NOLA Hotels...

daisy7113

Looking at the...

Omni Royal Orleans (St. Louis Street)

Marriott Pere

JW Marriott (Canal Street)

This is a pre-cruise stay. Want to be clost to the French Quarter and all the good places to eat.

Any reviews on these hotels??

Looking at the...

Omni Royal Orleans (St. Louis Street)

Marriott Pere

JW Marriott (Canal Street)

This is a pre-cruise stay. Want to be clost to the French Quarter and all the good places to eat.

Any reviews on these hotels??

Also looking at the Drury. I see a lot of cruisers stay there. We want to be able to walk to a lot of places and then just get a cab to the cruise pier.

If you haven't already done so, Tripadvisor.com will have recent reviews of all those properties. We're at the Place D'Armes prior to our cruise, it's not as upscale as the ones you listed but has local flavor and is right in the middle of the quarter (but not on Bourbon). Enjoy your vacation!:)

Also looking at the Drury. I see a lot of cruisers stay there. We want to be able to walk to a lot of places and then just get a cab to the cruise pier.

Its a couple of short blocks to the quarter, easy walk for me. I walked all over the French Qtr and we walked to the port. Took a cab back, the sidewalk was too rough on the wheels of our suitcases.

The 3 free drinks they make them very very strong. We gave away some of my sister's coupons, and everyone had so much to drink hard to give them away. They now have free finger food, replacing the nachoes and dip and veggies, now its egg rolls and chicken for the free happy hour. 24/7 the drink machines are free with coke.

We had a room on the 7th floor with 20 ft ceilings and thought the Drury was really pretty and a huge lcd tv and an hour of free long distance and we parked there the whole 9 days of our 4/5 B2B.

The 3 free drinks they make them very very strong. We gave away some of my sister's coupons, and everyone had so much to drink hard to give them away.

Fire, Richard enjoyed your sister's coupons. Thanks!

My daughter and I are staying at the Drury Inn before and after the Triumph's May 8 sailing. They have a new promotion for guests staying a Saturday night. Adding Sunday night is only $49.00.

Its a couple of short blocks to the quarter, easy walk for me. I walked all over the French Qtr and we walked to the port. Took a cab back, the sidewalk was too rough on the wheels of our suitcases.

The 3 free drinks they make them very very strong. We gave away some of my sister's coupons, and everyone had so much to drink hard to give them away. They now have free finger food, replacing the nachoes and dip and veggies, now its egg rolls and chicken for the free happy hour. 24/7 the drink machines are free with coke.

We had a room on the 7th floor with 20 ft ceilings and thought the Drury was really pretty and a huge lcd tv and an hour of free long distance and we parked there the whole 9 days of our 4/5 B2B.

Good Morning! Is it just called Drury French Quarter? Because I don't know if they have others near that area. Thanks!

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

hi we stayed at the pere marquette last year, i read that they just remodeled the lobby. we are going down in may and are debating whether to stay at the jw or the marriott new orleans . the pm was nice and close to the fq. i have read that it is overpriced compared to others. it is an older hotel and i think the other marriotts are newer. if anybody can give some feedback on these it would be great .thanks

None of the ones you listed, but we're staying at the Courtyard convention center location. Near the riverwalk, port and french quarter. Best of all $129.00 per night w/freeparking for the duration of our cruise:D.

How did you swing the free parking during your cruise? The website says parking is $20 a day. Not questioning that you have it...want to know how you got it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've cruised out of NOLA twice. first time stayed at Drury Inn.....had a wonderful stay...highly recommend it! But do not take a taxi from the port back to your car if it is raining (which was our case) ----it is very overpriced!!!! But the hotel is really wonderful!

2nd time Holiday Inn Superdome....not nearly as nice, terrible shuttle transportation, poor customer service, but nice-sized rooms.

Sorry I don't know about the others you mentioned.

We've always stayed at the Monteleone on Royal Street in the heart of the French Quarter. Never before a cruise but just for a general tourist-y visit :) The history of the place, the ambiance, the class all make it remarkable for us. Plus, you can snag a really good rate sometimes!

• 4 weeks later...

I've looked at Marriott and Drury webstes and they both show some pretty exorbitant per day parking charges at their downtown locations. Do they really let cruisers park for free for a 7 night cruise after spending one night in the hotel?

I realize space is at a premium in that area; everything is very close together and packed pretty tight. It's been many years since I was in new Orleans, but we stayed at the old Marriott on Canal St in 1978. It had(s?) a multi-level parking garage attached and, at the time, you could park for free. but that was 32 years ago.

We love Marriott's Springhill Suites and the price per night is great, but we don't want to have to pay to park the car for 7 nights while we're on the ship.

Obviously, we could CALL the hotel and ask:D (and we will) but I'm asking the experts here for now!

I've looked at Marriott and Drury webstes and they both show some pretty exorbitant per day parking charges at their downtown locations. Do they really let cruisers park for free for a 7 night cruise after spending one night in the hotel?

I realize space is at a premium in that area; everything is very close together and packed pretty tight. It's been many years since I was in new Orleans, but we stayed at the old Marriott on Canal St in 1978. It had(s?) a multi-level parking garage attached and, at the time, you could park for free. but that was 32 years ago.

We love Marriott's Springhill Suites and the price per night is great, but we don't want to have to pay to park the car for 7 nights while we're on the ship.

Obviously, we could CALL the hotel and ask:D (and we will) but I'm asking the experts here for now!

We are staying at the Drury Inn in November. I called and they said it would be $35 to park for our 1 night stay and the duration of the cruise. We are on a 5 night cruise. I think that is good considering it is $16 a night at the port.

