Body found on cruise ship.....

ckrobyn

Confirmation of what happens when you "assume" anything. You can try to justify your remarks all you want but in the final analysis what you "assumed" is offensive to most of us, straights and gays alike.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately we are all human and when we see someone die young, we assume the worst. Maybe you don't, but I think a majority do. case in point, Ms Johnson, Ms Murphy, Mr ledger. All young and we thought the worst through the media.

If this was a person of 70 years of age our first reaction most likely would be natural causes.

No labels are needed as its still a horrible death.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention, but I'm sorry I am sticking to my assumtion because I have lived through this in my lifestyle community and its the only reason I made any comment at all. I lost one friend at 39 and almost lost another one at 29, I'm not off base here.

Geez people. lighten up a little (esp. negc) on the piling on top of bosjoe! I, too, had the same thought as bosjoe because I was on the Atlantis Mex Riviera cruise in Oct. and we had a confirmed drug OD death before we left PV (day 4). There was also at least one other suspicious critical injury that no one could quite confirm the details of before we left the ship. It was accepted as common knowledge that the large Atlantis cruises usually had at least one OD death or critical injury, so "assuming" that the 37 yo man found in the cabin on a huge Atlantis cruise died from a drug overdose is not baseless. I think what both bosjoe and I are directing our comments toward is the fact that this is not really a "suspicious" death given what we know of the gay charter cruises.

Todd

So the Police have now stated that "whilst the investigation continues, NO suspicious circumstances have been found", how silly do some peolpe feel now?.

It's a little early to be claiming victory on this.

I'm a bit ashamed of it, and I hope I'm wrong, but I admit to thinking at the same frequency as Bosjoe and others.

Meanwhile, can someone tell me what an "Atlantis Cruise" is? I've seen it mentioned in a couple different threads, and I'm clueless here. Any connection to Atlantis in Nassau?

So the Police have now stated that "whilst the investigation continues, NO suspicious circumstances have been found", how silly do some peolpe feel now?.

The article says that there is no reason to suspect foul play. To me, that means there is no reason to suspect that this person was killed by another person. If the person was found with, say, a syringe laying next to him, then, no, it's probably not suspicious as to how he died. But we don't have all the facts, so we don't know. It's just sad, no matter what happened.

All that means is no weapons were found or any injuries that appear to be inflicted by someone else, that's all that means. What that basically leaves is natural causes, suicide, accidental overdose. At 40, natural causes is possible (heart), but the reality is, ANYTHING is possible.

I also have absolutely no problem with staying in a cabin where someone has died. It's a fact of life.

The article says that there is no reason to suspect foul play. To me, that means there is no reason to suspect that this person was killed by another person. If the person was found with, say, a syringe laying next to him, then, no, it's probably not suspicious as to how he died. But we don't have all the facts, so we don't know. It's just sad, no matter what happened.

The fact that there is no reason to suspect foul play didn't stop some on here from speculation that would certainly be considered hurtful for any friend or relative of the person who died if they were to read it. As you say, we don't have all the facts but unfortunately that has never stopped some from voicing suspicions no matter how unfounded. Perhaps we should let this person and this thread rest in peace. There is little or no value in continuing it.:(

In many states, you must disclose this information if you are selling a home where someone has passed; especially due to foul play or suicide.

When selling a house in Texas you don't have to disclose any death except murder or an accident related to the property's condition. Deaths by suicide and natural causes don't have to be disclosed. See below:

A seller or seller's agent shall have no duty to make a

disclosure or release information related to whether a death by

natural causes, suicide, or accident unrelated to the condition of

the property occurred on the property or whether a previous

occupant had, may have had, has, or may have AIDS, HIV related

illnesses, or HIV infection.

Like many people have said...Death is a fact of life. Our first house we bought, The OLD Lady died in her sleep in our Master Bedroom and the next door neighbor told me about it, after we had signed paperwork and moved in.....She was OLD! Was never a problem for us to know that fact.

For this person on the ship.......I am sure drugs/alcohol probably played a part in the death....I have been to way too many Circuit Parties to see what goes on. I wish his Family and Friends the best and maybe it has opened some eyes in the Gay Community.

Yes we are Gay!

Mike

don't know what being chartered by a tour company catering to gays has to do with a dead person. Hope his death was due to natural causes, may he rest in peace.

Because the Caymans banned one of the first "themed" cruises from coming there years back. It is still controversial. The pastors on the island have held protests over the years. They were afraid that the cruisers would not uphold appropriate standards of behavior.

OK, this may be a bit of a morbid question but since it is a reality, I feel I must ask. Is there a way to find out what ships and cabins people may have passed away in? I know that they try to keep that information private and I understand why, but I am person who gets really freaked out about this kind of thing and would definitely NOT want to stay in a cabin where someone may have died or there was foul play in. Do we, as customers, have any right to know? I saw that Bluegirlum was able to switch out of the Smith's cabin; did they admit it to you and how receptive were they?

The situation is very sad and I am sorry for the family.

Then wouldn't it be better that you don't know about it? I mean, the problem would not be the room, only your reaction to it. What you don't know won't hurt you, at least in that kind of situation.

Then wouldn't it be better that you don't know about it? I mean, the problem would not be the room, only your reaction to it. What you don't know won't hurt you, at least in that kind of situation.

Yes, true, and I do agree with you. That is, until you get the gawkers that a previous poster talked about. Then, you not only find out, but then you get harassed by looky-loos. The thing that bothers me the most, I guess, is my own mind. I start to think about what it must have been like for the person and what it must have looked like. Again, this is in regards to foul play. I guess I am just a little OCD that way. It's my own fault :(

Unfortunately we are all human and when we see someone die young, we assume the worst. Maybe you don't, but I think a majority do. case in point, Ms Johnson, Ms Murphy, Mr ledger. All young and we thought the worst through the media.

If this was a person of 70 years of age our first reaction most likely would be natural causes.

No labels are needed as its still a horrible death.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention, but I'm sorry I am sticking to my assumtion because I have lived through this in my lifestyle community and its the only reason I made any comment at all. I lost one friend at 39 and almost lost another one at 29, I'm not off base here.

After many years as an EMT and going on 26 years as a 9-1-1 operator I can easily say you don't kniow anything about anyone. Age, social status, the guy has been a friend of your family for 40 years .....You just don't know .

Had a call once with a guy in his late 70s ...he died , lets just say freaky deaky.

the next day or so in his obituary he was a decorated WWII hero, was a deacon in the church, head of the youth group married 50 years, kids , grands , great grands . From the picture in the paper he looked "Father Knows Best".

Last person you would think would be found like that.

Ya just never know

I origianally replied because of an Elvis comment. That was referring to the reason Elvis died, Drugs.

I never said that it was because of a gay cruise that i the reason why. There is heavy partying and it wouldn't surprise me one bit that drugs might be involved especially with someone as YOUNG to be found dead. I assumed that this might have happened.

I'm not trying to be mean in anyway but i have seen and been offered all kinds of crap at these things. When you have someone that drugs you unknowingly like I was,then I can say what i want about these type of events.

And I said it could happen to any group of people.

Its sad that he died period.

I don't think the poster who brought up Elvis's death was referring to drugs.

It is kind of a wide spread rumor that he died sitting on the toilet with his pants around his ankles

I don't think the poster who brought up Elvis's death was referring to drugs.

It is kind of a wide spread rumor that he died sitting on the toilet with his pants around his ankles

Yeah I guess you can take it that way too. but same untimely young death :(

Archived