coffee delivered in the morning

texasnana

My wife loves her pot of coffee delivered to the room and drink on the balcony. She always brings $2 bills for tips. Some of the room service people do not hink the $2 bill is real

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is bringing 2 dollar bills for tipping. We are first time cruisers. I had a co-worker that has seen people using them on shore for tipping. After all they take up half the room of 1 dollar bills. Thanks for the info. Could someone clarify something for use? Is the steward the person who delivers the coffee? Or are there room service personnel? All comments will be appreciated!

Room service personnel delivers the coffee and they can be different every time, so a tip as you go scenario is best. We take a stack of 1's and keep them in the safe, taking a few out every evening when we put our valuables away, all ready for the morning coffee.

I fear the $2 bills aren't as happily accepted. Some of their countries also don't take them to spend. Much safer to stick with $1s

Interesting... I've always brought $2 bills and never had any problem, but never thought about them maybe having trouble spending them. Thanks for a different perspective!

The kitchen staff delivers room service and they are not included in the "end of the cruise" tipping thing...Tip upon delivery.

Use "real" spendable money for tips...no $2 bills, no fancy coins....give them readily spendable money.

We always tip when we get the order...sometimes the servers are really surprised and happy to receive a gratuity. Sadly i think many people forget this.

And I agree with the others...stick with standard denominations....in fact, when the US rolled out their new,more colorful currency and the bills hadn't been widely viewed outside the US, sometimes there was difficulty spending the money.

Enjoy your cruise!

We always tip room service 2-3.00 and it seems much appreciated.

I agree with not using the 2.00 bills. Why use something they might have trouble spending? They don't need something "cool" or different, it's just part of their income:rolleyes:

A bit off the topic, but am I the only one that does not like RC coffee? Whether room service or buffet or DR, DW and I find it to be excessively bitter, and I'm really not picky about coffee.

I'm with you there. Apart from what they serve in Chops or Portofinos, I only get coffee from Cafe Promenade.

We order coffee every morning, to enjoy on our balcony! I always tip $2.00 in regular ole dollar bills. This is our wake-up call also!

I do like the coffee in the cafe promenade better but the room service kind is better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick! LOL! This time I am going to carry my own french vanilla creamer! :)

Never thought a 2 dollar bill would be hard to spend but, I can understand your point. Thanks for the information. Guess I will unload most of them in Galveston before the cruise and stock up on 1 dollar bills. Also thanks for all of the informtion on the ships staff..

A bit off the topic, but am I the only one that does not like RC coffee? Whether room service or buffet or DR, DW and I find it to be excessively bitter, and I'm really not picky about coffee.

I've found the room service coffee to be inconsistent. One morning it'll be fine and the next it'll straighten my hair. I always nab a few container of half & half from the WJ or Cafe Promenade, too, since they only bring non-dairy creamer with the coffee - I've tried to get the 1/2 & 1/2 but it seldom works.

Archived