To CC shuttle or not to shuttle?

holdon216

Plane lands in Orlando at 8:47am. WE HOPE!!! The difference between renting a car for the two of us or taking the shuttle is not that big a difference. The CC shuttle being about 20 dollars more. My question is: Will Carnival have us waiting around for possibly hours to fill up a shuttle bus? That would be a pain in the :eek:.

Anyone ever land early and have to wait hours to get on the shuttle? Would much rather spend the extra time exploring the ship.

Plane lands in Orlando at 8:47am. WE HOPE!!! The difference between renting a car for the two of us or taking the shuttle is not that big a difference. The CC shuttle being about 20 dollars more. My question is: Will Carnival have us waiting around for possibly hours to fill up a shuttle bus? That would be a pain in the :eek:.

Anyone ever land early and have to wait hours to get on the shuttle? Would much rather spend the extra time exploring the ship.

Yes, you will have to wait. Rent a car. It takes 45 minutes to get to CC from MCO and the car rental places will shuttle you to the port.

Yes, you will have to wait. Rent a car. It takes 45 minutes to get to CC from MCO and the car rental places will shuttle you to the port.

Depends on how full shuttle is when YOU get on. You might be the last people on and it will leave. I would rent a car, if you want to stop somewhere before boarding you can do so....:rolleyes:

The question is where do you want to wait. At the airport or at the pier. MOC is not a bad airport to wait in, so I might do the shuttle option. Check with Carnival, the first shuttle is probably not before 10 and maybe even 11.

Thanks all. Do you think Carnival would know what time the first shuttle leaves Orlando Airport? They tend to sometimes fudge the truth....

The first shuttle will leave the airport after it arrives from the pier and dumps off the departing passengers and fills up with the arriving ones.

We didn't wait hardly at all..matter of fact, there were only about 20 of us or so on the bus when it headed to FLL from MIA. No more than 20 minutes or so.

The 'trick' is to try and arrive as close to the first shuttle as possible..which I believe is 12:30..if you check the carnival website it should tell you...

If you take the shuttle back to the airport..there is a trick to limiting your wait period as well. Wait for the final disembark call for self debark passengers...it will minimize your wait time. At least on the Freedom, once the self debarkers were clear, they pulled up the gangway to allow them to get thru customs before they started calling other sections.

Good point on the first shuttle bringing people from the pier. NOW, i would guess they dont fill that bus at the pier till say...9am??? Takes approx 45-60 minutes to get to Airport from The Cape. Now, they need to refill that shuttle making it say......10:30-11am at the earliest. Rent a car seems to be the way to go.

I don't know about anyone else, but when we are on vacation we do not want to wait on anyone or anything.;) All we want is to get to the cruise as quick as possible. We would rent a car. We are flying into MIA on the 6th of March and will take a taxi from MIA to the port.

Happy sailing..........:D

Good point on the first shuttle bringing people from the pier. NOW, i would guess they dont fill that bus at the pier till say...9am??? Takes approx 45-60 minutes to get to Airport from The Cape. Now, they need to refill that shuttle making it say......10:30-11am at the earliest. Rent a car seems to be the way to go.

Orlando airport has a LOT of great places to hang out...it's one of the prettiest airports in my opinion.

We had passengers waiting on the bus for almost an hour after they debarked the ship.. the drive from FLL to MIA airport was about 40 minutes, and I believe we were there by about 10:30.... I remember we were able to change our flight to one before noon to get home.

Also, where are you going to return the car at the Cape?

Several agencys have 1 way drop off at the Cape (With free shuttle to the pier).

Do they?!!?! Seriously? Would love it if you would share! I've got family in Cocoa, and would much rather she pick me up at the port( or near the port) than the airport?!!?

I know you can return the car to a different airport..but that info is news to me.. Please share!!

Archived