Anyone else this crazy??

ntengwall

Ok, I'm going to blame it on my cabin fever since we just got 24 inches of snow and will be getting possibly 20 more tomorrow and also the fact that my ex husband is on some far off vacation in a warm place BUT...is it crazy that I want to start packing for my cruise that is 38 days away???

I just find it's comforting for me to have my head "there" instead of "here" LOL Anyone else pack that far out or have I truly lost it???:eek:

Ok, I'm going to blame it on my cabin fever since we just got 24 inches of snow and will be getting possibly 20 more tomorrow and also the fact that my ex husband is on some far off vacation in a warm place BUT...is it crazy that I want to start packing for my cruise that is 38 days away???

I just find it's comforting for me to have my head "there" instead of "here" LOL Anyone else pack that far out or have I truly lost it???:eek:

You have truly lost it.

You are crazy.

But if it makes you happy, pack away!

:) :D

Yeah--you're crazy...but don't pack yet! Everything will be wrinkled and creased....instead, just start trying on those summer clothes...and get them READY to pack!

I'm so sick of cold and snow...if I never see another flake, I'll be happy!

My husband bought me a new set of luggage for Christmas. Our next cruise is not until August. Yesterday we were sitting in the bedroom and I looked up and said I know but not yet ok?? My husband looked at me as if I'd lost it and said who are you talking to?? I said "my luggage ! It wants me to pack it!"

You want to talk about crazy ...LOL! ( we got 30 inches and it's on again tomarrow:eek:)

not crazy at all.

No, you are not crazy. I'm packed for my 3/11 cruise and have been since Feb 2. I got back from a cruise on Jan 30, decided to wash and repack immediately, only switching out a few things since I need some warm things for San Diego. I don't believe the stuff will be any more wrinkled than it would be sitting in a suitcase for 3 days before a cruise.

This is a first for me and I'm glad I got it out of the way. I know everything is in there that I need except for the straightening iron which I'll drop in at the last minute.

Go for it.

Gina

we started 2 weeks ago and are not going till may 30 you have to know what you need right have fun withe the kids, you will love it and so will they my grandkids 5/7 cant wait till we go. Gail:D:D:D

My husband bought me a new set of luggage for Christmas. Our next cruise is not until August. Yesterday we were sitting in the bedroom and I looked up and said I know but not yet ok?? My husband looked at me as if I'd lost it and said who are you talking to?? I said "my luggage ! It wants me to pack it!"

You want to talk about crazy ...LOL! ( we got 30 inches and it's on again tomarrow:eek:)

ROFL - that is hilarious, your luggage talking to you!!! :D

OP: I read on a different thread, to put an over-the-door clear shoe organizer up, and begin putting small things in it. That way you can see what you have, what you need, and can keep it all in one spot. I thought that was a great idea - our cruise isn't until May, but I've already picked up several travel size things. That might help to satisfy the urge to pack - but I am not sure if it will appease your luggage, if yours is talking to you too. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm crazy too, then. My cruise is still 2 months away but today I went through all those "extras" I like to take along....highlighter, binoculars, travel-size game, reading materials, etc. and put them in my luggage. We also have lots of snow and are expecting more tomorrow night, so cabin fever is rampant here as well!

If you think you're crazy, then I must be crazy and my mother that used to cruise must be crazy. We both like to pack way in advance. I think it's a good thing. To me it means you are soooo excited, you just can't wait to go. If there's anything you're worried about getting wrinkled, just keep it hung up and set it aside until you are ready to go.

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you deserve it and will cherish every moment from now until the day you return........

Have set our spare sitting room aside as our packing room. Everything goes in there once it is washed and I keep a list of what we have for myself DD and DH.

Everything is now there just got to get some meds. I keep going in to have a look. cant wait till I can shut the case and go, we leave in 24 days.

My cruise is on March 6. I started packing during my holiday shut down from work over the Christmas holidays. I've unpacked and repacked since then, and will a few more times - the final time when I iron everything. I'm just extending my vacation!! I'm crazier than you are!!

I have my carry-on packed for a land based vacation to Kauai next month. With the temperatures being in the low 30's here I don't think there's any chance I'm going to need my shorts and T-shirts I've packed for the next few weeks.

We start "organizing" 6 - 8 weeks before we leave. In our house that means the kids won't be having Sunday dinner with us because we put everything we're planning on taking on the dining room table.

Nothing actually goes in a suitcase until 2 or 3 days before we're leaving, but it's all there, just waiting. Once we're ready to pack, I get out my list and determine what I actually need. Once the required things are packed, I may add a couple of items but I try to stick to the list. That way I don't overpack & bring things I won't wear and don't need. I used to pack a lot of "just in case" things but finally smartened up and stopped doing that.

I do not think you are crazy at all. Especially that you are packing summer clothing which you will NOT be wearing. I think they will wrinkle the same way if you pack them a week or a month a head of time.

You can also start packing some of your toiletries :D

Now I don't feel so bad...Every time I see a neat idea on here..ie: the shoe holder, highlighter and the ginger, I've put them on a table...DH finally got me a "glacier box" to put this stuff in. I've got more to do but I figured if I do a little at a time it would be better.

I figured if I'm this excited now, can you imagine how I'll be just before we go? I'll be sure to forget stuff then.

And this is for the cruise in JUNE!!

Since we are empty nesters, we keep our "cruise wear" in our spare bedroom dresser. After each cruise I clean it and put it back in their own drawers and just pull out the suitcases and dump it in when we are ready to go again. I could be ready for a cruise in 15 minutes.

Why would packing it get it more wrinkled than sitting in a drawer? I say GO FOR IT!

Archived