Jade: discontinuing 7-day Western Med in 2011?

wheredowegonext

Hi -- I was doing a search for rates/dates for the Jade's 7-day Western Med cruise...we like the itinerary a lot (3 stops in Italy), and were thinking of doing it in 2011. I found a list of Jade cruises into 2011, and according to the list the last 7-day RT Barcelona is 14 Nov 2010. :confused:

After that the trips are 9, 12, and 21-day cruises (still RT Barcelona), with a very different itinerary from the current 7-day. The longer cruises focus on Canary Islands, Morocco, Greece, Egypt...the only Italy stop is Rome (Civitavecchia).

We are new to cruising...do ships alter itineraries frequently?

It really depends on what works for itineraries. I was hoping to do South America with NCL because they offer an Antartica landing. I REALLY wanted to do that this year but I didn't know I had two full weeks off from college after the New Year until I had locked in with another couple. I was hoping to do it next year but NCL announced they were pulling out of S. America (largely due to insane airfares to get there).

Itineraries are dependent upon guest demand. If it doesn't work they do tend to drop those itineraries or offer them much less. The British Isles cruises are the same way with only a handfull offered each year and then it dropped to one only. That's another one I've been eyeballing and might do for graduation. Until then it's the Jewel and Spirit to round out this year and the Epic in Jan to start next!! :D

Jade normally does Bcn/Canaries and Bcn/Eastern med thru' the winter, with a different itinerary in summer. Are the Itineraries out for Summer 2011 yet?= jocap.

What I saw (the longer itineraries) went thru April 2011, but they're doing the 7-day thru this April, so that's what made me wonder if they might be eliminating the 7-day. I hope not; I guess I need to be a bit patient...;)

There was just a report posted on ther Epic subforum that the ship will be based in Barcelona in the summer of 2011. That clearly could have an effect on the Jade's itineraries.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22860685&postcount=17

I think horseman is spot on, the Jade will be headed elsewhere. The itineries for 2011/12 are reported to be available to the general public on thursday this week....presumably posted on the NCL website.

I think horseman is spot on, the Jade will be headed elsewhere. The itineries for 2011/12 are reported to be available to the general public on thursday this week....presumably posted on the NCL website.

Per today's web cast available 1/27 for Epic and 2/9 for other ships for summer / fall 2011.

From the Epic news: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3658

"Norwegian Epic will sail 22 seven-night cruises roundtrip from Barcelona, calling on Livorno (for Florence or Pisa), Civitavecchia (for Rome), Naples and Palma de Mallorca with two days at sea."

I think I'd prefer a smaller ship :(...guess I'll have to wait until all the itineraries are announced & then decide.

There was just a report posted on ther Epic subforum that the ship will be based in Barcelona in the summer of 2011. That clearly could have an effect on the Jade's itineraries.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22860685&postcount=17

I'm wondering the same thing, maybe the Jade will take over Venice from the Gem and the Gem will stay in North America year-round.

The new Epic Med itinerary looks ok, not too big on NCL cutting Monte Carlo though. As a North American, I want my Europe/Med cruise to be as port intensive as possible. Sea days are nice...in the Caribbean.

Archived