Grand Princess

scott mencer

Happy to hear you enjoyed your sailing. I have sailed on both RCI and Princess many times, and it has amazed me in the past when many compare the two and say they are about the same type of cruising exprience. We find them totally different and Princess wins the race by a mile, in our opinion. ;)

Just got back from being on the Grand Princess for 2 weeks and it was an excellent trip. Probably the best cruise my wife and I been on. After 10 years on Royal Carribean, Princess has won our business.

Happy to hear you enjoyed your cruise. We were on the Grand with you and had a wonder full time.

This is the second year in a row we've done this itinerary on the Grand and are seriously considering doing it again in 2011.

Lew

Happy to hear you enjoyed your sailing. I have sailed on both RCI and Princess many times, and it has amazed me in the past when many compare the two and say they are about the same type of cruising exprience. We find them totally different and Princess wins the race by a mile, in our opinion. ;)

I agree. I actually think Holland is a better close comparison with Princess.

Just curious. When was the last time you sailed the Grand?

Dave & Kathy,

We were on the Grand's January 29th sailing. Air temperature was not an issue for us in either of the two anytime dining rooms. We were always quite comfortable.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

OK I'm sat here in my shorts and DW is wearing about 500 layers! I know that's too much information, but it does serve a purpose on this reply!!! When I read the comment about cold in Da Vinci I was absolutely aghast, but DW says that she was only warm when she wore a pashmina or Jacket, so there you go!

Just got off the Grand and the Anytime dining room on deck 6 was a meat locker the entire cruise! Many diners intentionally wore sweaters just to stay comfortable.
Hope they turn the 'air' off on our Transatlantic in April.. :eek: We may need the furnace turned on! :D ;) :rolleyes:

Hope they turn the 'air' off on our Transatlantic in April.. :eek: We may need the furnace turned on! :D ;) :rolleyes:

Who knows what they intend to do about the situation. People were complaining for the whole 2 week cruise about it & nothing was done while we were there. A few nights when there was nothing interesting on the menu we just ate at the buffet. Much faster & warmer (with back round music).

Some evenings it took 2 hours to complete dinner in the the Da Vinvi DR. We found the service to be very slow to our liking.

Who knows what they intend to do about the situation. People were complaining for the whole 2 week cruise about it & nothing was done while we were there. A few nights when there was nothing interesting on the menu we just ate at the buffet. Much faster & warmer (with back round music).

Some evenings it took 2 hours to complete dinner in the the Da Vinvi DR. We found the service to be very slow to our liking.

I really can't imagine that they couldn't do anything about a situation like that..?? :eek: Maybe all the Maintenance personnel 'jumped ship' in the Caribbean... ;) :p

Just got back from being on the Grand Princess for 2 weeks and it was an excellent trip. Probably the best cruise my wife and I been on. After 10 years on Royal Carribean, Princess has won our business.

Scott...

Welcome to Princess cruising!

So glad to hear you enjoyed our most traveled ship! We have always enjoyed the Grand.

Have sailed three times on the Grand and had Martin and Stu each time. On again in September it would be nice to have a change just to see how the entertainment is organised by different CD's and ACD's. However, have to say they did arrange an excellent sailaway from Gibralter it was geat fun.

Julie

Have sailed three times on the Grand and had Martin and Stu each time. On again in September it would be nice to have a change just to see how the entertainment is organised by different CD's and ACD's. However, have to say they did arrange an excellent sailaway from Gibralter it was geat fun.

Julie

Oh, they did their job's OK but they're so dry. Maybe it's just the English humor that I can't see past. They didn't say when they were going to leave for a vacation.

Archived