Which ship is replacing the Fantasy in Mobile?

Cotton

I've been out of the cruising world for awhile. In trying to catch up, I've noticed a few posts about the Fantasy leaving Mobile. Wondering if anyone knows which ship will replace her...and when. Can't find the info on Carnival site. Thx y'all.:)

I've been out of the cruising world for awhile. In trying to catch up, I've noticed a few posts about the Fantasy leaving Mobile. Wondering if anyone knows which ship will replace her...and when. Can't find the info on Carnival site. Thx y'all.:)

The Elation is coming from the west coast

Does anyone know when the Elation will be getting the upgrades? Thanks!

Currently, it has not been scheduled, but; the 2011 sailing schedule has not been released beyond March. Atlantic Marine, which performed the EOF upgrades to the Fantasy, is only a few hundred feet away from the cruise terminal in Mobile.

I have heard the "water works" upgrades have been done to the Elation.

FYI: An upgrade scheduled for 2008 involves upgrades to the pool area, staterooms and some public rooms. Some of the following are complete: a snazzy new pool area with teak decking, new umbrellas, a tile "beach" for the pool water to lap against and a new thatched roof for the hot tub. The kids will rave about "Carnival waterworks," the new water park featuring a 4-story tall and 300 foot long "Twister Water Slide." Another slide is three side-by-side tubes 82 feet long. This is all part of a waterpark with all kinds of sprays and other devices to keep the kiddies cool and fresh. There's also a new nine-hole miniature golf course. As of January 2008, this is almost complete.

FYI: An upgrade scheduled for 2008 involves upgrades to the pool area, staterooms and some public rooms. Some of the following are complete: a snazzy new pool area with teak decking, new umbrellas, a tile "beach" for the pool water to lap against and a new thatched roof for the hot tub. The kids will rave about "Carnival waterworks," the new water park featuring a 4-story tall and 300 foot long "Twister Water Slide." Another slide is three side-by-side tubes 82 feet long. This is all part of a waterpark with all kinds of sprays and other devices to keep the kiddies cool and fresh. There's also a new nine-hole miniature golf course. As of January 2008, this is almost complete.

As of Aug 09, when I sailed, this has not been done, and the Elation hasnt been in drydock since.

Nope on the "water works" area...Here are the upgrades done in 2009...No drydock scheduled for this year....The drydock schedule is at the bottom of the page with the upgrades done.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/elation/ElationFactSheet.htm

The Elation will replace the Fantasy.

Carnival has been very quiet on why, because many see this is a downgrade since it does not have all the new enhancements, in particular the Water slides.

It does have the Serenity deck and some of the enhancements.

Of course the Elation is 10 years newer than the Fantasy, and at least Mobile wil not continue with the rep of having the oldest ship in the fleet. It ws ironic that Mobile had the oldest ship in the Fleet with the Holiday, and when she was sent to Spain it was replaced with the Fantasy, now the oldest ship in the fleet.

Another reason that is suggested is that the Elation has a newer side propulsion system, which will allow it to turn easier in the Mobile basin.

For me...its a ship!!

I will be excited to try the Elation out when she arrives.

I have been trolling the carnival web site for a cruise from Mobile next January (2011) and it states the Elation. What I don't understand is why her earlier crusies go to 3 ports, but after she settles in, she is strictly a Mexico stopper.

You know, no more Jamiaca, just Calico and Cozumel, or Progreso and Cozumel.

But a cruise is a cruise, and Progreso looks really interesting for shore excursions. And January is a great time to get away from winter.:)

Either in the original press release or something our PVP said was that the Elation had faster engines and could therefore go further in the same length of cruise time. The assumption being, then, that ports further than Cozumel, Calica, and Progreso would now be accessible. It doesn't look like that has panned out based on the schedule.

Elation is only doing a limited series of 7 night cruises out of Mobile. Other than that handful, all others will be the standard 4 and 5 nighters to Mexico. Triumph out of NOLA does 4,5 and 7 nighters as well, on a regular basis. You might want to take a look at Triumph.

Archived