Princess flowers....good value?

kymbakitty

My hubby loves fresh flowers (even more than I do). I want to order some for our cruise and since it will be a two week cruise, it will be nice to have flowers for at least most of it.

I see three selections that can be ordered. A dozen red roses...nice, but roses hardly ever open and they can look pretty awful in just a few days.

The other two options are mixed bouquets. One is $38 and the other $48....or close to that. While they look slightly different from one another, I can't really tell the difference. One states that it will be the cruiseline's choice and the other one appears to suggest that you have choices (in what flowers go in)...but it doesn't really say that either.

Has anyone ordered either of the two bouquets? I would love to do this in the very near future.

Thanks!!!!

Dawn

I suggest you wait until you're onboard before placing your order if possible. Pick up an order form at the Pursers desk and ask to see the photo book of floral arrangements. It'll make deciding much easier.

By the way, there are many more arrangements available when you order onboard.

Lew

I like to have flowers in the cabin as well. It is such a nice addition, especially on a longer cruise. They usually have a table set up (announced in the Patter) and I have seen really nice tropical arrangements for very reasonable prices. I would wait and pick out something on board.

Enjoy!

I too would wait until you're onboard. Depending on the ship, you will often find that Princess sets up a flower stand where you can see some of the selections of flowers that you can buy. Alternatively, depending on the port, you can sometimes buy fresh flower arrangements in the port and bring them on board for your cabin. In the southern Caribbean recently I saw some gorgeous wild ginger at one of the ports for only $3 a stem. These flowers last quite a long time in a vase and would be perfect for brightening up a cabin on a cruise.:D

Another vote for the roses. We were given a gift of a dozen red roses and they are beautiful. The flowers were huge and lasted a very long time. also as someone mentioned at certain ports you can flowers to take back on the ship.

Marilyn

We always buy flowers and bring them on board ourselves. The cabin steward has always been able to find some type of vase for us, although once the champagne bucket was our vase. :D

In Papetee we bought huge $10 tropical bouquets at the market. In Rome and Sorrento we bought flowers I'd never even seen or heard of. For cruises from Miami or Ft lauderdale, I just go to Albertsons. :cool:

If that isn't an option for you, just wait and buy on board. They usually have a lovely selection.

I have ordered the less expensive arrangement (I seem to recall paying $33 but prices have probably risen) for our last few cruises and have been very pleased with it. I felt it was a good value for the money spent. I would order ahead of time (and plan on doing so for our upcoming TA on the Grand) because it is really nice to walk into your cabin and have the flowers already there. Sure, they have tables set up onboard but I like seeing the flowers when I first walk into my cabin on embarkation day.

When not in a full suite (where they provide flowers complimentary), we normally order a flower arrangement from Princess before our cruise. It has always been lovely and lasted for the entire cruise (up to two weeks). We have never been disappointed. ;)

We have always bought a mixed bouquet once on board. As stated above they have many more choices on the ship. They are fast to create and send them to the cabin, so you won't have to wait too long to get them.

Ours have looked just as nice the last day as they did the first (on a 7 day cruise) and I wish I would be able to take them home, but with flying internationally it's not an option for us.

The first thing I do after getting settled in our cabin is head for desk to order flowers. I've purchased a small arrangement of tropical flowers the last two cruises and they last the full week and look wonderful.

Can anybody tell me where on the cruise personalizer you can pre-order flowers or do you have to call Princess?

I have ordered the less expensive arrangement (I seem to recall paying $33 but prices have probably risen) for our last few cruises and have been very pleased with it. I felt it was a good value for the money spent. I would order ahead of time (and plan on doing so for our upcoming TA on the Grand) because it is really nice to walk into your cabin and have the flowers already there. Sure, they have tables set up onboard but I like seeing the flowers when I first walk into my cabin on embarkation day.

I just looked at the website again...you are correct, it is $33. I wasn't sure between the two bouquets.

While it is nice to have the bouquet in our room before we get there, I think the idea of picking out flowers from a large selection makes much more sense to me. If I weren't buying them for ourselves (ha!), the element of the surprise would mean much more. But since we are buying them for our own gift--picking an arrangement on board does not in any way lessen the experience for me.

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I posted this....there are a lot of folks that order themselves flowers--ha!!!

Dawn

On the off chance you are leaving from Florida consider Publix grocery flowers. They are delivered to stores at 2AM daily. Fresher than any flowers I have found anywhere; also less then half the price. They always last at least 2 weeks.

On the off chance you are leaving from Florida consider Publix grocery flowers. They are delivered to stores at 2AM daily. Fresher than any flowers I have found anywhere; also less then half the price. They always last at least 2 weeks.

I'm from the UK, I've bought flowers from Publix twice, once whilst staying in a rented villa and once going on a 15 day cruise. On both occasions, at the end of our stay/cruise, they where as fresh as the day they were bought, and at haf the price of what the cruise line charges. I will be buying my flowers from Publix again in April for when I board the Grand. :D

Last cruise on Princess, I sailed solo and DH had an absolutely gorgeous bouquet of tropical flowers sent to me. They were still beautiful at the end of the cruise so I gave them to my favorite female bar server, Florentina. I was very impressed with the quality of the flowers (see photo attached).

1294134617_CrownPrincess101-2009.jpg.d4ed6d75b22dc7a43540d3be9de382ae.jpg

Dawn,

I have been a floral designer all my life. Allow me to offer you some insight.

The difference between the less and more expensive arrangements is this:

Mixed arrangements are the very best way to go, as they will last longer.

The one that states "cruiseline choice" is the same as saying "designer's choice" which means they will use the flowers that are seasonal, and usually less expensive thus you should have a fuller, nicer arrangement.

Tropical flowers last longer than most any other flower, but may cost a bit more.

What ever you decide on, be sure you add water every day!

Enjoy your cruise as well as the beautiful flowers!

Teri

I like to have flowers in the cabin as well. It is such a nice addition, especially on a longer cruise. They usually have a table set up (announced in the Patter) and I have seen really nice tropical arrangements for very reasonable prices. I would wait and pick out something on board.

Enjoy!

I agree. DH always goes to the table that is set up and selects a lovely arrangement of tropical flowers. They tend to last most of the cruiseand are quite reasonable. We have also picked up arrangements while ashore in some ports. We got a gorgeous one in Tahiti for only $15.

Thanks for all your tips...I will get these ordered ahead of time for my next "girls only" cruise. This is my best friend's first cruise and I want it to be extra special for her. Plus...I'll get to enjoy the flowers, too!:D

Just for reference...Where on the ship is the flower shop located? We'll be on the Crown.

From reading previous posts, alot of cruisers said they would have the Ultimate Balcony Dinner early on the cruise that way they could enjoy the flowers that comes with it for the rest of the cruise. So not only do you get a nice arrangement but you get a romantic dinner to go along with it.

Cherie

Archived