Can I sell a cruise?

ovie08

I booked flights and cruise, everyone here helped a lot...

but my girlfriend and I have broken up. Not getting back together.

The cruise is on CARNIVAL GLORY 03/07/10 (balcony suite random room)

With insurance I paid

$ 1706.08

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving from Buffalo a day before (arriving in Ft Lauderdale @ 2:17PM)

06 Mar 10 1119 Buffalo, NY (BUF) 11:05am Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) 02:17pm

Price : 498.00 2 PPL

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then return back to Toronto on...

Wed, Mar 17 Flights: WESTJET, WS 1141 From: MIAMI INTERNTNL, FL (MIA) Departs: 3:00pm To: TORONTO ON, CANADA (YYZ) Arrives: 5:51pm

Price : 216.00 2 PPL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total flight cost : 714

Total everything : 2420

The reason we decided to fly back home on March 17 is because it was the cheapest flight and its nice to stay in Miami for a few days.

This is a pretty custom trip but I am not sure what to do here...

Anyone with some info please let me know.

Operators, can you let me know if you have to delete this first, so I can copy it for another website such as kijiji or craigslist

Thanks

Its unlikely you can sell your girlfriends portion, since one person must remain in the cabin.

I doubt breaking up with g/f is a covered reason, but if you have cancel for any reason, it might cover most (75% typically), but you probably bought cheaper insurance, so read the policy.

If you booked another fare other than early saver, then for $50 you can do a name change for your g/f. Early saver, you are out of luck.

In theory, if he wanted, could he change one name the first day and then change the second name the next? It would always have someone booked in the room, but would still serve his purpose.

If nothing else, take a friend or something. :)

You can't do the double switcheroo

You have to leave at least one of the original passengers in the room

You can always go yourself, it is paid and you'll reduce your loss by 50%.

Hmmm... Interesting way to look at it. I see the cruise and air fare as sunk costs. They're gone whether he goes or not. If he goes, he'll incur other expenses - bar tab, hotel, meals in Miami, incidentals. The real question then, is does the enjoyment of a cruise (alone or with a buddy paying his own way), merit the incremental cost. That's the only part of payment he has a choice about at this stage.

Find a friend and go. Glory is a great ship! If you can't find a friend, take mom, she would love it. If I weren't already going to be on a ship on the 7th, I would volunteer! ;)

x2. There's got to be someone, such a friend or relative that would be willing to go. Even if they can't cover their entire half, if they're willing to pay for something it's certainly better than nothing!

Or, this could be a great pickup line, "Hey baby, how would you like to go on a cruise with me?"

Yep, I think the majority are right on this one. You will probably have to go by urself or with a friend if you don't want to totally lose all the money you paid. You should go......my friend met her b/f on a cruise and they've been together for a year. I know, I'm talking like a girl..........you could meet that rebound girl.......is that dude enough?

As others have said, her name can be changed for a small fee (unless early saver, etc). However, I don't think you can change a name on an airline ticket. You might be able to get a refund (if refundable) and have whoever goes buy an airline ticket. If not refundable, not sure if a credit can be used by anyone other than the original passenger.

You've already paid for it. For very little extra, change her name.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a little freaky :eek: to go on a FREE cruise with you :D

I am not freaky - just old but I would go with you in a heart beat - it would only take me 18 hours to drive from Northerwestern Ontario and I am in. Let me know where to meet you. Only kidding - take a friend - if they don't want to pay full price you will still not be out the full amount. Negotiate. Don't let this stop you from going and having a blast - it will be good for the soul. Then give her the finger as you go off sailing into the beautiful Carribean. Not really but it does feel good - eh.

Thanks guys

ill probably end up going...

I need to pay her out though (her portion) if I have a friend coming.

Otherwise if neither of us go, we will have to figure out the money situation.

What a mess...

hopefully there is single ladies lol

I say you go and offer the exgirlfriends portion of the trip to family and friends at a discounted flat rate (ie: $500 for everything and they pay for the name change fee also), that way you still get to go and maybe you don't lose all the money for her half. Just a thought...

Archived