PLEASE tell me this is not true

letscruiseagain

I just read a post on the family boards where folks are going bring small

inflatables pools for their young 18months. The are inquiring on inflating

them on the lido deck then request staff fill them on on the lido deck.

Will Carnival really allow this? It would appear to me to be a possible issue

to other guest???

Has anyone seen this done on Carnival cruises?

to other guest???

Yes, they allow the pools because they do not allow diapered children in the pools (for sanitary reasons) so some folks bring their own little pools for their babies to play in.

to other guest???

I've heard of people doing it. But not of having the staff fill them up. They empty the water into a drain when they are finished so it does not go back into the pool.

I too have read about it and saw it on our last cruise. The best way to do it when going that route seems to be by filling the pool with water from the pool showers and then emptying them in the shower when they are done.

Personally it doesn't bother me one bit, these pools are very small, not much bigger than the circumference of an average umbrella. I would much rather see parents follow the rules of no diapered babies in the pool, plus as long as the mini pool is not blocking the aisle who's it hurting? The babies deserve to have some pool fun too:)!

Just let the kids go in the regular pool. Who cares about a little pee? I am sure plenty of lazy adults do it...

LOL! You know, it's funny, because you get a LOT of feedback (all negative) when you post about allowing babies in the pools. But it has occurred to me that no one seems to mind that ADULTS pee in pools also. Not that I would EVER pee in a pool (the ocean is a different story, LOL), but you danged well know it happens.

LOL! You know, it's funny, because you get a LOT of feedback (all negative) when you post about allowing babies in the pools. But it has occurred to me that no one seems to mind that ADULTS pee in pools also. Not that I would EVER pee in a pool (the ocean is a different story, LOL), but you danged well know it happens.

All the time I'm sure..

When DS was 18 months we brought a little blow up pool and filled it for him to play it. We did not have it on the lido deck however, we took it to the top deck at the back of the Freedom and just moved a deck chair...the pool actually took up less room than the deck chair did. We got a beer bucket from the bar and made SEVERAL trips with water but it was worth it because DS had a great time and DH and I were able to enjoy the sun as well. We were out of every one's way, and several people commented on how it was such a good idea. As long as parent are being courteous to the other passengers and keeping the pool out of the way I don't see it as a problem. JMO

At the risk of starting up WWIII, the issue seems to be not with pee, but with poop in the diaper- possible e coli bacteria exposure... :cool:

True that, but I cannot fathom any parent that would take the baby in the pool knowing poop is in the diaper--though, I know, it takes all types. But, I guess if the kid poops and you cannot yank him/her out of the pool before contamination occurs that would be another story. You would think that the chlorine in the pool would take care of the minute exposure. Though I've never considered, do they chlorinate the pools on board? I know they chlorinate the spas, you can smell it. I would guess the answer is yes.

An inflatable pool is the last thing I would want to bring with me on a cruise! Of course there are people who would bring every item they own if they could.

Do you own an infant? It's actually a pretty handy item if you own an infant..

When DS was 18 months we brought a little blow up pool and filled it for him to play it. We did not have it on the lido deck however, we took it to the top deck at the back of the Freedom and just moved a deck chair...the pool actually took up less room than the deck chair did. We got a beer bucket from the bar and made SEVERAL trips with water but it was worth it because DS had a great time and DH and I were able to enjoy the sun as well. We were out of every one's way, and several people commented on how it was such a good idea. As long as parent are being courteous to the other passengers and keeping the pool out of the way I don't see it as a problem. JMO

It would be SOOOO wonderful if all parents were like you. Thank you for being so considerate :)

Archived