Do you bring games on your cruise?

MaiTaiMary

My wife and I spend hours playing Scrabble. We have a Travel Scrabble set which comes in a case about 9 inches by 4.5 inches. It is easy to pack you can fold it away mid game and resume at a later time and it does eat up some of the quieter moments.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have only been on one cruise so far but I brought dominos and a cribbage board. We used them them quite often and I am going to bring both on our next cruise. I also carry two decks of cards with me, one just for cribbage and one for everything else.

Michele

I brought one of those multiple-games-in-one travel game sets (chess, checkers, parcheesi, etc.). Also had a deck of cards and cribbage board. They're also useful for the plane trip to the cruise port!

On our TA in Nov. 2008, DDP and I had the hardest time finding card decks that were complete (49-card pickup just isn't as fun) or finding Scrabble that had all the letters (nothing like having the U, I, and Z only to find out the Q is missing). Plus there were so many people coming into the game room and taking the games to their cabins (mostly kids, but I didn't see adults returning them too quickly).

So we bought a travel Scrabble. Haven't used it yet, but it's on the packing list for the next cruise.

--Michael

Do you bring any games aboard to play on your cruise? I don't mean big, bulky board games, but like playing card games or something of the like. :)

Any recommendations for a fun and "easy to pack" game to bring?

we took uno on our last cruise

We always bring cards, travel cribbage board and Bananagrams with us.

I never thought to bring a jigsaw puzzle. I wonder if i set it up on one of the tables in the card room, if i could leave it there the whole time. It'd kinda be cool if anyone who happened upon it, worked on it a bit. kind of a community project. Or would the cleaning staff put it away each night???

W247... I love Catch Phrase. I bet if we had a couple other ppl playing it too, before long others passing by might join in!

ETA: I can't imagine using a deck of cards from the ship (or any game for that matter) that thousands of grubby paws had manhandled. *shudder*

• 2 weeks later...

MY DH and I bring card games FLUXX, UNO, 5 Crowns, for down time in cabin. We also have mini magnetic travel games.(They fit in my purse) Now to teach him the game backgammon..:D My search a word book for the plane ride.

Alrana

On the one cruise that we travelled with another family, we brought our own mahjong set from home. Any other Chinese passenger that passed by was wondering if the set was our own or from the ship. I have heard that some ship's game room actually has it but I have not seen yet in my travels or not that I recall. Anyway, a full size mahjong set weighs a ton and is not practical to bring along.

Our last cruise was a 10 night so I looked online and found a travel set. Light as can be and cute too but not as practical to play with. Still, works great for travel purposes. That is going with us this time too!

Will probably also bring Uno, our own deck of cards and maybe a travel version of Pictionary or at least just the cards that come with it.

We always bring travel Yahtzee...just five dice, a cup and a pad to pack. (I know it can be loud and obnoxious to other passengers when the dice rattle around in the cup, so I've actually glued some thick fabric to the inside of the cup to keep the noise down.)

Archived