Confused on airflight cancelation

Beach Girl

How does Royal Caribbean handle your Cruise refund because of airflight cancelation and you can't get to the port and also the airlines cancelation policy? I did purchase Cruise Care insurance but the rest of my party didn't How would this work for them? Hope that I am explaining my questions cearly

Reading, PA All airflights were canceled Tuesday & Wednesday out of Philadelphia because of snowstorm here Cruising on 2/20 Independence of the Seas and there is always a possibility of another Snow storm until then

Maybe someone who has experience here will give you a definitive answer, but I tend to agree with cb. It's not RCCL's problem if you can't get to the ship, unfortunately. If that flight had taken off but you couldn't make it because maybe your car was buried in snow, I don't imagine the airline would say, "Sorry you missed your flight, here's your money back."

:(

How does Royal Caribbean handle your Cruise refund because of airflight cancelation and you can't get to the port and also the airlines cancelation policy? I did purchase Cruise Care insurance but the rest of my party didn't How would this work for them? Hope that I am explaining my questions cearly

Reading, PA All airflights were canceled Tuesday & Wednesday out of Philadelphia because of snowstorm here Cruising on 2/20 Independence of the Seas and there is always a possibility of another Snow storm until then

Have you talked to RCCL? All insurace is a little different on how they handle claims and the reasons covered. As for your guest it wouldn't hurt to ask if they will give them some relief but I don't believe they will do much.

Shak

You must call RCCL directly...no one on this board is going to have the exact info you are looking for other than them...Good Luck..and sorry for your situation but really sorry for those in your group that didn't take out insurance....Why ???:confused::confused:

With the CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver, if your plans go awry and you cancel - or interrupt - your cruise vacation (for specified reasons), Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises will waive the non-refundable cancellation provision of your cruise ticket contract and pay you IN CASH the value of the unused portion of your prepaid cruise vacation.

In addition, should you or your traveling companion need to cancel for "any other reason", you may be eligible for CRUISE CREDITS - up to 75% of the non-refundable, prepaid cruise vacation cost.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/vacationProtectionPlan.do

For additional details, click here.

If they miss the ship then their option would be to fly to the first port. I believe the airline only has to get them to the original destination, they would need to pay the additional amount to fly on in order to meet the ship.

I believe the others can still purchase trip insurance up until two days before, check out www.insuremytrip.com. It may be an option that could save a lot of heartaches.

We have had a trip delay three times in the month of February, fortunately two times it amounted to a two day extension at the end of each vacation. Both times the trip insurance paid for just about everything.

I'm guessing the airlines will waive the change fee ($100 - $150 or so per person) and allow another flight date in the future. Usually, you you can re-book within a year of your original flight date. Insurance really wouldn't matter. The mid-Atlantic airports had (probably) thousands of cancelled flights this past week, and airports were closed for several days. You might have to pay a fare difference, but it's worth a try to call therm (if you can get through!) Good luck!

I'm guessing the airlines will waive the change fee ($100 - $150 or so per person) and allow another flight date in the future. Usually, you you can re-book within a year of your original flight date. Insurance really wouldn't matter. The mid-Atlantic airports had (probably) thousands of cancelled flights this past week, and airports were closed for several days. You might have to pay a fare difference, but it's worth a try to call therm (if you can get through!) Good luck!

Generally speaking, when flights are cancelled due to weather related reasons, the airlines owe you nothing. However, the recent (and continuing) snowstorms are SO bad and cover such an extensive area that I know Delta (and probably others) is indeed allowing refunds for cancelled flights, and also waiving the change fee, even for flights that aren't cancelled.

Generally speaking, when flights are cancelled due to weather related reasons, the airlines owe you nothing. However, the recent (and continuing) snowstorms are SO bad and cover such an extensive area that I know Delta (and probably others) is indeed allowing refunds for cancelled flights, and also waiving the change fee, even for flights that aren't cancelled.

Wait Meg, when a flight is cancelled due to weather they won't put you up overnight, but you still have the value of your ticket.

Wait Meg, when a flight is cancelled due to weather they won't put you up overnight, but you still have the value of your ticket.

You're right, you do have that. But in terms of whatever else you might miss (i.e. a cruise), you're out of luck as far as the airlines are concerned. I was just trying to point out that the massiveness of this series of storms has made the airlines adjust their normally rigid policies on change fees.

You're right, you do have that. But in terms of whatever else you might miss (i.e. a cruise), you're out of luck as far as the airlines are concerned. I was just trying to point out that the massiveness of this series of storms has made the airlines adjust their normally rigid policies on change fees.

Ahh, ic. sorry I misunderstood

If they miss the ship then their option would be to fly to the first port. I believe the airline only has to get them to the original destination, they would need to pay the additional amount to fly on in order to meet the ship.

I believe the others can still purchase trip insurance up until two days before, check out www.insuremytrip.com. It may be an option that could save a lot of heartaches.

We have had a trip delay three times in the month of February, fortunately two times it amounted to a two day extension at the end of each vacation. Both times the trip insurance paid for just about everything.

They might sell them a policy but if they submitted a claim due to the bad weather I would bet they'd get denied.

That's like getting into a car accident and then buying insurance.

Bill

They might sell them a policy but if they submitted a claim due to the bad weather I would bet they'd get denied.

Bill

That's correct. Once a storm has been predicted to hit either your departure point or a point on your itinerary it's not insurable. The insurers won't bet against a sure thing.

Bill

In either case the insurer might even request prosecution for insurance fraud. :eek:

Archived