The Search Has Finally Ended !!!!!

Gottacruise3

Sony Cybershot DSC-TX1. Did I do good?

The most important thing is that it works for you, but that aside the DSC-TX1 is part of a new wave of cameras that have some really neat tricks that improve lowlight. I sure wish I had one of the more modern P&S, "non professional" cameras as P&S seem to be allowed now into almost anything but DSLR are highly restricted.

Here is one postive review: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/DSCTX1/DSCTX1A.HTM

I think you done real good. Got one myself, in fact. :)

I recently came into a situation where one became available to me slightly used for a ridiculous price, so though I was perfectly happy with my T100 as my ultracompact backup to my DSLR, I found it rather impossible to turn down the offer ($130, with original box and all parts). So I picked it up at the end of January, and got a chance to play with it the past 20 days or so...wonderful little cam. There's no way you can describe quite how small it is to folks who haven't seen it or held it...my T100 ultracompact looks like a tank next to it. Great build, good looks, super-pocketable, and throw in some really neat tricks for improved high ISO and most importantly the brilliant Twilight mode...and you've got a winner.

I only have a limited gallery so far with the cam - from a Disney vacation - but feel free to look through my TX1 gallery - I'll update it as I take more:

http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg/sony_tx1&page=all

I think you done real good. Got one myself, in fact. :)

I recently came into a situation where one became available to me slightly used for a ridiculous price, so though I was perfectly happy with my T100 as my ultracompact backup to my DSLR, I found it rather impossible to turn down the offer ($130, with original box and all parts). So I picked it up at the end of January, and got a chance to play with it the past 20 days or so...wonderful little cam. There's no way you can describe quite how small it is to folks who haven't seen it or held it...my T100 ultracompact looks like a tank next to it. Great build, good looks, super-pocketable, and throw in some really neat tricks for improved high ISO and most importantly the brilliant Twilight mode...and you've got a winner.

I only have a limited gallery so far with the cam - from a Disney vacation - but feel free to look through my TX1 gallery - I'll update it as I take more:

http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg/sony_tx1&page=all

Great photos, Thankyou.

Can I ask a quick question? I needed a new camera so I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3. Do the camera people think this is a decent camera? I would love a semi-professional camera but I know I would never take the time to really learn what it can do and only use it for vacations and special occassions. Is it an ok camera? Thanks for your help.

Can I ask a quick question? I needed a new camera so I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3. Do the camera people think this is a decent camera? I would love a semi-professional camera but I know I would never take the time to really learn what it can do and only use it for vacations and special occassions. Is it an ok camera? Thanks for your help.

The ZS3 is well-regarded as an excellent compact superzoom. It is getting increasingly hard to buy a truly bad camera, but you are far, far away from bad with this one.

Good choice! Now...get out there and use it!:D

Dave

Ditto what Dave said...the ZS3 has gotten solid reviews and many raves from owners - great lens and solid compact camera. Not much out there is bad anymore, but the ZS3 gets strong reviews even among a good, competitive crowd...it should serve you very well.

I think that's the one I bought my wife for Christmas. She loves it. I haven't used it much myself. The reviews I had read said you could fiddle with settings for each shot and perhaps get better pics out of competing Canons. However, in Auto mode, this Lumix is the best.

I bought one just after Christmas and I have been very happy with it. I love the big lens and the small body. I'm sure that you will love it too.

N.

Archived