Atlantis-Allure of the Seas 2011 information

TravelerRoss

I am not sure if I want to book this cruise. Can someone help me decide? Typically, I would not be intersted in this itinerary because I prefer more intersteing ports. I did really enjoy the march cruise that I went on one year, but it only had 2000 passengers and was not a giant circuit party atmosphere. Also, being by myself, 5500 passengers seems overwhelming to me.

On the other side, the ship looks amazing and I think it could be a really intersteing cruise experience.

If it is not this cruise, it will be another, but I want to make the right decision. Advice?

If it is not this cruise, it will be another, but I want to make the right decision. Advice?

hi sammy - we are on the RSVP cruise next wkd and have already decided to book the Allure next Feb for our first Atlantis cruise. I agree the ports are boring but we are doing it soley for the experience on this ship!

As far as the circuit party issue, we figure with 5400 guys, we can find a "few" to hang with.

dave

On the other side, the ship looks amazing and I think it could be a really interesting cruise experience.

Hi sammy - I understand how you feel. I've always resisted the megaships (I've usually done 2000-2500 passengers max like the Anniv Cruise in 2006 and Baltic 2007) but this looks like a remarkable ship and experience. The timing was good for me, and I have not done Atlantis for a few years.

I think it ultimately depends on what you want out of your vacation. I would expect it will be half single/half coupled, median age late 30s (because of the higher $ point), plenty of party boys, but probably more likely an incredibly broad demographic. I do not care about the Caribbean port wise, so that was not a concern. Broadly speaking I have found the Caribbean/Mexican Atlantis product to be more laid back than the European cruise product, which is vastly more port intensive.

I'm approaching this one as a great do nothing relaxation week with lots of people and activities options if I want to go that route.

Got the tkt info from our travel agent today...

We're looking to do either a Boardwalk or Central Park Veranda....

Partner was laid off Thursday, but already has two interviews for Monday, so we're hoping he won't be out of a job for long, and we will still be able to do this trip...

I am not sure if I want to book this cruise. Can someone help me decide? Typically, I would not be intersted in this itinerary because I prefer more intersteing ports. I did really enjoy the march cruise that I went on one year, but it only had 2000 passengers and was not a giant circuit party atmosphere. Also, being by myself, 5500 passengers seems overwhelming to me.

On the other side, the ship looks amazing and I think it could be a really intersteing cruise experience.

These trips are whatever you want to make them...

We are not big circuit people by any stretch, and we LOVE these trips!

We did Freedom last January and had a ball!

We just booked Allure today. Junior Suite facing out for some privacy. Friends booked the Boardwalk balcony at the stern. They can see the Aqua Theater and shows form their balcony, so much more to look at (especially at the rooms on the other side).:eek:

Preston and I have been on 6 Atlantis cruises. We are not circuit party guys at all (I don't even drink!) and we love these cruises. The average age might be a few years younger than RSVP, but there are people between 18 and 80 and all sizes and shapes. We only come out for a couple of the evening deck parties, but mostly go to the shows or hang out with friends. We have found that we can do as much or as little as we want.

In this case, we are going for the ship and not the ports, which we've been to multiple times. I can't wait!:)

Phil

I just disembarked OASIS OF THE SEAS last weekend. Sailed in a Crown Loft Suite and it was amazing.

ALLURE with Atlantis is certainly something to consider. These ships are truly amazing and there is nothing like them at sea.

Without a doubt this is a cruise to book for the ship itself, and not the ports. It could spend 7 days at sea and still be a totally amazing trip.

Ernie

I would be interested in booking this for next year, sounds like an amazing trip. i have never been on a cruise before and would most likely be going on my own.

What do the prices for this start at, would need to consider this since I am coming from Scotland?

I would be interested in booking this for next year, sounds like an amazing trip. i have never been on a cruise before and would most likely be going on my own.

What do the prices for this start at, would need to consider this since I am coming from Scotland?

utlr - Welcome to Cruise Critic. This chart should be of help:

http://atlantisevents.com/cruises_2011_anniversary_pricing_alumnipreviewonly.aspx

They really blew through the high end suites quickly, but many of the more reasonable price points are available.

utlr - Welcome to Cruise Critic. This chart should be of help:

http://atlantisevents.com/cruises_2011_anniversary_pricing_alumnipreviewonly.aspx

They really blew through the high end suites quickly, but many of the more reasonable price points are available.

Thanks for that, it has helped a lot.

I think the interior or large interior looks the most affordable, is there much difference between the 2?

We had to dial a lot of times, but we got through and booked an ocean view veranda cabin on Deck 10. It may be a year away, but I am really looking forward to this ship. And, of course, the fabulous Atlantis entertainment. We celebrate our 40TH anniversary just before we leave on this 20TH Anniversary Cruise.

Thanks for that, it has helped a lot.

I think the interior or large interior looks the most affordable, is there much difference between the 2?

It looks like Large Interior may be about 20 ft. squared larger.

http://www.icruise.com/ships/royal-caribbean-cruises-oasis-of-the-seas-staterooms.html

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/home.do;jsessionid=0000-kJmjx5nmAeNGYYgejXXJYR:12hbiodf7?cabincls=I&br=R&shipCode=OA

Atlantis should be able to hone in on that for you when you call them. Wild that all the suites are reserved at this point. This really looks to be an amazing cruise experience opportunity.

Do you get many younger guys going on these cruises or is it more order 40+?

I think the price point makes 30s-40s more common, but there are many younger guys too. My youngest brother joined us on the January cruise. Remembering the little amount of time I saw him, I know he found a lot of people his age to hang around. He is also already talking about February 2011.

Many price conscious do 3 or 4 in a room for $600 pp after the double occupancy.

Good point. With the excitement over Allure we might see even more triple or quads. On my first Atlantis cruise we had a three in the room. back then the cruise sold out so fast it was the only way our friend could get on board.

The ones leaving Miami, Ft Lauderdale and LA tend to skew a little younger...average age is late 30s-early 40s....Europe and Asia average out to early 50s....

You will get a decent number of people in all age groups, but don't limit yourself based on age!!

We have met wonderful people of ALL ages on these trips!

We've been on 6 Atlantis cruises. There is a cross section of ages (18 to 80). The ads always show the pretty boys (and there are a lot of them), but as an old geezer (in gay years), I've never felt out of place.

Phil

Archived