for all the people complaining on what X does not offer, how about they offer this...

Solstice23

What I think Celebrity could offer instead ......

Free Classes on Manners!!!! how to enter an elevator, hold a door open, Assist a person needing assistance, Not holding deck chairs, Not Complaining over little issues loudly, how to say Thank you and Please, treating staff with respect and tipping fairly, this would improve everyones cruise vacation over anything else.

Just a thought

Free Classes on Manners!!!! how to enter an elevator, hold a door open, Assist a person needing assistance, Not holding deck chairs, Not Complaining over little issues loudly, how to say Thank you and Please, treating staff with respect and tipping fairly, this would improve everyones cruise vacation over anything else.

Just a thought

Thats what we call being a "southerner" here in the United States...;)

Just a thought

I had a good laugh and have to include my comment, despite having not even sailed yet! I couldnt agree more with you! Manners are becoming a forgotten art and I think that many, including others on this board, could use a refresher!

Just a thought

Sometimes I think these boards are the world epicenter for online sanctimony.

You know what ?? I think most of us who posted here so far on this thread are vindicating the OP's point !!!!:rolleyes:

MANNERS, folks.....Manners !!

Cheers

Smooth seas;)

Hardly! Manners 101 includes knowing when to let others speak freely without criticism. This is cruisecritic, not cruisesuckup.

Just a thought

agreed. My last cruise on princess we ate with 6 people from bakersfield I think, not important. anyway they were the rudest people i have ever met. The service was not good in there defense, (which is why I will never go Princess again, among other things) but these people would loudly criticize the dinner staff when they were right there SERVING US. I was so embarrassed, my fiancee and I, stopped eating dinner at our appointed time and when open seating or specialty restaurant for the rest of the cruise.

I agree that many are considering manners a lost art-not where I come from. While many don't learn manners, they are still pretty much taught in the South by your parents and grandparents. It's not Celebrity's job to teach them, but I do feel that they do teach manners, especially the staff and crew. They always hold doors for you, speak to you in passing, carry your tray, and many other thoughtful gestures. We certainly appreciate those kind actions.

Just a thought

Manners and common courtesy. I always enjoy your posts toronto, you tell it like it is!

Patty

Besides the fact that my folks would come down from heaven and smack me besides the head if I were ever rude, my wife and I have always treated crew members with a smile and respect. Guess what? Never had service issues ever on Celebrity (or most other cruise lines). We're always treated with courtesy and respect. "Do not do to others what you would not want done to youself"....

Phil

I agree with the OP in one sense but don't have much faith in changing people that have never learned good manners by the time they are old enough to cruise.I am amazed at the variety of answers, the one about the south really made me laugh.Lets be positive for a change.I use a walker (keep the comments about that to yourself please) and so many people stopped to ask me if I needed help crew and passengers alike. The good things Celebrity is doing far outway the bad,and with the large number of choices in cruise ships people have no reason to be unhappy. Just research for the line that fits your needs.

Let's add a class on "ENJOY YOUR CRUISE without letting the little things ruin it". I agree, sometimes things can be just horrible, but seriously, some of the stuff that is a "cruise-catastrophe"? Maybe it's just perspective:cool: We haven't had a cruise ruined yet:D

We have not experienced too much in the way of bad manners but then we aren't the sensitive sort. We find that on a cruise 95% of the people are really nice but the other 5% are awful!! What does amaze me is how upset people get on forums, & over nothing at all sometimes.

'The South' and good manners???

I've lived South of the Mason-Dixon Line for most of my life. After reading that, I just pictured the guy sitting in the restaurant in his torn jeans, T-Shirt referencing a Certan Part of his anatomy and his ballcap on backwards. Yup, great manners Down South.

And of course in the Good Old Days when we Southerners did display better manners, it was only displayed within our Social and Racial Circle. But other then that, we have much better manners than those 'Yankees'.

And remember what John Stewart said about those Canadians: we have to watch out for those Canadians trying to sneak into the US. They look like us, they sound like us, but they are just nicer!! Watch out for anybody with good manners, they are probably Canadians sneaking across the Border!

Just a thought.

Denny

Besides the fact that my folks would come down from heaven and smack me besides the head if I were ever rude, my wife and I have always treated crew members with a smile and respect. Guess what? Never had service issues ever on Celebrity (or most other cruise lines). We're always treated with courtesy and respect. "Do not do to others what you would not want done to youself"....

Phil

You know what Phil,

We have the same service non issues as yourself.

Take Care

Steve

And remember what John Stewart said about those Canadians: we have to watch out for those Canadians trying to sneak into the US. They look like us, they sound like us, but they are just nicer!! Watch out for anybody with good manners, they are probably Canadians sneaking across the Border!

ROFLMAO...oh trust me there are RUDE Canadians. My DH has impecable manners taught to him by his mother. He has always says please, thank you, holds the door, etc. Please note, I'm not saying he's perfect, only that he has great manners ;)

So one day he's holding the door for me to go thru and there was another woman, I'd say mid 20's, coming right behind us so he held the door for her and, I kid you not, she blasted him saying among other things, that she wasn't an imbecile, she could hold her own door, she even called him sexist!!! And yes, she was Canadian.

On cruises, we have always taken the time to learn the names of our servers, cabin stewards,etc., and always greeted them by name when we see them and we've never had bad service.

Just a thought

The problem is that those needing the class would not attend. :rolleyes:

Gerry

The problem is that those needing the class would not attend. :rolleyes:

Gerry

How right you are!!!!! So sad,the post above calling the man an imbecile for holding the door for her, wish she were my kid for about 5 minutes.LOL

Archived