Do other passengers look at you funny when you....

MaiTaiMary

I took pictures of my food at every meal. By the 3rd day, half of my table mates were too. If anyone looked at us funny, and I am sure they must have, I didn't notice. I was only thinking of how I needed to post them here when I got back. Haha!!

I took pictures of my food at every meal. By the 3rd day, half of my table mates were too. If anyone looked at us funny, and I am sure they must have, I didn't notice. I was only thinking of how I needed to post them here when I got back. Haha!!

LOL. by the second day my tablemates were taking my camera so they could take pictures of their food for me

We travelled with friends on our last cruise, and they all looked at me like I was crazy. It was always..."Robins passing the camera around the table again for pictures"...well, now I am not so crazy when I email a picture of the day to them, and it is something yummy that they enjoyed. I have no idea if other people were looking at me, but my friends know what to expect when I am around.:D

I didn't take food pictures on our first cruise, I was too afraid of "what people might think."

Then I decided, you know what? I'm not going to see any of these people again in my lifetime, I don't CARE if any of them think I'm silly or odd or whatever to be taking food pictures.

I snap away! And when I get home I'm very happy to have lots of food pictures with the rest of my cruise memory pictures!!

Don't worry about what other people might think. Lots of people take pictures of their food. Take all the food pictures you want, you won't regret it. :)

take pictures of your food?? *LOL* :D I love looking at food pics here and am planning on taking my own, but do other people look at you like you're a little nutso? :o

I've had folks ask my why I'm taking pictures of everything! I just tell 'em it's for my review!!!

:D

We are on our first cruise in June! I plan on taking pictures of my food, like another poster said you'll never see them again. I'm the kind of person if it isn't affecting you then I don't care what you think. Plus this is a girls only cruise and we are leaving the boyfriends behind.......but mine is a bit of a FOOD JUNKIE so I will be taking them for him and myself for my scrapbook!

On our first cruise we went to the big Gala Midnite Buffet and I thought I had died and went to heaven. I took around 100 pictures of everything. We went back down to our cabin to wait until serving time and fell asleep.:eek: WE did not get to taste anything they had on display. :( I almost cried. By the time we went on our 2nd cruise they no longer had the special buffet. I was really glad I took pictures. You never know when or if you will get a second chance at something. Take all the time and pictures you want and have a great time.

We eat out alot and my husband takes pics of his food all the time. He brags about them at work with all the guys. Snap away. Eating on a cruise is one of the best parts of the vacation. I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't like to look or talk about cruise food.

take pictures of your food?? *LOL* :D I love looking at food pics here and am planning on taking my own, but do other people look at you like you're a little nutso? :o

I honestly don't see anything strange about it at all. I've seen countless pictures of food on here. It's no different than wanting to be able to capture any other part of your cruise or any vacation. And if people didn't care about pictures of food, magazines like Bon Appetite would be out of business. I say you just can't care whether other people might think it's strange. You know how many pictures I've seen on here of toilets? But I don't think that is strange either. You pay good money for your cruise and each cruise you take is unique so take pictures of anything and everything.

We have people laughing at us way before we even get to dinner time, so by night 1, let them look and laugh away! That just means they wanna join us, and some do! its great...be a tourist and take pics of anything and everything u like. ( and then come back and show us, we love it!!!)

No, I EAT it!!

I guess we've cruised so much, we're not impressed enough to take pics of the food, but we still love it. And I put on weight every cruise just to prove it!!

That said, we took pictures of our food on a first class flight to Hawaii. Man, that food was AWESOME!

Wish I was eating cruise food right now,

Shay

I quit worrying about what other folks think a long time ago.:rolleyes: It is an amazing freedom. I can think of MANY behaviors exhibited by cruisers that would be way over the top for me, but not out of concern for offending others but only for myself. (I am trying to pick my words carefully here and not point fingers at any specific behaviors.)

SO - yes - you will see me w/ the camera and the food....and lord knows, what else.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

I haven't taken cruise pictures in a long time, but when I went to Europe, I took pictures of many of my meals. My grandparents always worry that I am not eating enough, and when I travel, they worry that I am trying to save money by not eating. So I take pictures as evidence that I do eat. Plus, the food out there is different than what I get here. And I don't just take pictures of the really expensive food, I stopped at a hot dog station and bought the most amazing hot dog for 1 euro. It had all sorts of toppings, I don't even know what it was, but it was great so I took a picture of it.

You are on YOUR vacation, right? Who cares what others think if you want pictures of your food? Let them try to explain to their friends and families when asked about the food they enjoyed, while you show your pictures to your friends and families!!! Besides, you'll never see these people again! So go for it!! And share your pictures with those of us that are interested in seeing them!

:cool:Bill

Archived