Pickup Car at Miami Airport, Return to Port? Shuttles?

I have a car rental set up through a popular bidding website and will be picking it up at MIA airport. Has anybody ever been able to return their car to the rental agencies at the port? It seems like they're affiliated, or connected.

If not, do some of the rental agencies have shuttles that could take us to the port, or are we better off taking the shuttle back to the airport and get a taxi? I just want to cut down on the running around if possible.

I have a car rental set up through a popular bidding website and will be picking it up at MIA airport. Has anybody ever been able to return their car to the rental agencies at the port? It seems like they're affiliated, or connected.

If not, do some of the rental agencies have shuttles that could take us to the port, or are we better off taking the shuttle back to the airport and get a taxi? I just want to cut down on the running around if possible.

There is usually a dropoff charge when returning it to a location other than the one you picked it up from...Most rental companys will have a shuttle to the port.. Best to check with the company you will be using for their exact info...Good luck and enjoy !!!

I have done this twice when cruising out of miami. On neither occasion have we been charged a fee for a different dropoff location. It is my understanding that Florida has so much of this it is expected. You will need to speak with the rental agency before you do it though. I know Hertz has a location in downtown Miami where you need to bring the car but it is tough to find. They will shuttle you for free to the airport. The other agency, I believe it was Enterprise, you actually drop off the car at the off airport location and they shuttle you on a bus for free. There is actually a bus stop at the agency for port transport.

Archived