Body found on cruise ship.....

ckrobyn

Terrible news.

My first wish is that his family find answers and peace as quickly and as deeply as possible.

And as awful as it sounds, my second wish is to know the stateroom number where he was found, because my wife will come unglued at the possibility of staying in that room when we board in a couple weeks.

Most likely an drug OD. Its a big party on these chartered cruises. Still sad news.

A drug OD could happen on any type of cruise. Lots of people go on vacation to let loose. Could have been anything.

There are CCers on this cruise, so I'm sure we'll hear something when they get back, considering they also stopped at Labadee. Very sad.

As a total aside, we booked the Smith's cabin on Brilliance. BF figured it out and they let us change. It happens.

A drug OD could happen on any type of cruise. Lots of people go on vacation to let loose. Could have been anything.

There are CCers on this cruise, so I'm sure we'll hear something when they get back, considering they also stopped at Labadee. Very sad.

My condolences to his family.

And yes, I hope it wasn't my stateroom either (on Liberty in April)....kind of gives me the heebie jeebies (sorry).

Most likely an drug OD. Its a big party on these chartered cruises. Still sad news.

Unless you have evidence to support your conclusion, it seems both unfair and unseemly to post such speculation. It is more than "sad". It is tragic for everyone personally involved and a baseless claim such as this only adds to their pain.:rolleyes:

As a total aside, we booked the Smith's cabin on Brilliance. BF figured it out and they let us change. It happens.

OK, this may be a bit of a morbid question but since it is a reality, I feel I must ask. Is there a way to find out what ships and cabins people may have passed away in? I know that they try to keep that information private and I understand why, but I am person who gets really freaked out about this kind of thing and would definitely NOT want to stay in a cabin where someone may have died or there was foul play in. Do we, as customers, have any right to know? I saw that Bluegirlum was able to switch out of the Smith's cabin; did they admit it to you and how receptive were they?

The situation is very sad and I am sorry for the family.

OK, this may be a bit of a morbid question but since it is a reality, I feel I must ask. Is there a way to find out what ships and cabins people may have passed away in? I know that they try to keep that information private and I understand why, but I am person who gets really freaked out about this kind of thing and would definitely NOT want to stay in a cabin where someone may have died or there was foul play in. Do we, as customers, have any right to know? I saw that Bluegirlum was able to switch out of the Smith's cabin; did they admit it to you and how receptive were they?

The situation is very sad and I am sorry for the family.

I really think that the "Smith situation" was a unique one because it was so sensationalized. People die in hotel rooms and on cruise ships all the time--usually it just happens and it doesn't end up on Nancy Grace. But in our case, it was within a year of this happening, so it was still in the news, and for some reason when we booked the room--a balcony--BF had some weird hunch and googled the room and sure enough, it popped up! We talked about it, and I was more concerned with gawkers than actually being in the room. So he called RC and the agent actually laughed when he saw the cabin number and BF explained the situation. He said "oh, this happens quite a bit, I understand, we're happy to move you." So they don't publicize it, but they certainly were understanding and I think if they have another cabin open, they'll move you.

And sure enough, a nice old couple was in that cabin and people would knock on their door to ask to see it, and would take pictures and stuff. It was creepy and I felt bad for the couple because they didn't understand why people kept knocking on their door. People definitely came just to find the room and our steward said it happens every cruise.

But do we have a right to know and have it publicized? I don't think so. I think they accommodate concerns if they can, but I don't think they need to publicize these things. They don't at hotels and other places. I think it would just make a spectacle of it if it's just a standard death. Most likely, these days, if it's foul play, you'll find out.

Archived