Are 2 cruises a year excessive for most?

gerry48

hi, wife and I just got off our first cruise ever last week. we did splendor from long beach to mexico.

everything we hoped for and more. food was only thing that was not as good as we expected but that would not deter us from going again.

we usually do more active vacations like vegas,disneyworld etc but found the cruise to be as much fun and a super stress reliever.

we are considering another cruise in october but that is only 6 months away. do many other people find this cruising thing relaxing yet exciting enough to do 2 cruises a year?

Cruising twice a year is really a good way to keep your energy high throughout the year. I try to cruise at least twice a year. The summer is for family and friends, the fall is for me time, solo all the way. If you can do it, go for it:D

I say if you like to cruise and you can afford to cruise more than once a year..go for it.

I would love to be able to afford to cruise more than one time a year. I have only been on one and have one booked for December..

if i could only win the lottery...i would stay on a cruise ship. I am hooked..LOL

Bill and I love cruising. We find cruising to be very relaxing, the ports interesting, the dining great and the activities fun. However, once every five years seems to be enough or else it becomes the same old, same old.

There are a lot of other ways to holiday and relax. Train travel, all inclusives, bus tours, road trips and so on. The world is full of a lot of interesting, wondrous sights other than those close to the water.

We just finished a 15 day Panama cruise, loved every moment of it, but we have filled our cruising appetite for a while. We will definitely cruise again, but not for a few years. There are other things to see and do.

Pearl

We like to cruise, but would never want to restrict ourselves to just cruising. Since we're still working, we have limited vacation time and can't do everything we want. I'd never give up a ski trip, my favorite type of vacation, for a cruise--and there are lots of places I want to visit that aren't on the water. Plus, our DS, DDIL, and beloved granddaughters live in Germany, so we have to save vacation time to visit them. In fact, we're going next month to welcome grandchild #3!

We did a B2B a year ago then have cruised, all 7 days, Aug.29th, Sept.19th, Oct.31, Jan.10th and Feb. 10th. Yes we are cruise-a-holics and love cruising! We have a cruise fund for cruising and for the $$$$, cruising can't be beat. WE are self-employed and semiretired so can and do VERY last minute cruises. (We got absolutely last cabin on Feb.6 cruise. Ship had been full for days but I called Costa directly and we got a cabin that had just been turned it, got it late Thursday afternoon, we left at 4:45AM next moring and got on ship the next day.) You never can cruise too much!

CRUISE LINES WE"VE BEEN ON :

Dolphin

Commodore

Regency

Premier

Cape Canaveral Cruises

Carnival

Royal Caribean

Celebrity

NCL

Princess

Costa

The only way you are going to know for sure if it's right for you is to try it. We love cruising and often go more than once a year. Sometimes just my husband and I, sometimes with our 16-year old son, sometimes with friends. We are in our mid-50s, both with jobs with a great deal of responsibility. In addition, I have been the care taker for at least one older member of my family ongoing for several years. For us, vacations right now are all about R & R, and a cruise is perfect. I unpack once, and get waited on for a week. We often don't even get off the ship in at least one port and when we do it's usually for a little shopping and to find a beach. Also, if this was only your first cruise, you have a lot of ports and a lot of ships to explore. Good luck with your decision, but if you're so inclinded, I'd say give it a try.

Travel has always been our number one priority! We travel 8 -- 10 weeks during the year, with about 1/2 of that being cruises. So, usually three or four cruises a year is normal for us.

By the way, you might want to give Celebrity or Holland America a try if you want to upgrade to better cruise cuisine.:)

Good Luck!

Kel