How much OBC booking on board?

39august

I believe that the OBC on Celebrity for booking on board, is $300 for a 14 day cruise., and you only have to put a down payment of $200 pp. (not sure of the down payment amt, but it is very minimal, and not refundable) The amount of OBC depends on the length of the cruise. Lower OBC for less than the 14 day, I am not sure of the amounts.

Does Celebrity award the same amount of OBC for booking on board as RCI? On RCI a 6-10 night cruise gets $100 OBC. Eleven night and longer gets $150. Or is it determined by cost of the cruise?

NO.

OBC for booking on board depends on cost of the cruise, NOT the length of the cruise.

And remember that you can't combine it with any other Celebrity Credits such as shareholder benefits. Many times, the shareholder benefit exceeds the OBC credit, so you may have to choose which one you are going to use.

I wish RCCL would allow shareholder credits to be used regardless of other credits; it makes more sense to reward your shareholders rather than to punish them.

NO.

OBC for booking on board depends on cost of the cruise, NOT the length of the cruise.

When we were on the Infinity last October, we booked 3 cruises & the OBC depended on the length not the cost.

7 nights was $100

10 nights to 12 was $150

14 nights was $300.

Used to be price but on our cruise it changed it back, could be they change it regularly! You only had to put down $200.

I just returned from a cruise on RCI and booked a 14 day Celebrity for 2011. The OBC was $300.00 with a $200. deposit and no mention of it being non-refundable. Regarding the stock, I plan to sell mine as soon as it gets close to my buying price. It doesn't make sense to hold on to it with the way they are cutting back on the OBC. We do very well with their CC's. We have both the AMEX and VISA znc use them on every cruise.

They must have change it. Last time we were on Connie last April- it was based on the cost of the cruise. We will be on Equinox end of March and I will find out. Still too bad they are not combinable with shareholders OBC. That were good old days.....

Hi Linda...

We did not book on board, but today I put a "hold" on an RS for next Jan on the Connie. Might as well spend it or the kids will! haha

My TA gives me some good perks as well. I have the shareholders and that should be $250. Shoulda booked on board...oh well.

I am also trying the select dining....did you have that?

Hi Linda...

We did not book on board, but today I put a "hold" on an RS for next Jan on the Connie. Might as well spend it or the kids will! haha

My TA gives me some good perks as well. I have the shareholders and that should be $250. Shoulda booked on board...oh well.

Grace, did you book the Jan. 29 sailing? Fingers crossed since that's the one we're on!

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann....alas...the cruise I am thinking of is the Jan.15 voyage. The timing is a little off for us for the 29th cruise, but nothing is written in stone at this time.

It would have been wonderful to sail with you again!

As of last week:

Deposit amt is $200, which holds booking until final payment

3-5 nt $50 OBC per stateroom

6-9 nt $100

10+ nt $200

14+ nt $300

I found out later that if you do not book a specific cruise while onboard that your deposit is non-refundable if you book and then cancel without rebooking another cruise. The agent onboard the Solstice told us that the certificate never expires and is refundable anytime, but didn't tell us about this other rule.

Hi Linda...

No, that doesn't much appeal to me as I will be doing this cruise as a solo. I asked to be placed at a large table for regular dining. This is the first time I've ever booked on board, but thought the OBC & upgrades were too good to pass up. It's all fully refundable. I wanted to take this cruise last fall, but couldn't work it out. The overnight in San Francisco is the big draw for me.

Archived