Changes to C&A...when you think???

One can hope, but I also hoped that they would grandfather CL access for people who were already Diamond, but alas ...

I think this is the crux of the problem. They could easily just add another level to the C&A at perhaps 50 cruise credits and anoint these folks with a new level... say D+CL. Everyone still keeps their current level and those who are not at the new D+CL, are shown the door to the CL. It's not like they have not done that before:rolleyes:!

I was talking to the Revenue Manager on one of our recent cruises and he mentioned that there were going to be changes . I am not privy to what these changes may be, I wished I had asked but doubt very much he would have told me even though he knows me very well now.

We are in a privileged position with quite a few credits above the minimum for D+ so hope for other's sake that any changes satisfy all concerned but this is real life and you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

To those of you who are at D+ and thinking that you will not lose the CL, just remember what just happened to those of us still at the D level. Don't count on it. RCL has already shown that they are willing to do this in spite of the feedback. All is not lost, the DL is not bad. On our last, we booked a suite so that we had access to the CL and still spent some time upstairs in the DL. My wife liked the Cosmo's better there! Then again, you can always book on X. They will give you Elite status.

Once you attain a certain level I highly doubt that they will take it away from you. I'm sure if you make Diamond at 10 cruises and the follow year they raise the number to 15 or 20, you'll be grandfathered.

Essentially that is what they did last year - on all the ships that don't have a diamond lounge - you are still considered diamond at their nightly diamond event - they just took away the free drinks (other than wine and champagne) and your appetizers. - So who won on that issue?

They could do the same thing to diamond + - heck they have already done it once - it just makes it easier the second time.

Are you talking about the Concierge Lounge or the Diamond Lounge on Oasis or both? We will only have access to the Diamond lounge when we sail her (unless we upgrade).

What did you think of Oasis?

If you are Diamond you will have access to the Diamond Lounge. If you are Diamond Plus you will have access to the Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge.

To those of you who are at D+ and thinking that you will not lose the CL, just remember what just happened to those of us still at the D level. Don't count on it. RCL has already shown that they are willing to do this in spite of the feedback. All is not lost, the DL is not bad. On our last, we booked a suite so that we had access to the CL and still spent some time upstairs in the DL. My wife liked the Cosmo's better there! Then again, you can always book on X. They will give you Elite status.

Eliminating Diamond Plus from the concierge Lounge would render the Crown and Anchor program meaningless for many repeat cruisers. You have to give people something to shoot for. That's why I doubt Diamond Plus would ever be restricted from the lounge. What I do believe will happen is the amount of credits needed to attain each loyalty level will be increased. And soon.

Stay tuned.............April is right around the corner.

I had heard some rumors about possible changes, too. Last weekend we were at a travel show and there was an RCI rep there. I asked about possible changes in status as we are paid up for a cruise in April which will make us Diamond when completed. I don't want to lose that status if things change.

The rep said that as far as she knew there were no changes in the wind. If you know something that I or the rep don't know, please tell me as I will attempt to get grandfathered.

Eliminating Diamond Plus from the concierge Lounge would render the Crown and Anchor program meaningless for many repeat cruisers. You have to give people something to shoot for. That's why I doubt Diamond Plus would ever be restricted from the lounge. What I do believe will happen is the amount of credits needed to attain each loyalty level will be increased. And soon.

We hope it is soon. If the ranks of D+ members continues to grow at it present rate it could jeopardize their access to the lounge. We remember when there was only a handful of diamond members on a cruise now the number routinely runs in the hundreds. What used to feel special has now become so diluted it is losing its value.

We don't have a crystal ball but what could happen is that sea days will become the basis for calculations. Everyone will be grandfathered in their present status but advancement to the next status will be based on the new criteria.

Also a new classification called Diamond Elite of Diamond Royal for members with 50+ cruise points may be instituted. They could be afforded benefits similar to the suite guests.

I had heard some rumors about possible changes, too. Last weekend we were at a travel show and there was an RCI rep there. I asked about possible changes in status as we are paid up for a cruise in April which will make us Diamond when completed. I don't want to lose that status if things change.

The rep said that as far as she knew there were no changes in the wind. If you know something that I or the rep don't know, please tell me as I will attempt to get grandfathered.

I know as much as anyone here on CC does.

We hope it is soon. If the ranks of D+ members continues to grow at it present rate it could jeopardize their access to the lounge. We remember when there was only a handful of diamond members on a cruise now the number routinely runs in the hundreds. What used to feel special has now become so diluted it is losing its value.

We don't have a crystal ball but what could happen is that sea days will become the basis for calculations. Everyone will be grandfathered in their present status but advancement to the next status will be based on the new criteria.

Also a new classification called Diamond Elite of Diamond Royal for members with 50+ cruise points may be instituted. They could be afforded benefits similar to the suite guests.

I guess you are 50+ cruises so you aren't worried that they could create a Diamond Elite or Diamond Royal and only let those people use the concierge lounge with the suite guests while the Diamonds and Diamond+ would be elsewhere minus free mixed drinks and appetizers

Be careful what you wish for!

Tucker in Texas

I, too have heard rumors, and have mentioned some of them in the past.

But, until RCCL comes out with what changes they want to make, they remain just rumors.

I'm even worried about our status. We are getting near to the point where we would receive a free cruise. Like all of you, we have worked hard to achieve the status that we have, and by the end of this year, could have as few as 5 points left, before our "freebe".

Now, they might move that from 100 cruise credits to 200 cruise credits!!:mad::(:eek:

Rick

I guess you are 50+ cruises so you aren't worried that they could create a Diamond Elite or Diamond Royal and only let those people use the concierge lounge with the suite guests while the Diamonds and Diamond+ would be elsewhere minus free mixed drinks and appetizers

Be careful what you wish for!

