NOLA Hotels...

daisy7113

That's a significantly better price than I could find for March 20th.

Sorry, I can't help on the shuttle.

I was wondering, is your mother's cruise this June? If so, what cruise line? The Spirit leaves on a Sunday, but a Monday departure may mean less crowded ports of call since the schedule would be different from the others.

My mother's cruise leaves June 21st. She is sailing on the Carnival Triumph. This is a spur of the moment cruise with another lady from church and New Orleans is only an 8 hour drive.

My mother's cruise leaves June 21st. She is sailing on the Carnival Triumph. This is a spur of the moment cruise with another lady from church and New Orleans is only an 8 hour drive.

Sounds like fun. I wish New Orleans was only an 8 hour drive for us, but it is definitely closer than Miami. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Mardi Gras is early March 2011. Hotels are at a premium during that time.

We are cruising out of NOLA the week of Jazzfest April 2011 on the Carnival Triumph.(Its school vacation week up here in NH). We were able to get one night each pre and post cruise but the cost was at a premium as well. Most places want a four night minimum . Anybody else thinking of doing that departure - Saturday April 23- ?. We'd love to have company :)

Garry

Was this a special package? It looks like parking is $20/night. I'm starting to think cruising out of NOLA in March is a very bad idea. The Courtyard and Springhill at the convention center is showing $309/night.

Book a hotel on priceline (3-4 star will be less than $75 per night taxes included) then while on cruise and at hotel book machu picchu parking. This will save you a lot in the long run.

We will be on the April 23 2011 Triumph. I was wondering why hotel rates are so high, now I know. We usually don't stay in NO but out around the airport and rates are cheaper and is just more conveint to park at the port.

We will have our 2 teenage grandaughters with us. This is their 1st cruise.

Archived