Party in cabin - HELP!

snowshh

I'm traveling with a group of eight friends and I booked all the travel. One passenger will be having a birthday during our cruise. I'm taking a B/D card but would love to decorate our cabin with crepe paper, etc and surprise him with everyone gathered inside. What could I do as far as a party snack in our room? Who would I contact to have this done?

I don't want such a bid deal but would like to do more than just sing "happy birthday" at dinner table. I've read that you can request a birthday cake (which has to be paid for seperately) - don't know if I want to go that route. Any advice, anyone???

Don't need alcohol at party.

Thanks!

You didn't mention which cruiseline.

I know Carnival has lots of different ideas for parties in cabins. You might check out the website. They have party trays of hors d'oeuvres and trays of sweets, as well. These are charged to your S&S account.

OR - you could go on deck and get lotsa pizza and bring back to the cabin!:D

I just celebrated my 50th birthday on the Grandeur. My DW had the room decorated with great birthday decorations. Go down to the pursers desk and ask about it. A birthday cake is also provided with the package. The cost was $29.00. You can find the decoration package in your Guest Vacation Documents. The decorations were terrific and I took some of them home with me to use again. Bon Voyage.

You could just order plates of cheese & crackers and sliced fruit from room service (free) - also, in the dining room, just request that the waiter put a candle on a piece of cake for the birthday person (also free).

• 1 month later...
I'm traveling with a group of eight friends and I booked all the travel. One passenger will be having a birthday during our cruise. I'm taking a B/D card but would love to decorate our cabin with crepe paper, etc and surprise him with everyone gathered inside. What could I do as far as a party snack in our room? Who would I contact to have this done?

I don't want such a bid deal but would like to do more than just sing "happy birthday" at dinner table. I've read that you can request a birthday cake (which has to be paid for seperately) - don't know if I want to go that route. Any advice, anyone???

Don't need alcohol at party.

Thanks!

You can go to Royal's website and purchase room decorations, cake, etc. online. They'll already have the room decorated before you board. We always do something like this for our friends when they go on a cruise. We typically go with the Bon Voyage decor. They love it!!!

• 3 months later...

When we told our waiter Selcuk (the best!) that we were celebrating my son's high school graduation, he had a cake decorated and brought it out at dinner (big enough for the 9 people at the table). The maitre'd also came to the table to congratulate Michael. We were not charged for the cake,

• 2 weeks later...

When I went to Alaska a few years ago, I was in a group that was celebrating 3 "significant" birthdays! The cruiseline did balloons on the door with a birthday sign and we had 3 birthday cakes, one on each birthday!! No extra charge for anything!

Archived