MUTS Question? How Loud?

motherchic

I have never sailed on Princess . Always Celebrity and once on Carnival this summer.

We chose Carnival because we were bringing our 3 daughters and the price was right.

Their ages: 28, 19, 17. We ALL spent ALL of our time in the adult pool. Because their version of MUTS was very loud all day long. We had a nice time but honestly it was kind of sad that even our teenagers were getting headaches from the loudness.

Anyone know.. how does MUTS compare?

Thank you for your time,

Nadine

MUTS is loud. After all, there are people on two decks watching whatever is on the screen.

There are other pools you can use if the sound is uncomfortable. Although loud, the sound isn't heard beyond the MUTS pool area.

Lew

I am not a big fan of MUTS and I can say you won't hear it unless you are there. Whatever Princess is doing it works. You will find many places on the outside decks to relax, and you won't even know that MUTS is on.

I would compare it to what you describe on Carnival. Since it is difficult to hear on all the seating locations they overcompensate with the volume & that makes for it being really annoying. One of the major irritations comes from the fact that I miss out on a lot of dialog because of the loud bass sound. I'd rather watch the same movie in the show lounge (if they show it) rather than be subjected to MUTS.

It's great for football games and maybe concerts if they would even present some newer material.

It's true that you shouldn't hear MUTS at the other pools and deck area. However, in November when we traveled on the Crown we were in cabin D530 which was (obviously) several decks down from MUTS but in the same area of the ship, just down several decks (sorry if not making sense) Anyway, out on our balcony we could hear MUTS. Not the actual words but just a kind of echo of noise. It didn't matter during the day but it was a little distracting when we went out to enjoy stargazing at night and could hear that MUTS was playing. I'm not a fan of the MUTS thing.

Just off the Ruby. MUTS was loud! I only watched one movie and the speakers actually vibrated with the noise. However, I was very surprised that when you left the MUTS area, the noise just disappeared!

glad to hear most couldn't hear MUTS on the Dolphin deck but we could hear it on the Dolphin deck as our cabin was directly under MUTS straight down by many decks. Heard it often. Perhaps it is the bass as mentioned by another poster but definitely knew it was up there. Again, not the actual words but definitely the sound. I wouldn't book cabins in the 500 range again on this class of ship. Would do a little bit further back or forward.

I have never sailed on Princess . Always Celebrity and once on Carnival this summer.

We chose Carnival because we were bringing our 3 daughters and the price was right.

Their ages: 28, 19, 17. We ALL spent ALL of our time in the adult pool. Because their version of MUTS was very loud all day long. We had a nice time but honestly it was kind of sad that even our teenagers were getting headaches from the loudness.

Anyone know.. how does MUTS compare?

Thank you for your time,

Nadine

We were on the Ruby a year ago January and MUTS was painfully loud. I complained to several people, at different times, and it did me no good - so we did not watch anything on MUTS. My husband and I just got off the Carnival Dream and enjoyed their MUTS much more.

glad to hear most couldn't hear MUTS on the Dolphin deck but we could hear it on the Dolphin deck as our cabin was directly under MUTS straight down by many decks. Heard it often. Perhaps it is the bass as mentioned by another poster but definitely knew it was up there. Again, not the actual words but definitely the sound. I wouldn't book cabins in the 500 range again on this class of ship. Would do a little bit further back or forward.

We were in D715, further back from the D500s. I'm guessing you were on your balcony and not inside your stateroom when you heard the sound.

MUTS is LOUD, I was thankful that I had the adult area to relax in. After walking throught the muts area I told my DH that if cruising was that loud all over the ship I wouldn't be cruising. That is one of the reasons why cruising is great, they have something for everyone.

We were on the Ruby Princess in October when suddenly the movie started and I felt I had almost lost my hearing! It was so loud that it hurt my ears.

I don't know what demographic Princess thinks they are catering to....Often it seems to me that cruise directors are much too young for the age group that normally travels on Princess and as a result music is much too loud and totally unsuitable for the age group and in addition the movies are also too loud.

Puleeze let's have cruise directors that have some understanding of what the 50plus age group actually wants ( quiet background music - NO LOUD MUSIC!). We are happy to listen to classical music on our ipods...we don't need to be blasted out of our deckchairs!!

Just off the Ruby. MUTS was loud! I only watched one movie and the speakers actually vibrated with the noise. However, I was very surprised that when you left the MUTS area, the noise just disappeared!

We are just off the Ruby and the noise from MUTS was loud even in The Sanctuary! It was hard to understand the dialogue because the bass was turned up so high. The decibel rating must be rock concert or higher... And it wasn't just MUTS -- the Princess Theater and even the atrium rocked at times. Perhaps Princess thinks most of their passengers are deaf?

We were on the Ruby a year ago January and MUTS was painfully loud. I complained to several people, at different times, and it did me no good - so we did not watch anything on MUTS. My husband and I just got off the Carnival Dream and enjoyed their MUTS much more.

Is MUTS on the Carnival Dream HD? I know on Princess its not and the picture is terrible. If it was in HD I would watch it.

Archived