Voyager Laundry Backup

WC11

Ah, the first hitch. Due to the fact that this ship is full they have announced that only 4 pieces of laundry will be accepted a day. I have not seen my laundry in 3 days. They have also added a formal optional night tonight. It's going to very optional for me because they have my laundry. There are long lines at the self serves. I don't know if something has broken down as they are not saying.

I'm told it's now 4 days to get 4 pieces done. There are lines in the Laundromats. This can't be normal. There must be something wrong with something. Plus they have added a formal night tonight I learned this morning. Wearing the same clothes for two days in this humidity? This can't end well.

Otherwise this cruise is perfection.

PS, I think it's 4 pieces per person.

Apparently they have staffing problems which they will correct in Sydney. We have 264 WC'ers and we all had all our laundry done the day we got on the ship which set them behind. That's the deal.

WC11, I'm sorry, but you were at sea for what, 6 days after you boarded in San Diego? Seems like a lot of time for the staff to catch up on laundry. I'm sorry, but this "staffing problem" should have been well known to Regent, having done WC's for many years, especially since a lot of pax already get "free" laundry. They know what to expect, this itinerary repeats all the time. I'm glad you are a "go with the flow" person, as you will likely face these blips without letting them ruin good times for you in the weeks ahead. Enjoying your posts, by the way!

Ok I have a complaint. I wish the room stewardess would use the doorbell. Especially when I am getting dressed or asleep. It's a concept that fails her as I stand there covering myself with the curtains.

Why do they lock the Laundromat doors at 10 pm? Do people get drunk and pass out in there?

Anyway it's hoot. I think that was the politically correct answer about the laundry. Who knows?

TC

I'm not certain about the methology required to determine who wanted to dress formally but couldn't!! Anyway agree w. previous poster that Regent had the experience to anticipate laundry personnel needs. Regent appears to frequently staff too thinly. Happily they plan to correct the laundry problems for segment 2.

Our WC bloggers who have recently been depriving us sun and cruise starved folks, have written some long & interesting posts now that they are at sea after days in Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. They seem to have enjoyed most of their tours & there's lots of info there as they chose different tours. One blogger notes that about 1/3 of the men have been wearing sports jackets each evening. This would be consistent w our experience on the New Year's cruise. And the entertainment sounds varied; I would love to see tonights Platter show.

Paula

Ok I have a complaint. I wish the room stewardess would use the doorbell. Especially when I am getting dressed or asleep. It's a concept that fails her as I stand there covering myself with the curtains.

So talk to your stewardess and tell her to ring the bell? Is there a security bolt that you can lock when you're inside?

I have a funny image in my mind of all these WC'ers filling their suitcases with dirty clothes so they can get them laundered for free when they board! :p

Really, Regent should have anticipated this problem. My thought is that there's a laundry staff member who kicked over the traces and is currently in the brig!

WC11 just a suggestion but when I am sleeping or am in the room and don't want to be disturbed, I put the do not disturb sign on the door.

Sorry about the laundry problem but I am sure it will be corrected as soon as possible. Hope it is before I come aboard in HKG.

Have a great cruiser.

Warren, here's hoping that the laundry issues get sorted out soon. It has been a problem historically on Regent's WC though as I recall.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=732968&highlight=laundry

I remember blogging from our '06 WC (before free laundry/dry cleaning perks were available!) that doing laundry in the laundry rooms was nearly a blood sport.

As to the help just coming in the room, we found that true on all our Regent cruises. They just come on in, if you don't put out a Do Not Disturb sign! It is weird, but the sign should stop it. You'll just have to get in the habit of sticking that sign out there as soon as you enter the room.

That's weird. I'm trying to remember whether our stewardess did this on Voyager recently. Our butler certainly did not (our rare, treasured butler), but always rang the bell.

I concur about using the signs--very valuable, especially if you're sleeping, or otherwise indisposed!

WC11, if you have your do not disturb sign on they won't be returning your laundry unless you're out of your cabin. Wouldn't it just be easier to ask your stewardess to please ring your bell first? I have never had a stewardess just walk in as you're experiencing.

Laundry can be a problem on the WC because the full WCers are likely all Platinum or Titanium and getting free laundry.

I'm not the only one that reports the stewardess problem. The are all from the Philippines it's the language thing. We don't quite understand each other. I am just going to start feeding them 4 pieces a day and roll with the flow.

We are doing some rolling to day. It's a twister. I will have to check the weather.

Warren, just put out the Do Not Disturb Sign. It will keep them away, and you can call for your cleaning later if this is a problem. We want to hear more about what is going on with the rest of the ship!

We have not had a problem with anyone entering our suite without ringing the bell. The Do Not Disturb signs should work as well as the sign asking to have your suite cleaned.

Back to the subject of the thread. . . . WC11, have you received your 4 pieces of laundry back yet, or, is it really going to take one more day:confused:

We have a wonderful stewardess who is from the Philipines. She told us more laundry people will board ship in Sydney. I just got back some laundry that I sent out on the 22nd and today is 27th. I'm certain Regent will fix the problem. Rest of cruise is great.

More laundry people is good news. Just wonder why they are apparently understaffed in that area. It's good to hear that your cruise is going so well:-)

I don't want to get her in that much trouble.

There is a language barrier here. Some act like they understand you and they really don't. It's frustrating. That's managements fault but I don't know what can be done about it now.

Archived