Tucker in Texas

Nowhere in our post did we advocate taking anything away from D+ members so settle down.

We are not wishing for anything only making the observation that unless RCCL revamps the progam D+ members could eventually suffer the same fate that recently happened to the D's.

The CL can only handle so many people and since it is primarily for the suite guests it is obvious who will get the heave ho.

If you are Diamond you will have access to the Diamond Lounge. If you are Diamond Plus you will have access to the Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge.

Thank you for responding, but I already knew that. I am Diamond and unless I book a suite I cannot access the CL. The question I had for the poster was....was he referring to the CL, the DL, or both in his comment that something should be done because on Oasis it was so crowded.

As a Diamond member I was already Sc***d once, I don't relish the idea of it happening again.

The ranks of D+ members will continue to grow at its present rate at a minimum and more likely at an accelerated rate with people taking 3 day cruises out of FL for practically nothing in the off season in this economy.

I would like to see loyalty rewarded for amount of money spent per cruise, just like they reward suite guests for the extra money they spend.

The number of cruises isn't that big of a deal if a lot of them are 3 nighters in an inside room with little spent on board. That is probably the biggest problem with the overcrowding.

From what I've been told there are already over 5000 Diamond Plus members and that number continues to grow by the day. It's inevitable if changes aren't made to the program the lounge will eventually be limited to suite passengers only. And I don't believe Royal wants that to happen.

I would like to see loyalty rewarded for amount of money spent per cruise, just like they reward suite guests for the extra money they spend.

The number of cruises isn't that big of a deal if a lot of them are 3 nighters in an inside room with little spent on board. That is probably the biggest problem with the overcrowding.

If you use $$$ spent on a cruise in determining C&A rankings you are now pitting the rich against the poor.:(

As stated, the number of cruises is irrelevant since you earn one cruise credit regardless if you do a 3 night or a 11 night cruise. If you book a JS or higher then it would be 2 credits.

Now, if you do a 3 night b2b, then you would earn 2 credits. If you do a 3 night as a b2b2b you would earn 3 credits. But if you stayed in a JS on a 3-day b2b2b you would earn 6 credits! And the poor folks that booked an 11 night cruise in an OS only get 2 credits. :eek:

They need to count number of days at sea...........as that would encompass everyone on board no matter what cabin they are booked in or how much they spent on their cruise.

I hope they do make changes. On the Oasis it was so crowded.

Crowded or not, it is still something that each of us who earned it deserve. On a ship with 5000 people, you'd expect some things to be crowded.

In other words, suck it up.:eek:

If you use $$$ spent on a cruise in determining C&A rankings you are now pitting the rich against the poor.:(

As stated, the number of cruises is irrelevant since you earn one cruise credit regardless if you do a 3 night or a 11 night cruise. If you book a JS or higher then it would be 2 credits.

Now, if you do a 3 night b2b, then you would earn 2 credits. If you do a 3 night as a b2b2b you would earn 3 credits. But if you stayed in a JS on a 3-day b2b2b you would earn 6 credits! And the poor folks that booked an 11 night cruise in an OS only get 2 credits. :eek:

They need to count number of days at sea...........as that would encompass everyone on board no matter what cabin they are booked in or how much they spent on their cruise.

I agree to an extent Patti. This is the way that Holland America controls what tier a passenger is at, and it's a nice recognition.

I think that 3 day cruises should equal one half point, 7 day equal 1 point, 12 day equal two points.

Anyone staying in a suite gets another half point for a 3 day, extra point for 7 day and (gasp) 2 extra points for a 12 day!:)

There are all kinds of different ways to approach the subject, now we just have to wait and see what Royal Caribbean is going to do.

Rick

I agree to an extent Patti. This is the way that Holland America controls what tier a passenger is at, and it's a nice recognition.

I think that 3 day cruises should equal one half point, 7 day equal 1 point, 12 day equal two points.

Anyone staying in a suite gets another half point for a 3 day, extra point for 7 day and (gasp) 2 extra points for a 12 day!:)

There are all kinds of different ways to approach the subject, now we just have to wait and see what Royal Caribbean is going to do.

Rick

Rick, even though your plan could work.............we know that C&A can't get whole credits correct. Please don't throw in half credits........:D

Crowded or not, it is still something that each of us who earned it deserve. On a ship with 5000 people, you'd expect some things to be crowded.

In other words, suck it up.:eek:

I have a little different view on this regarding loyalty programs.

Being D+ IMO entitles me to nothing. What did I earn anything with? I booked a number of cruises and paid for them and what I got is usually exactly what I paid for a cruise vacation. I didn´t earn anything else and therefor I don´t deserve anything on future cruises than what I paid for again.

Yes RCI and other companies give their loyal customers some perks, but it´s exactly that a perk given at any given time and not something set in stone that I have "earned" and now "deserve" forever. I take a perk at any time given to me but don´t think it´s something I have earned for lifetime. JMHO.

I have a little different view on this regarding loyalty programs.

Being D+ IMO entitles me to nothing. What did I earn anything with? I booked a number of cruises and paid for them and what I got is usually exactly what I paid for a cruise vacation. I didn´t earn anything else and therefor I don´t deserve anything on future cruises than what I paid for again.

Yes RCI and other companies give their loyal customers some perks, but it´s exactly that a perk given at any given time and not something set in stone that I have "earned" and now "deserve" forever. I take a perk at any time given to me but don´t think it´s something I have earned for lifetime. JMHO.

Finally, somebody who does not have the attitude of "what can they do for me now". :)

Archived