Labadee Map

Knatz

They still do the BBQ on the beach. Since we were at Barefoot, I don't know what they served, just assuming it's the same that it's always been.

I figured, for one time, $150 wouldn't kill me. Our cabana was at the back, near the gate. I got to watch all the people try to walk in and get denied. One guy even tried to argue, saying in his previous visits he's been allowed to use the cabanas at no cost. Gave me the giggles. I'm pretty sure you can get the clamshells on Nellies Beach as well. See if the Attached Thumbnails work - the first one is of Nellies Beach (unless I have my beach names screwed up). The second and third are of Barefoot Beach. The second photo, the two cabanas in the middle (on the water) were not rented out. I asked and was told the pilings on them weren't safe.

You're killing me! :D They do look really nice. We have 5 weeks to decide. Thanks for all the info!

I was told that it had to be done through the concierge... Not sure where to find them.... But we just walked up to the gate once we were actually at Labadee

How do you rent a Cabana? Do you have to do it on the ship or Labadee. It is not in the shore excursions. The D+ rep. I talked to said they hold 5 people.

Barefoot Beach is for Suites only -- not D+ -- as per the D+ desk.

My wife and I will be going on our first cruise in May. Thanks for all the information. Unfortunately I saw all the older posts first, the barefoot beach sounded like a good one.

Where is the best place to snorkel? I know Labadee isn't the best place from other posts, but good for first time practice I'm sure. Are the swimming areas on the map strictly enforced? Someone said pretty much right under the zip line a little ways out there is actually really good snorkeling. I have seen one map that marks somewhere out here as swimming but that most recent one posted doesn't.

• 2 years later...

Am I missing something here. I think both of these maps are available on the RCI web site (from your cruise itinerary click on the port):

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/port_explorer/CocoCay_EN_RCI.pdf

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/port_explorer/CocoCay_EN_RCI.pdf

Roy

We have been to Labadee twice. The first was a better experience than the second.

The first time we went to Columbus beach. the sand does not have too many rocks and you do not need water shoes. At that time the tram would take you all the way there. We walked back to the BBQ area for lunch. I did not like having to walk through the agressive vendors along this walk. [however, I bought a couple of bargains--they wore me down] I also snorkeled along the edge of this beach. It is not world class snorkeling--but, I entertained myself.

The second time we stopped at the beach on the other side of the penninsula. [in the curved little bay] They orginally had this listed as an area for swimming, but it is too rocky. We did not have water shoes. The two biggest issues with this trip were not the rocks [my fault for picking wrong beach] but the lines. It took us more than 40 minutes in line to get lunch. Then when it was time to get back on the ship it was a nighmare to go through the two security lines. There were 2 ships in port, so combined we had more pax than if the oasis was there alone.

Our ship was due to leave an hour earlier than the other ship. But, when we all began to leave the beach/area the other pax thought they were late and rushed to leave, too. We had a 45 minute wait here.

DH and I decided the next time we would go out on the beach early [maybe we could get a blue clamshell]. Enjoy our time and then reboard for a very late lunch on the ship. We would miss all of the lines.

I have a map of the port and its beaches but I guess I should clarify what exactly I was asking. I want to know distance for walking to Columbus beach from the pier....are we talking a 1/2 hour walk or what and I do not think any of these map indicated distance. I was asking as some people have walked it and state it is a long walk.

Hope that clarifies my question.

Am I missing something here. I think both of these maps are available on the RCI web site (from your cruise itinerary click on the port):

Roy

Yes, you are missing the fact that this thread was started in February 2010. At that time, maps were not on the website.

I have a map of the port and its beaches but I guess I should clarify what exactly I was asking. I want to know distance for walking to Columbus beach from the pier....are we talking a 1/2 hour walk or what and I do not think any of these map indicated distance. I was asking as some people have walked it and state it is a long walk.

Hope that clarifies my question.

It is a totally reasonable walk for those that do not have mobility issues.

PS--that had two sets of vendors the last time we were there. The stands where prices are negociable. Also, a building with vendors that did not negociate and they were not aggressive. It was like going into a store. [it was near the BBQ area]

... I want to know distance for walking to Columbus beach from the pier....are we talking a 1/2 hour walk or what...
Having walked it several times I'd say 15-20 minutes at a medium pace from the shore end of the pier [ie near the pier re-boarding security point], Another 5 minutes or so down the pier to the ship.

Thom

• 5 months later...

What is the best area to reserve at hut ? Traveling with kids and grandparents....looking for best area to swim, access to bars and not to hard for grandparents to walk too...thanks for your help

Royal Caribbean Cruise

Archived