday daytime football: 2 games

Daytime movies were: Transformers, Night at the Museum 2, Wall-E, My Life in Ruins, Up, GI Joe, Mamma Mia, Yes Man, Confessions of a Shopaholic, 17 Again

I don't go to MUTS during the day. Too much night time football for me.

So no Tina Turner, Elton John, U2, or Beyonce?????

Personally' date=' I hate those honking big screens altogether....and, therefore, avoid the pool area where this thing makes noise all day and half the night.

I seek out a place far from it as possible. Many ships have a small pool far aft where adults can actually enjoy the sound of the sea, read a book or gaze off at nothing at all....that's where you'll find me.....HA!![/quote']

well maybe princess is not the right cruise line for u. :D jk

What would people rather view....

Julie & Julia

Mama Mia

My Big fat Greek wedding

Tina Turner concert

Transformers

or

A live football game.

Not that I'm a big football fan but with the tired old concerts & movies that are show on the MUTS a football game is one big improvement.

No brainer::D:D:D

Julie & Julia

Mama Mia

My Big fat Greek wedding

Tina Turner concert

Transformers

No brainer::D:D:D

Julie & Julia

Mama Mia

My Big fat Greek wedding

Tina Turner concert

Transformers

I could almost agree with you if the movies shown were somewhat new since I'm a big movie fan myself, but when they insist on showing ones that have been out on DVD for 6 months or have even been on TV it's a complete waste of time for most people. Only occasionally have they selected a movie prior to it being released on DVD.

Seems to me there can be a happy medium here. I don't see the big deal with showing football for the playoffs only (and BCS College Bowl games). Were talking 1 or 2 games max a day. What Princess needs to do is put a detailed listing in the Patter as to whats on MUTS every day. If it's a major sports event, it deserves to be on MUTS. I agree, however, that the movie lineup needs to be improved. MUTS should have a set schedule, not be arbitrarily decided by the CD. Newer movies are a must. Football is generally only on Sats and Suns so what is the big deal for one or two days? Just fill the rest of the days with NEW movies and concerts. And if 80% of the ship is British I don't think that justifies Soccer 24/7 nor do I think an 80% American ship should have College Bowl mania with Football 24/7. We all have different tastes. MUTS will never show just what YOU want to see 24/7. If it is decided that a major sports event will not be on MUTS than the CD should see to it that its shown in a lounge so that people who want to see it don't have to huddle in their cabins. Was on the Sun Princess some years back (no MUTS) for the Super Bowl (Pats vs Eagles). They showed it in the Vista Lounge. It was great. Stadium type seating and fans from both teams. Closest thing to actually being at the Super Bowl I have ever experienced.

I understand your desire to see current movies, but there is a prce to consider. Movie studios have a path they follow for releasing movies. They start with the biggest revenue generators (theaters) and move down from their. If Princess wants to rent a current movie it will not be cheap.

I agree first run movies would be too expensive. But how about new to dvd releases? They show them in the cabins, why not on MUTS? I find it hilarious that one poster saw Jaws, Posiedon Adventure and Titanic on MUTS on one cruise. Could you pick three worse films to show to cruisers? Killer sharks, tsunamis and the worst cruise line disaster of all time! :p

I agree first run movies would be too expensive. But how about new to dvd releases? They show them in the cabins, why not on MUTS? I find it hilarious that one poster saw Jaws, Posiedon Adventure and Titanic on MUTS on one cruise. Could you pick three worse films to show to cruisers? Killer sharks, tsunamis and the worst cruise line disaster of all time! :p

Maybe they were hoping people would be so happy that none of those disasters occurred on their cruise that they would not be upset over the noormal problems.

Island Dog, Love your comment about the poster who saw Jaws and Poseidon Adventure on his cruise. That is so funny. They could add The Deep and that other horrible movie about the Scuba divers that were left in the ocean to get devoured by sharks. Like your humor.

I have to admit that I don't want to hear loud movies during the day on mhy cruise either. At night is when they should be using the screen after all of the sunbathers are done. You can't see the screen during the day anyway.

on board. Just sounds like a good story to me. Not on the big screen. Maybe they had Turner classics in the cabin and that was what was scheduled but no way would the cruise line book those films. Like an airplane showing Airport or smoke hijack film w/ terrorists on board or snakes.

From a movie licensing stand point, there is a difference in showing a movie on a TV system that goes to the cabins, and then publicly showing it on MUTS. Same thing for major sporting events.

What I bet happened is that Princess forgot to pay for the feed for this ship, and by the time it was realized, it was too late. By putting it on in a conference room, they were able to slip around the fact that it was being shown publicly.

I fully realize that the cruise line will not pay for first run movies just out in the theaters but they could at least show some of the better ones released on DVD. Of course they would have to eliminate the ones with R ratings or violence or sex scenes but showing the same old tired movies and concerts over & over again is a little much.

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised on our next cruise but I'm not counting on it so I do bring along a varied selection on my ipod.

Asil65, I agree loud movies or sporting events have no place on MUTS during the day. Some non-threatening concerts like Jimmy Buffett or Bob Marley would be great and put us in the Island mood too! And yes Open Water or The Deep wouldn't be too good on MUTS! Nor would Speed 2 (bad sequel to the original involving a cruise ship!). How about a funny cruise movie like Boat Trip or the hilarious Out To Sea with Lemmon and Matthau!

It didn't bother me to watch them but could you imagine what was going through the minds of first time cruisers. It's like showing showing airplane disaster movies in flight to a person who is flying for the first time.

well maybe princess is not the right cruise line for u. :D jk

It's not just Princess.....Carnival has them too...and that's where I usually spend my cruise dollars.

Believe me, I'd never stop cruising because there was a feature I didn't like.

I can always find a quiet place away from the noise, the drunks, the loud and obnoxious music, "B" movies and sports....

If all else fails, there's always my balcony.

I make my own cruise.

Or showing "Pearl Harbor" on our Hawaiian cruise, which Princess did.

Archived