Private Islands

AK Dreaming

I was at CoCo Cay last month & it was VERY nice. They just made improvements to the island so I wonder if some people who give you their opinions haven't been there since the reno took place. But it is really nice there. I liked it much more than Half Moon Cay. Haven't been to GSC.

I've been to all four. HMC - hands down is the best! Coco Cay is nice, but you have to walk quite a way down the beach to get to a good beach area, as well as from the tender pier. GSC used to be really pretty, but the actual area between the beach and the retaining wall has gotten very narrow, especially at the tender area, so you have to turn left off of the tender and walk a way down to get to a nicer beach area. I do like tendering right on the beach, though. I really thought that Princess Cays was very nice, with a beautiful beach! I think that one big difference is: RCI (Coco Cay) and NCL (GSC) have short cruises, as well as the 7 day cruises, so those islands/beaches are used more. HAL (HMC) and Princess (PC) just do 7 (+) day cruises to their islands. I may be mistaken, but I believe that NCL was the first line to buy and operate a private island.

Archived