• 4 weeks later...
If you haven't already done so, Tripadvisor.com will have recent reviews of all those properties. We're at the Place D'Armes prior to our cruise, it's not as upscale as the ones you listed but has local flavor and is right in the middle of the quarter (but not on Bourbon). Enjoy your vacation!:)

Agree 100% on Place D'Armes. Right in the middle of everything, but still a decent place to stay and the rates are great. ;)

If you're looking for something actually in the quarter, I always reccommend the Bourbon Orleans. It's on the corner of Bourbon Street and Orleans Street, but it's actually really quiet. It's charming and historic, and haunted. Ask me about that later lol. But it's really convenient to everything you want to do in the quarter. I think the regular rate is $120 a night, that's what we're looking at for October at least and about average for what we normally pay when we stay there. There is a $25 per day valet parking fee, but the valet is really professional and you have in and out priviliges 24 hours a day. If you want your car make sure you call the front desk about 15 minutes in advance though. The staff is fantastic and we always felt very taken care of. There is no free breakfast, but there is a little restaurant located inside, and of course you're walking distance from many places you can eat at.

Another good one, we stayed here during our last cruise, is the Country Inn and Suites. It's on Magazine street, across Canal Street from Decatur. It's beautiful, full of the old charm that all the historic hotels have down there and the staff is great. There is a continental breakfast and a little pantry area where you can buy snacks and drinks from 24 hours a day and a bar with discounted prices if you're staying in the hotel. I think we paid $90 something for it, but it's normally a little higher than that, valet parking was $30 a day with in and out priviliges 24 hours a day. I don't know if they offer any special parking rates for cruise passengers because we parked our car at my BF's aunt's house during the cruise.

A place I wouldn't 100% reccommend is Chateau Dupre. It's on Decatur, steps from Coyote Ugly and Hard Rock Cafe, and it's decent. For the area it's definitely one of the cheaper places to stay and we've stayed a few times, but I would rather stay somewhere else if possible..... It just doesn't live up the standards I expect from a historic hotel. It needs some improvements on the interior. But it does have a great little restaurant downstairs, open for lunch and dinner, there is no breakfast offered. But it's only a 5 minute walk to the open air cafe's and Cafe Du Monde so that's not a big deal. I will admit that the only times we've stayed there is during a peak season when it was the cheapest or only place we could find a room in the area. It's not horrible, just not great. But you can get a room for about $70-$80 including parking compared to over $100 at other places. The staff is great though, we went down for one of the Saints game this last season and they're all very proud of their city, I gave the valet guy a chunk of our king cake lol.

None of the ones you listed, but we're staying at the Courtyard convention center location. Near the riverwalk, port and french quarter. Best of all $129.00 per night w/freeparking for the duration of our cruise:D.

Was this a special package? It looks like parking is $20/night. I'm starting to think cruising out of NOLA in March is a very bad idea. The Courtyard and Springhill at the convention center is showing $309/night.

Was this a special package? It looks like parking is $20/night. I'm starting to think cruising out of NOLA in March is a very bad idea. The Courtyard and Springhill at the convention center is showing $309/night.

Mardi Gras is early March 2011. Hotels are at a premium during that time.

Mardi Gras is early March 2011. Hotels are at a premium during that time.

We're not going until the 20th, but there are still several hotels full and some of the prices are higher. I had checked the dates for Mardi Gras before booking the cruise since we didn't want to overlap with the main crowds.

I just booked the Courtyard New Orleans Convention Center for my mother's cruise in June. They have a cruise line package that you can select that includes: 1 nights stay, 7 days of parking for 1 vehicle, and breakfast for 2. Your cruise ticket or itinerary is required. It was $169 for a Sunday night stay.

I thought this would be a good deal since parking at the port was $16 a day.

I did not notice if there was a shuttle to the port or if they need to take a taxi. Does anyone know?

I just booked the Courtyard New Orleans Convention Center for my mother's cruise in June. They have a cruise line package that you can select that includes: 1 nights stay, 7 days of parking for 1 vehicle, and breakfast for 2. Your cruise ticket or itinerary is required. It was $169 for a Sunday night stay.

I thought this would be a good deal since parking at the port was $16 a day.

I did not notice if there was a shuttle to the port or if they need to take a taxi. Does anyone know?

That's a significantly better price than I could find for March 20th.

Sorry, I can't help on the shuttle.

I was wondering, is your mother's cruise this June? If so, what cruise line? The Spirit leaves on a Sunday, but a Monday departure may mean less crowded ports of call since the schedule would be different from the others.

If you're looking for something actually in the quarter, I always reccommend the Bourbon Orleans. It's on the corner of Bourbon Street and Orleans Street, but it's actually really quiet. It's charming and historic, and haunted. Ask me about that later lol. But it's really convenient to everything you want to do in the quarter. I think the regular rate is $120 a night, that's what we're looking at for October at least and about average for what we normally pay when we stay there. There is a $25 per day valet parking fee, but the valet is really professional and you have in and out priviliges 24 hours a day. If you want your car make sure you call the front desk about 15 minutes in advance though. The staff is fantastic and we always felt very taken care of. There is no free breakfast, but there is a little restaurant located inside, and of course you're walking distance from many places you can eat at.

*Jess*

I totally agree with you on the Bourbon Orleans. We spent our 30th anniversary there last July. We had brunch on the balcony overlooking the street. Too bad the mimosas and the Bloody Mary didn't go together well but the stay was great.

Jorge

I totally agree with you on the Bourbon Orleans. We spent our 30th anniversary there last July. We had brunch on the balcony overlooking the street. Too bad the mimosas and the Bloody Mary didn't go together well but the stay was great.

Jorge

Yep, this place is amazing. I love it so much, I feel at home there lol

Archived