Bistro on 5 Menu

shaq

We went one night because we just needed a break from all the dinner food. The menu (which I don't have) is creperie style, and there are some nice creative salad accompaniments that look good and taste good too. Its a bite to eat that is satisfying and enjoyable.

The main dish food is not heathy fare IMHO, and I think if we were to do it again it would be to avoid the buffet during the day rather than the dining room at night.

Is it worth the $5.00. Yes, we did think so.

It is the same menu all the time. They were open There are a wide variety of crepes, a few with eggs others with veggies or meat, and then there are dessert crepes. They also have salads. I had a Mexican crepe and then a chocolate one for dessert. I was stuffed. I'm sure you could have had a salad and a third crepe if you wished. It is well worth the $5. As I recall, they were open very long hours - from morning until after midnight.

Its a great place for lunch, with big windows overlooking the promenade deck and the sea.

They have delicious crepes, paninis and desserts. There are breakfast crepes with eggs, crepes with meat or chicken, and desert crepes. I found the Mediterranean chicken crepe and the nutella /banana crepe the best. They will modify ingredients at your request.

It was empty for lunch at the beginning of our cruise, and packed by the end as word spread.

The $5 is a service charge, not an item charge. You can have as many crepes or other items as you like. I felt it was great value.:)

We enjoyed Bistro on 5 for lunch on embarkation day. (Can't stand crowds.) Suspect this is maybe where they train the waiters but have no real idea. Ours was incredibly enthusiastic and polite but clearly unfamiliar with his territory. We liked him very much, though, and also noticed he seemed to be under the very watchful eye of a more senior staff member thus cementing our thoughts about his newness.

My husband's chicken crepe was apparently tasty but filled with very undesirable pieces of chicken, gristly and such. I really loved the banana and nutella crepe.

Nice surroundings and gorgeous views, would eat there again for embarkation day but probably not again.

• 1 year later...

Dolly ..... well this post is well over a year old and cant tell you how wonderful that link was to pictures of the Solstice and the menus foremost.

I was going to post a question about the menus and decided to do a search instead and this message popped up.

Again .... thanks .... totally perfect.

• 6 months later...
Hi

If you follow the link below you will find some amazing photo's of the Solstice and one of the photo's shows the menu from Bistro on 5.

go to..Solstice Pre inaugural cruise

http://www.thepreismans.com/

Wow, those were beautiful pictures. I'm thinking about trying Celebrity and those may have sold me. What a beautiful ship.

• 2 years later...

I am a NUT for the Bistro. When I embark it is the best. A nice atmosphere and good food without the hassle of looking for a table or waiting in line at the buffet.

This is a way to start a vacation on a quality note. The deserts are to die for and always a nice soup and great salads.

Well worth more than $5.

Is it true that you can have as much as you want for the $5. charge? Also, does that include any beverages? Thanks for any help. We've never eaten in there but I would like to try it nx week. :D

Hi Judy... As someone else mentioned, the $5 is a service charge and, yes, you can have as much food as you want for that. The standard complimentary beverages that are available in the dining room are available or you can purchase soft drinks, wine, etc. We ate there on both embarkation days for a B2B plus 2 or 3 other times during the cruise & enjoyed it very much. We liked the Panini sandwiches, crepes, soups and salads. They also made a special effort to get our favorite "Celebrity Dressing" (which was not on the menu) from the main dining room kitchen. Try it... you'll like it!:)