What things am i forgetting?

wendiebear

I am creating my budget for the cruise as we are getting our tax money this week and want to get somethings paid off and paid for in advance.

I plan to pre pay for onboard credit, and set aside money for taxi from hotel to port, hotel cost, flight, and of course the cruise. I wont get this all done but want to have a start.

Few questions for budget for 4 day majesty cruise. I am figuring about 100pp/day. Out of this i am looking at drinks i figure for me and hubby a total of 7 to 8 mixed drinks a day. I am also wondering about the coke card i know this would be 24 + tax for me as i like coke and can easily drink 2-3 cans a day and like the idea of not having to go back to cabin for a can.

How much can i figure for taxi from pier to MIA?

I found a cheap hotel that offers airport and pier transfer, but i want to be at the port around 1030-11 to be one of the first on. Is this possible with pre-arranged hotel shuttle.

We will also be getting in late, our plane will land around midnight.

Thanks in advance,

Wendie - newbie cruiser

The canned cokes in our stateroom were $1.95 each plus gratuity. If you drink alot of coke, you might want to get the soda package then.

We did the transfer from the Miami airport to the port thru RCCL and it was $15.80/pp. We got there too early to board the ship, so we just waited at the airport for the RCCL transfer. If you are staying at a hotel the night before, just check with that hotel on transport to the port and the time frame. We took a taxi back to the airport from the port on last day of the cruise, cause our flight was leaving early and we had to do express departure. That was $25.00.

Enjoy your cruise. I know I did....

And as others have posted on here "Bring Money, Lots of Money" LOL.... Seriously, it's all well worth it, whatever it costs. Remember, "You only live once", so live it up!

Welcome to Cruise Critic, one tip I learned here on CC, was to start a cruise jar, with your change. You will have about 6 months based upon your count down clock. We usually use it for our gambling money.

Your drinks will go on your Sea Pass Card, there will be no actual $$ used during your cruise except for gambling or purchases during tours if not using a Credit Card.

My one tip is to set up a cruise folder or something and place your documents in it so its all in one place including Pass Ports, then your not running around gathering everything up.

How much can i figure for taxi from pier to MIA?

$24

I found a cheap hotel that offers airport and pier transfer, but i want to be at the port around 1030-11 to be one of the first on. Is this possible with pre-arranged hotel shuttle.

I doubt it and it depends on the company the hotel uses. I stayed at the Comfort Inn, right by the airport. The shuttle was $11 and came at set times. I had to sign up the night before. The first one that left was 11am. I was literally onboard the Majesty by 11:45, wine in my hand. :)

Set price for Miami airpot to port and vise versa is now $24 per taxi up to 4 people I believe. At any rate a taxi will be less expensive than RCI's transfers and will be quicker too. If your hotel is near the port, then the price of a taxi from MIA to your hotel should be close to the $24 price. Then add a few bucks tip. No need to be at the pier before 11 AM. Be sure to bring a lot of dollar bills for tips for taxis and tour operaters in the ports and for tips to the server if you use room service. If you need more cash on board, you can write one $200 check to be cashed at no charge at the Guest Relations desk. But unless you gamble there will be no cash used on board as everything else goes on your SeaPass card.

Regarding your drink budget. Last month on the Freedom the “fruity drink of the day” was $8.95. With 15% tip that came to over 10 per drink. This may factor in if that type of drink is your preference. Wine was $ 6-12 per glass and I don’t recall the price of beer or other mixed drinks.

Excursions – either from the ship or private will run in the neighborhood of $35-100 per person depending on what you select.

Have a wonderful cruise.

M

I would like to have OBC before we leave on the cruise is it possible to call and have them do like 100 a month so its like free money, i want our seapass bill to be almost nothing at final even though i know that is how you pay for everything

Archived